Injury Report: Clarke MacArthur | Update: Playing TONIGHT vs Detroit

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Thats what happens when you play a skilled forward in your bottom 6, less ice time reduces their overall productivity and ability to get into the game, and playing with actual bottom 6 forwards creates less scoring opportunities for the guy. We got a gem, 30 goals isn't out of the question for MacArthur.

I am very glad the Senators signed him as a UFA. I think Toronto made a big mistake letting him go. And I also think Carlyle is one of the reasons he left the Leafs. Burke may have been a factor too. We need more players like him: fast, quick, backchecker, forechecker, puckhandling, drive to the net, good shot, enthusiastic.

I think Hoffman is developing nicely and might turn into a similar type of player.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I posted (when we didn't have a captain) that Clarke MacArthur should be our Captain. I stand by that post. He's our best overall player.

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
He's probably our second most balanced player (Turris).

Karlsson is our best overall player.

Man do people ever mix up balance of talents with "overall".

He's a more 'balanced' player than Turris, in my opinion. He is every bit as defensively responsible and offensively oriented, in addition to having a gritty edge to his game that Turris lacks.

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
I am very glad the Senators signed him as a UFA. I think Toronto made a big mistake letting him go. And I also think Carlyle is one of the reasons he left the Leafs. Burke may have been a factor too. We need more players like him: fast, quick, backchecker, forechecker, puckhandling, drive to the net, good shot, enthusiastic.

I think Hoffman is developing nicely and might turn into a similar type of player.

McArthur is more gritty than hoffman and he skates his heart out every shift. Hoffman has more skills though but he lacks patience with thr puck

I love how McArthur is the type that isnt afraid to crash the net or take a few swipes at the puck even when the goalie has the puck covered. He did that yesterday and luckily got away with it lol

LynxBud

Nov 27, 2013
Gloucester
I remember when we first signed Clarke after losing Alfie.. "THIS is our replacement for Alfie..? ****.."

Halfway into last season I started thinking he would be a better captain than Spezza. When Spezza left I thought he absolutely should have been.

Crazy how fast a player like that turned me into a huge fan. Easily one of my top 3 favourite Senators along with Karlsson. Incredible player.
I think he was the best replacement we could have hoped to get. Just perfect. So glad he's sticking around for years to come.

KarlssonMarx

Be Red
Mar 1, 2012
Halifax
Remember last season how he didn't score his first goal until like 10-12 games into the season?

He's already got 5 in 9. He's gonna score 30 this year.

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
I remember when we first signed Clarke after losing Alfie.. "THIS is our replacement for Alfie..? ****.."

That was me. I was pissed and wanted no part of MacArthur. I couldn't believe that Ottawa wasn't willing to pay the (IIRC) $2 million difference between Alfie's and MacArthur's salaries to keep him.

Wow, was I wrong on that one. I love Alfie and everything that he did for this franchise, but he was at the end of his career and MacArthur is still in his 20s. It hurt but it was the right call.

BigBush*

I watched a replay yesterday when he was playing against ottawa as a leaf where he scored on an empty net on a delayed penalty with the goalie pulled.
I guess he always wanted to be a Sens. I think michalek for the goal ;)

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
He'll probably go 'cold' soon and not score a goal in like 7 but have 5 assists. Guy is so complete. He's really the guy in the top 6 who sets the example for others to lead by. When an A becomes available, it should be his.

BigBush*

He'll probably go 'cold' soon and not score a goal in like 7 but have 5 assists. Guy is so complete. He's really the guy in the top 6 who sets the example for others to lead by. When an A becomes available, it should be his.

It was available tonight but bobby got it (Phillips scratch). Sorry bobby but it should go to Mac

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
MacArthur is one of the few players who moves his ass with a purpose. I really admire his style of play and deserves every bit of adulation he receives. Wish he'd teach some lessons to Greening or Condra.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I get the impression that MacArthur doesn't really want a letter

He just wants to play his game and let it do the talking

BigBush*

I get why they gave it to Bobby. Hoping to add motivation. Clarke doesn't need motivation. The letter didnt seem to add much to Ryan's step, tho.

I hope they gave it to Ryan for motivation and because of "politics" (big 7+ mill deal).
Clarke clearly deserves an A

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I get why they gave it to Bobby. Hoping to add motivation. Clarke doesn't need motivation. The letter didnt seem to add much to Ryan's step, tho.

MacArthur is clearly part of the leadership group, letter or not.

As for Ryan, I find he's stepped up his game a fair bit away from the puck. He's back checking well, he's come up with some big plays (scoring or not) and really looking like a better all round player despite the lack of occasion finish.

Karl Cowensson

I has cheezburger
Oct 27, 2008
Northern Ontario
MacArthur is clearly part of the leadership group, letter or not.

As for Ryan, I find he's stepped up his game a fair bit away from the puck. He's back checking well, he's come up with some big plays (scoring or not) and really looking like a better all round player despite the lack of occasion finish.

Ryan's definitely better on the defensive side of the puck it seems this season. He's still creating scoring chances, so its only a matter of time before they start going in. Seems like he's not forcing plays either just to score goals, he could have tried to walk out and stuff the puck in, but instead made the nice pass to MacArthur for the goal.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
whenever an opposing defenseman wants to discuss something with turris after the whistle (rough turris up), macarthur is always there to protect him. they really have good chemistry and really stick up for each other. love it.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
48 goal pace so far. He's going to have some cold spells I'm sure but I could easily see him getting 30-35.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad