MVPTP
Nov 30, 2009
Ottawa
Clarke. You're a beauty. I love u.

152551.jpg

DuckedUpOnQuack

Aug 2, 2005
Ottawa
I'm still amazed Toronto let him go, and even more amazed at how little it cost to sign him. Wish he had a letter on his chest

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I'm still amazed Toronto let him go, and even more amazed at how little it cost to sign him. Wish he had a letter on his chest

Thats what happens when you play a skilled forward in your bottom 6, less ice time reduces their overall productivity and ability to get into the game, and playing with actual bottom 6 forwards creates less scoring opportunities for the guy. We got a gem, 30 goals isn't out of the question for MacArthur.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
For all the focus on good drafting crazy that we got Mac and Turris - arguably our best two forwards - for so little. Mac was a bargain UFA and Turris cost us a bust prospect and a 2nd, crazy.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
The best part is him re-signing with us.

The guy plays the game beautifully. Great leadership, great IQ, great skills and excellent chemistry with Turris which makes a legit top line tandem.

How good can he get with us?

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
The best part is him re-signing with us.

The guy plays the game beautifully. Great leadership, great IQ, great skills and excellent chemistry with Turris which makes a legit top line tandem.

How good can he get with us?

I'd so more accurately the best part is rubbing it in the faces of Leafs fans

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
Leafs fans held high opinions of Mac in the original thread when he signed here last summer. It was Sens fans who were ripping him, unfairly but understandably since the bitterness of the Alfie situation was still strong. Not many were in a logical thinking mood.

Best part of that thread was the prophecy delivered by BankStreetParade

This is a very good underrated signing. Guy can score goals, is young and fast. 60+ points 2 seasons ago. Those are great numbers. For some odd reason I feel that him and Turris will have great, great chemistry.

costermonger

sans classe
Nov 4, 2007
Kitchener, Ont
That was an excellent prediction.

The guy just plays the game the right way. He's good in all situations and works hard. And he clearly likes it here. Great signing.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I love watching him skate, he empties the tank every freaking shift.

Karlsson2Turris*

This guy has been amazing but no one seems to be talking about him.

Quietly leading our team in points.

Tied with Karlsson actually.

And yeah, he's been phenomenal. Imo he's been our est forward so far (more consistant than Turris and Ryan)

thesensguy

Apr 5, 2014
Ottawa,Ontario
Honestly our best player this season thus far (minus the goalies). I jumped for joy when he was resigned,my buddy who I was with didn't care much. To think that him and Michalek are making almost the same as of next year and Michalek is making more this year....

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I remember my boss (a leafs fan) told me the day after we signed him that he would be on of my favorite senators by the end of his contract. He was totally right.

Its still a compete shock to me that the leafs let him go, or how he could end up in Carlyle's doghouse.

KarlssonMarx

Be Red
Mar 1, 2012
Halifax
MacArthur is the best UFA singing in the history of our organization...by FAR

I was happy when we singed him because he was one of the few leafs players I ever liked. But I still never expected him to be this good

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I remember my boss (a leafs fan) told me the day after we signed him that he would be on of my favorite senators by the end of his contract. He was totally right.

Its still a compete shock to me that the leafs let him go, or how he could end up in Carlyle's doghouse.

My uncle, a Bruins fan believe it or not, told me he's always liked Clarky ever since the WJC the day we found out that the Sens signed him. He's watched a lot of hockey.

Ever since then I never had a doubt in my mind Clarky would be good, but it's definitely nice seeing it with my own eyes.

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
I actually remember MacArthur from the 2005 WJC, due to the lockout it was the biggest hockey event of the year. That was the first time I was made aware of him, and I remember him playing a solid game and getting his fair share of praise. I think he was on the 3rd line but he and his linemates (Colliton and Fraser was it?) were dominating most of their shifts.

That was such an insane WJC team. It was the perfect storm as it coincided with the last year the deep 2003 draft class was eligible to play WJC on top of a lockout, which forced all those CHLers to stay in the CHL where they would definitely be released by their teams to play for the national squad. And of course it also had Crosby. I don't think the stars will ever align that well again to create a WJC powerhouse.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad