CL Round of 8

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Yep. Except for the Isco offside goal where he was onside.

That foul was even worse than the VVD one argued earlier this season. Not only does he swing his leg and miss but he pushes the player full speed too.

Isco may have been an inch offsides but that's up to the linesman anyway. I do think the calls slightly favored Juve this game.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
And Buffon's red was clearly deserved, pushed against the ref multiple times and continued to yell in his face.
It seemed to me that everyone was getting jostled around but oh well. Give him a yellow then.

It's not hard contact, and maybe on a corner or at the edge of the box you let it go, but when a guy is standing 5 feet from goal with nothing in front of him, you can't push him in the back.
But that shouldn't matter. If you let it go 99% of the time, calling soft contact a penalty is idiotic. I dunno, I guess I'm okay with a little more physicality in soccer than people here.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Lololol like this is proof of anything?

God you better not ever complain about a ref's decision - in hockey or soccer - for the rest of your posting history or I am going to call you out on this.
I don't know if I can go on looking over my shoulder like that.

Reactions: Sol

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Lololol like this is proof of anything?

God you better not ever complain about a ref's decision - in hockey or soccer - for the rest of your posting history or I am going to call you out on this.
Please go learn the rules. Just the push in the back is already enough for the clear penalty.

Nurmagomedov

Apr 13, 2015
In that moment, either call was going to be controversial. In the end i think it was a good call. Clear scoring opportunity, contact from behind, didn't get the ball.

Reactions: Pouchkine

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
But that shouldn't matter. If you let it go 99% of the time, calling soft contact a penalty is idiotic. I dunno, I guess I'm okay with a little more physicality in soccer than people here.
Or fairness.
If a ref doesn't call that for one team he can't call that for the other at the 94th.
No soft penalty calls in the 94th. That's quite obvious. Benatia bumps into Vasquez, something players do in the box a hundred times a game without anything being called.

Contrary to many here, I feel like the ref buckled under the pressure from the stadium/players/officials. Real is used to get all the 50/50 calls, especially when they're in trouble.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Which facts? The leg never touched Vazquez. There was some soft contact in the back and Vazquez tumbling over.

Tumbling hehe, it is f***ing Lucas Vazquez we're talking here. One of the biggest POS in the Spanish league. Hate that motherf***er more than I hated ADM and I thought I couldn't

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
It seemed to me that everyone was getting jostled around but oh well. Give him a yellow then.

Soft penalty? Not according to the rules it's 100% penalty.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY

Yelling in his face would have been a yellow. Pushing him is where it becomes a red. It wasn't one accidental bump, he repeatedly pushed into him.

Context matters. It wasn't a hard foul, but it was contact and it took away what was almost a sure goal.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Penalty or not. The question is why did the ref allow the play for 11 more seconds after additional time were already done?
Because a good ref doesn't stop an offensive play. I have zero problem with that (nor the Buffon red BTW).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad