Injury Report: Clarke MacArthur | Update: Playing TONIGHT vs Detroit

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
See him start giving it to a Wild player in front of the net well after the play had ended, and then chirping through the whole whistle from the bench?

The guy has fire. Competes like crazy. Need more players like him, and the youth on the team should take notes.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Yeah, I've honestly got nothing bad to say about this guy (initially I kept waiting for him to have a bad game and it really never happened). Great team player, works hard each and every game. He is defensively responsible, has some fire and he can get points too!

Derivation

Jan 4, 2010
Gets good chances but doesn't always finish. Still like his game and plays an important role for the team.

h2owned

Nov 17, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario
Whats going on with Clarke? Hasn't had the same hustle and drive to the net and only 2 points in the last 10 games. Need more out of him to get 2 lines going.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
very inconsistant player that has been his MO for his career

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Sure, but he's been nothing but consistent since he's been in Ottawa.

I think hell heat up again.

he also didn't have this much pressure to produce last year

i think him and turris are feeling the pressure of being the go to guys

maybe zibby and ryan will take pressure off them now

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Needs Turris to regain that edge. For whatever reason, Turris has looked a bit distracted lately. A bit slow on reads, giving and receiving passes, that sort of thing. And it hasn't been increased pressure from the opposition on the ice, either. Maybe Lazar can pass around some of those smelling salts.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Hes been playing fine he just isnt scoring which is expected because hes a high effort medium skill guy.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Still the best scorer on te team. I'd say he's been our best player outside of Ryan this year, right there with Hoffman. Sure he has a little slump but he's consistently playing against the best lines.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Still the best scorer on te team. I'd say he's been our best player outside of Ryan this year, right there with Hoffman. Sure he has a little slump but he's consistently playing against the best lines.
That's an issue we are gonna have to address at some point in the future

Karlsson2Turris*

Man is he struggling big time. Who knew the loss of Spezza would expose Turris and Macarthur this much.

BigBush*

still dont like how they took Ryan off the top line with Mac and Turris. I get that they want to even out the top 6 but i think Mac and Turris need a real threat like Ryan to get them going

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
still dont like how they took Ryan off the top line with Mac and Turris. I get that they want to even out the top 6 but i think Mac and Turris need a real threat like Ryan to get them going

My general thinking with that is the idea that Ryan is a top line guy (and will be for this team for the foreseeable future) whereas Turris and Mac are not. So they are separating them now. Since Murray and co. tend to think Zib is a future 1C, they put Ryan and Zib together for the first part of the season hoping it would work out long term. So far it hasn't, so we'll see Ryan with JGP tonight.

I still think Turris and Mac will be a great second line once they are sheltered by a big gun line, whenever that happens.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
From my vantage, I don't see Mac moving his feet at times. It's like he's floating.

Sam

BigBush*

My general thinking with that is the idea that Ryan is a top line guy (and will be for this team for the foreseeable future) whereas Turris and Mac are not. So they are separating them now. Since Murray and co. tend to think Zib is a future 1C, they put Ryan and Zib together for the first part of the season hoping it would work out long term. So far it hasn't, so we'll see Ryan with JGP tonight.

I still think Turris and Mac will be a great second line once they are sheltered by a big gun line, whenever that happens.

I know that's what they said, but i have a hard time believing they think/thought that Zib would be a #1C

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I know that's what they said, but i have a hard time believing they think/thought that Zib would be a #1C

Well, he was projected to be at the draft and has scored 16 goals last year. When he plays well he looks like a top 6 player but the problem is he isn't consistent. Time should fix that he's only 21.

For Macarthur, I thought he would've got out of that drought by now. Not sure what's going on with him.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Well, he was projected to be at the draft and has scored 16 goals last year. When he plays well he looks like a top 6 player but the problem is he isn't consistent. Time should fix that he's only 21.

For Macarthur, I thought he would've got out of that drought by now. Not sure what's going on with him.
Heavy play is taking it's toll.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Man is he struggling big time. Who knew the loss of Spezza would expose Turris and Macarthur this much.

Mac struggling but Turris playing exactly as expected if not better. He's on pace for almost similar points as last year while playing as the undisputed number 1 C in all positions without a guy like Ryan on his wing too. Turris hasn't been exposed at all. We haven't had a bonafide number 2 C to help him although when Zibanejad has been on this team has looked quite good. Just need time.

Mac has been very cold lately but that also happened last year before he entered huge hot streak. Still too early to judge. Remember when he scored 7 goals in first 10 games of season or something? Last year he also scored like 8 in 11 near 2nd half of season which bumped his totals big as well. Mac has always been streaky scorer but he's also been responsible and contributes to other areas when he isn't scoring which makes him more than a great 2nd line winger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad