Post-Game Talk: Classic Oilers

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Don't know why I continue to watch. I said it many times before this is a lost season. If you want to make the playoffs you must beat teams like Arizona at home. This team is incapable of winning consistently. I don't see the Oilers capable of any sustained push. They come close to the last WC and then fall back. Horrible team outside of 3 or 4 players. Still don't like Talbot and Lucic. Should have played Koskinen tonight.

There is no hope this year. Only good thing is Chia will be fired.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
For the record, though, I still think we make the playoffs. Doesn't make this group any less frustrating.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Brodziak
Kassian
Reider
Rattie
Petrovic
Manning
Spooner
Gravel
Lucic

These are all players chairelli has acquired. This team is not good enough and it's exclusively on him.

No Kevin Lowe didn't say go trade for Spooner and Lucic.

Fire chairelli right now.

Lowe didn’t but you can bet your ass he approved.
Fire Chiarelli. Hire next buddy. Keep OBC in invented positions.
Will be same old story.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
This team just doesn't get it. They refuse to throw pucks on net even though other teams continue beating us on these types of plays. At least 8 times tonight I seen them pass on a chance to throw the puck either on net or to an area where they can get a bounce or redirection. Such an important game and this was the result- losing to a team missing half its roster. These guys just aren't willing to put in the work. The hockey Gods keep giving us more bullets and we keep firing them off in to oblivion. Such a discouraging joke!

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
do we though?

The fact that we're still selling out the arena, the fact that we still purchase or wear previously purchased merchandise, the fact that hfoil is one of the most active boards in all NHL related forums, shows just how passionate we are. It may paint us as stupid, for continuing to cheer for a team that clearly has no desire to give us anything to cheer about, but any real fan for any team will tell you that you don't get to pick and choose when to be a fan. There's a reason we're called fanatics.

There will always be a vocal, terrible minority, and frustration will get the best of even the most level headed fans sometimes, but it doesn't mean we don't deserve better.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
People continue to blame the wrong person on here after every loss. "fire chia".
This is all on the owner.
A new gm will make zero difference just like a new coach will make zero difference. It's going to take 20 years a a waste of one of the best talents in the game for people to realize this.

Yup. This owner is indifferent and completely tone deaf. Completely tuned out.

Nothing changes till he decides he wants real change and fires his buddies and gets serious.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

Nothing changes till he decides he wants real change and fires his buddies and gets serious.

So were they not "serious" when they they traded Hall and the Reinhart pick?

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
How bad is this ‘team’? A rookie scores 2 goals and doesn’t even need his stick to do it

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
It is not possible to have an avatar better than Steamed Hams.

Frank-Grimes.jpg

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
id say the defense improved....slightly.....but yah.....pretty much accurate.

Give me taylor hall over lucic, and demers over lars (I really like him I swear), and I guarentee this team is doing better.

The D may have improved, but not by enough to have made the sacrifice at wing worth it.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Let's pause to remember that before Chiasson came back (and he was an after-thought signing), this team was at one point this month icing a line-up where the top-scoring winger had 2 goals on the season. In January.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Let's pause to remember that before Chiasson came back (and he was an after-thought signing), this team was at one point this month icing a line-up where the top-scoring winger had 2 goals on the season. In January.

"Trade your best winger" they told us.

"It's easy to get wingers" they told us.

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB

Nothing changes till he decides he wants real change and fires his buddies and gets serious.[/QUOTE]

LOL, he can fire who ever he wants...the common denominator of this shit will still be here.
it all started with him.
he's ground zero.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
So were they not "serious" when they they traded Hall and the Reinhart pick?

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Just like they were not serious when they invented 4 new positions for the worst management group in NHL history?

Not serious now that they allow this charade to continue.

Get serious by cleaning house and interviewing the best out there. Then keep Wayne and Kieth and Kevin in Studio 99 with an endless flow of red wine.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Just like they were not serious when they invented 4 new positions for the worst management group in NHL history?

Not serious now that they allow this charade to continue.

Get serious by cleaning house and interviewing the best out there. Then keep Wayne and Kieth and Kevin in Studio 99 with an endless flow of red wine.

Keith Gretzky drafted OEL, Pastranak, and McAvoy, as far as I'm concerned he can stay in a management role.

Whoever is the next GM better have a f***ing brain though, and no, "dur hur, I didn't know any better" doesn't cut it. You're in the hot seat for a reason. The team on the ice is the responsibility at the end of the day of the GM, that's true of every sport, that's his job.

Reactions: RattsSSV

GMofOilers

Oct 15, 2007
Mountains
You do need to be great here to get consistent results because this team makes a lot of mistakes.

This team should be able to score 4 goals against a depleted Coyotes team, sometimes you do need to score 4 goals, only in Edmonton is that some monumental undertaking.

This team isn't good enough and if they want to do the whole "ride the goalie" thing then find a Lundqvist type guy that can do that, the Talbots and Koskinens of the world can't cut it.

You seem to really be discrediting the coyotes for some reason. They are 7th overall for GAA at 2.6 per game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad