Injury Report: Clarke MacArthur | Update: Playing TONIGHT vs Detroit

Xamar*

I didnt think its classless. I'm not knocking lehner. I'm saying if it werent for an improbable injury Hammond doesnt get the net. Even if they deceided to quit running with lehner. A game or two more of him playing would likely of made it too late for hammond to have any impact.

Fact Lehner had one of the worst season for a goalie in the NHL

Fact it took him being injured to lose the net

Fact Lehner was injured from MacArthur losing his balance and crashing into him

Are the facts classless?

You should never be happy when a player on your has his head rammed in by a player skating as fast as Macarthur was. Pretty much human decency.

Also

"@RobinLehner:Truly amazing! What an effort by the guys. Congrats to on this amazing story! Keep it going now."

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
You should never be happy when a player on your has his head rammed in by a player skating as fast as Macarthur was. Pretty much human decency.

Also

"@RobinLehner:Truly amazing! What an effort by the guys. Congrats to ��on this amazing story! Keep it going now."

Im not happy Lehner was injured. I'm happy Lehner lost the net. I'm never happy a player gets injured even if its an opposing player like patches in a playoff series. Its far to easy to say "what a classless thing to say" then actually think that without lehner being injured in a freak accident this team doesnt make the playoffs.

Xamar*

Im not happy Lehner was injured. I'm happy Lehner lost the net. I'm never happy a player gets injured even if its an opposing player like patches in a playoff series. Its far to easy to say "what a classless thing to say" then actually think that without lehner being injured in a freak accident this team doesnt make the playoffs.

Who knows what would have happened if Lehner never get injured, maybe he leads us to the playoffs maybe he doesn't. It's best not to even think about it.

Othello*

After all the talk about Stone, I completely forgot about MacArther. He seemed to have a good series agianst the Bruins with the leafs during the lockout

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Anyone know whats up with him? I saw him leave the game and I'm just wondering if we know the situation yet.

"Upper body injury" but the speculation is that he's had another concussion.

That's three now in the span of a season. It's starting to get concerning now...

Poor guy... We're also much better with a healthy Clarke in the line-up than without him.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
"Upper body injury" but the speculation is that he's had another concussion.

That's three now in the span of a season. It's starting to get concerning now...

Poor guy... We're also much better with a healthy Clarke in the line-up than without him.

Not sure he was fully over the last one. He was still looking to find his dominating way again. Now this. Should be a longer look I'd expect this time before he's cleared. You never really get over a concussion of any level quickly. When they happen back to back to back its even tougher.

Lucky Prince is ready. Michalek will take MacArthur's spot with his motor running and history with Zibanejad/Ryan, and Prince should get Pageau, I'd expect.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Be careful. Do not rush back.

Really sucks that his first 2 problems were collisions with team mates. man, that really sucks.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The way he fell and held his head afterwards makes it very obvious it's a concussion

Looks like he might be especially susceptible to them now

Awful for him

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
It's really too bad. Starting to get worrisome now for long term effects. I hope he does not rush back.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
It's really too bad. Starting to get worrisome now for long term effects. I hope he does not rush back.

rushing back really depends on how the team does without him in particular prince

hopefully prince has a couple of good games both so mac can take his time and so prince can take someone from our 4th line and put them in the press box

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
rushing back really depends on how the team does without him in particular prince

hopefully prince has a couple of good games both so mac can take his time and so prince can take someone from our 4th line and put them in the press box

How the team does really has no barring on how quickly he comes back from a concussion.

He should only come back to play if he is symptom free for a long time given his history. He is one of the good guys, considering how many he has had at this point its not about playing again its about him living a happy and healthy life. I hope he is ok.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
How the team does really has no barring on how quickly he comes back from a concussion.

He should only come back to play if he is symptom free for a long time given his history. He is one of the good guys, considering how many he has had at this point its not about playing again its about him living a happy and healthy life. I hope he is ok.

this team has a tendency to try and bring players back early when they arent ready if we are doing poorly

but when we are doing well we actually allow them to recover properly

i completely agree that he should only come back symptom free and im not wishing that he rushes back and sacrifices future health i am just pointing out something this franchise does

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
this team has a tendency to try and bring players back early when they arent ready if we are doing poorly

but when we are doing well we actually allow them to recover properly

i completely agree that he should only come back symptom free and im not wishing that he rushes back and sacrifices future health i am just pointing out something this franchise does

Players want to play, it's what they do

It is preposterous to claim we force players back from concussions too early when we know full well that players sometimes do not disclose all information because they want to play

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Man, I have a bad, bad feeling about this one. As with most guys struggling with concussion issues, it is now taking less and less of a blow for MacArthur to have symptoms again. We aren't going to see him again for a while, I suspect, and there is a possibility that this could be career threatening. I truly hope not, but this is following the same pattern of every other guy who was eventually forced to walk away due to concussions...

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
Man, I have a bad, bad feeling about this one. As with most guys struggling with concussion issues, it is now taking less and less of a blow for MacArthur to have symptoms again. We aren't going to see him again for a while, I suspect, and there is a possibility that this could be career threatening. I truly hope not, but this is following the same pattern of every other guy who was eventually forced to walk away due to concussions...

yeah im with you. and he is such a nice likeable guy too. just poor decision making.

I remember last year he said that he wasn't fully over his headaches and pain but decided to just push through it and come back. I remember reading that and thinking how silly it was for him to do that, again he got something in the PS and stated he pushed through.

They need to shut him down and make him stay out. Even when he says hes ready to go they need to make him sit out some more time or something. He is really putting his post playing life at risk here.

Babych Moustache

Don'tBashThe'Stache
Jul 4, 2008
Ottawa
Really, really hope that Griz takes his time... there are longer term issues at play, and life is a lot longer than his hockey career will be. I know that he, like any player, is programmed to want to get back ASAP, but if the team has the same big picture type doctors that I've worked with in the past regarding concussions, they'll work together to make sure that he's not jeopardizing more than he should be.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
It's a shame that Prince is getting into the line up on such grim instances. Would've much preferred having both Prince and Mac in the line up :(

Hopefully he can recover well. Was he hit to the head or just the fall that did him?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
It's a shame that Prince is getting into the line up on such grim instances. Would've much preferred having both Prince and Mac in the line up :(

Hopefully he can recover well. Was he hit to the head or just the fall that did him?

IT was a nothing play, he clipped/got clipped by an opposing player fell awkwardly (first sign), reached for his head while he was lying on the ice (second sign) then got up very slowly (third sign)

I expect him to miss significant time and I can't imagine how he feels...

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
IT was a nothing play, he clipped/got clipped by an opposing player fell awkwardly (first sign), reached for his head while he was lying on the ice (second sign) then got up very slowly (third sign)

I expect him to miss significant time and I can't imagine how he feels...

I saw it the same way. Really not looking good for Mac. I hope he takes the time off he needs to recover from this.

Now Prince will get an opportunity to play. I hope he does well. Could be good on wing with Pageau and Lazar: fast, skilled. Looking forward to seeing that line have a go.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
He should take the rest of the season off. Come back next season and give it a go. If it happens again then at least he tried. Long term IR and we get cap relief.

It could take years before he is not susceptible to concussions and that would not even be playing hockey during the time.

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
He should take the rest of the season off. Come back next season and give it a go. If it happens again then at least he tried. Long term IR and we get cap relief.

It could take years before he is not susceptible to concussions and that would not even be playing hockey during the time.

Long term IR does nothing for us since were not at the cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad