CL Round of 16----matches begin today

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Conte has pretty bad track record in European club competitions doesn’t he?
How you can blame Conte for this team's arrogance makes no sense

These players legitimately believed they could go toe to toe against Barcelona playing attacking football.

Three goals came from Chelsea errors and one came from a weird bounce that Courtois should have stopped.

Hazard has not been good over the two legs. Honestly looks like a player who is ready to leave.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
How you can blame Conte for this team's arrogance makes no sense

These players legitimately believed they could go toe to toe against Barcelona playing attacking football.

Three goals came from Chelsea errors and one came from a weird bounce that Courtois should have stopped.

Hazard has not been good over the two legs. Honestly looks like a player who is ready to leave.
I am not blaming him..

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Why did he exile Costa out again? Maybe he could've made the tie a bit more interesting. He's left with two donkeys in Giroud and Morata now.
He didn't. Costa has wanted to go back to Atletico every single transfer window since he's been here.

Reactions: All Might

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
sorry, the whole #conteout movement and Chelsea's managerial circus is so irritating. Revolving ****ing door of players and managers.

I agree, but I think it's a foregone conclusion that he's leaving. And I do think a lot of the blame in the Costa situation lies at his feet - Costa had always wanted to go back to Atletico, but it was Conte who cut him loose from the squad entirely. In the league, the 3-4-3 clearly isn't working, and the continued usage of the false-9 is a strategic error that completely falls to him. Imagine how much better this squad would be as a 4-2-3-1. There's a lot of individual quality in this squad, but the system clearly isn't working.

Morata
Hazard - Willian - Pedro
Kante - Fabregas
Alonso - Rudiger - Christensen - Azpilicueta
Courtois

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
our supposed best players lost us this tie.
Hazard didn't show up. Fabregas didn't contribute anything. Courtois must have a side job as a hooker as he can't keep his legs closed.

The false 9 Hazard experiment has been terrible every time. I don't like it either. But it did stem from Morata falling out of form so it's not as if he just went to it for no reason.

f***s sake. I hate this revolving door.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Honestly, this is a very different game if the penalty call gets given at 2-0, which I think it should've been.

But it's unfair to blame the ref. The issue is that we haven't been taking our chances, and Courtois's howlers.
yeah, this loss is 100% on our players.

f*** I'm so irritated and I expected this too so I don't know why.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
yeah, this loss is 100% on our players.

**** I'm so irritated and I expected this too so I don't know why.

The third goal is probably the angriest I've been watching this team in a long while.

3-0 was an unfair result based on the balance of play in this game, and 4-1 an unfair result based on the balance of the tie. But those gaffes leave us with no one to blame but ourselves.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad