CL Round of 16----matches begin today

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Oh Hazard does, Drogba was among the most notorious and Costa did up until they sold him. But I would say it’s a bit more prevalent in La Liga because it’s rewarded by officiating. Liverpool has a few that will as well, so I’ll cut that conversation off before it goes there.

Yeah, but you were referring to Alonso and I've not seen a lot of him doing that.

Eternalize

Nov 8, 2013
Sweden
Chelsea fans must've been hitting the sauce after the first 20 minutes. I mean its pretty clear that they accuse Messi of diving yet wanted a penalty that wouldn't have changed single thing in the outcome of the game. I guess holding your hat on not getting shutout at the camp nou is something.

Also I love that tweet from Ballack... typical of his whiny *****y self. Must be a descent of Spain. **** him, him running around like a ****ing loser is the best part of 2009. What a clown.
This is literally f***ing impossible for you to know. A goal for Chelsea at that point could have been crucial for their quest to turn around the game. Just look at the Juventus-Tottenham game last week. Juventus were toothless until the point when they scored their first goal. Tottenham were still through at that point, after playing nearly flawless defensively. But they got nervous after that goal, and Juventus capitalized on it and went through because of it.

You're always in a tough spot as long as you're down by 2 goals in a football game, especially in an away game. But if you score one, you can get some momentum going. And tbf, i wasn't too impressed by Barcelona and how they played. I'm pessimistic, but i never once felt like Barcelona was too good for Chelsea. They didn't made silly mistakes like Chelsea did though.

Over those two legs, i feel like Chelsea defeated themselves rather than that Barcelona defeated them. That's what i will remember from this day rather than the penalty that they could have had. Christensens mistake in game 1, Courtois awful game today with at least 2 mistakes that lead to goals, Fabregas still being useless which lead to a goal. You can't afford to make those mistakes in games like these. Non of those are acceptable. Doesn't matter how young/old you are or what your name is.

Some actual luck wouldn't have either, having had 4 hits off the woodwork over both legs for instance. And don't even get me started on 2009...

Reactions: Peen and Evilo

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
This is literally ****ing impossible for you to know. A goal for Chelsea at that point could have been crucial for their quest to turn around the game. Just look at the Juventus-Tottenham game last week. Juventus were toothless until the point when they scored their first goal. Tottenham were still through at that point, after playing nearly flawless defensively. But they got nervous after that goal, and Juventus capitalized on it and went through because of it.

You're always in a tough spot as long as you're down by 2 goals in a football game, especially in an away game. But if you score one, you can get some momentum going. And tbf, i wasn't too impressed by Barcelona and how they played. I'm pessimistic, but i never once felt like Barcelona was too good for Chelsea. They didn't made silly mistakes like Chelsea did though.

Over those two legs, i feel like Chelsea defeated themselves rather than that Barcelona defeated them. That's what i will remember from this day rather than the penalty that they could have had. Christensens mistake in game 1, Courtois awful game today with at least 2 mistakes that lead to goals, Fabregas still being useless which lead to a goal. You can't afford to make those mistakes in games like these. Non of those are acceptable. Doesn't matter how young/old you are or what your name is.

Some actual luck wouldn't have either, having had 4 hits off the woodwork over both legs for instance. And don't even get me started on 2009...

No I do know. Chelsea don't have the quality to score against barca (it took an average player to have the game of his life) at no point was Chelsea every threatening the tie in this game. Sure, they held on the ball far more than anticipated but overall nothing to write home about. So, scoring a pk would've done nothing against an experienced and vastly superior team in barca. You mentioning Spurs is hilarious considering the talent level on that team in relation to barca. Combine that with how experienced Barca is compared to Spurs and you are comparing apples to oranges. Feel free to hang on to the what ifs and buts that is soccer in terms of posts/penalties but the right team went through and not a single chelea fan can cry foul. Well actually if you're Ballack go ahead, its incredibly satisfying.

Also please go ahead and start on 2009.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
This is literally ****ing impossible for you to know. A goal for Chelsea at that point could have been crucial for their quest to turn around the game. Just look at the Juventus-Tottenham game last week. Juventus were toothless until the point when they scored their first goal. Tottenham were still through at that point, after playing nearly flawless defensively. But they got nervous after that goal, and Juventus capitalized on it and went through because of it.

Just as it's impossible to know that Chelsea would have turned the match around.

As for Chelsea defeating themselves, Craig Burley was calling this sentiment "ignorance" during ESPN's post match. In fact a lot of the post match commentary said pretty much that and I'd say that's correct. I didn't see the first leg live and all I read around here were how many more chances Chelsea created and how they deserved more. Then I actually watched the match and saw that wasn't the case. If you can't see the difference between the two teams then I don't know what to tell you other than hopefully for Chelsea's sake the folks in charge can see it.

I think Courtois' role in the second goal has been a bit exaggerated. Sure he really shouldn't give up that sort of goal the vast majority of the time, but Messi did really well on that one as well. It was a hard shot and well placed.

I was saying Messi in that, not Alonso.

I know you were, and it was ridiculous.

Eternalize

Nov 8, 2013
Sweden
No I do know. Chelsea don't have the quality to score against barca (it took an average player to have the game of his life) at no point was Chelsea every threatening the tie in this game. Sure, they held on the ball far more than anticipated but overall nothing to write home about. So, scoring a pk would've done nothing against an experienced and vastly superior team in barca. You mentioning Spurs is hilarious considering the talent level on that team in relation to barca. Combine that with how experienced Barca is compared to Spurs and you are comparing apples to oranges. Feel free to hang on to the what ifs and buts that is soccer in terms of posts/penalties but the right team went through and not a single chelea fan can cry foul. Well actually if you're Ballack go ahead, its incredibly satisfying.

Also please go ahead and start on 2009.
No you don't know. And saying you do is ridiculous and makes you look like an absolute twat. Get off your high horse. Funny hearing you speak about vastly superior team and all that, speaking about lacking the quality. No one on that team besides Umtiti and Messi stood out. Makes me scared hearing how well you think you played, since there wasn't anything impressive about that performance. Both Rakitic and Busquets had major issues handling especially Willian and his speed, especially in the 1st leg but also in this one. Kinda reminded me of Chelsea without Kante where fast teams can just run through their midfield without issues.
Basically all of Barcelonas goals comes off individual mistakes from Chelsea, that Barcelona didn't pressure them to commit. Man you're in for a sad surprise if you play like that against a legit contender.

Spurs are a good team collectively. On top of that, they have a bunch of great players. Like Harry Kane. You know, the guy who scored more goals in the 2017 calender year than anyone else. I agree that they have a loser mentality historically speaking, which might be why they lost in the end. I don't see Barcelona being comfortable in a similar position though, regardless of defensive record. Elimination games are always big games. And it's not like they're notorious historically for their great defensive play in these games regardless of experience.

About 2009, i don't really think there's too much to go into. Unless you're absolutely deluded (showing signs of it tbf), you already know.

Most non-Barca fans (i barely even see their own fans denying it) considers that game as one of the biggest disgraces in football history. When people are talking about "bad refereereing performances" and "UEFALONA", that exact game are usually the one they bring up first because everyone knows about that one. It's one of the games that made people truly despise Barcelona. There's also plenty of reasons to scream "CONSPIRACY" about that game because there's a lot of things that backs that theory up.

Like the fact that Ronaldo and Messi (the players that were considered the worlds 2 best) played for the 2 prefered Final teams.
Like the fact that the best team in Spain (1st in the league) could face the best team in England (1st in the league). Finally you could get to see which "league is the more superior".
Like the fact that Chelsea had already played United the year before in the UCL Final (which they lost). Most neutrals didn't want a repeat of that.
Like the fact that 2 historically rich team could face each other, instead of a team who only had recent success (by playing "cynical" football).
Not to mention the global interest in a match between Barcelona and United would be much greater than a match between Chelsea and United or whoever else.

You will probably just laugh all of this off because you have no shame and because that's the easiest thing to do (conspiracies are always stupid even when they're legit, right?). But anyone can clearly see that there's substance here, and anyone who doesn't see it is an absolute fool. Not expecting anything from you though. You will continue repping the Barcelona fanbase in the worst possible way.

Reactions: Peen

Eternalize

Nov 8, 2013
Sweden
Just as it's impossible to know that Chelsea would have turned the match around.

As for Chelsea defeating themselves, Craig Burley was calling this sentiment "ignorance" during ESPN's post match. In fact a lot of the post match commentary said pretty much that and I'd say that's correct. I didn't see the first leg live and all I read around here were how many more chances Chelsea created and how they deserved more. Then I actually watched the match and saw that wasn't the case. If you can't see the difference between the two teams then I don't know what to tell you other than hopefully for Chelsea's sake the folks in charge can see it.

I think Courtois' role in the second goal has been a bit exaggerated. Sure he really shouldn't give up that sort of goal the vast majority of the time, but Messi did really well on that one as well. It was a hard shot and well placed.
I never EVER said that Chelsea FOR SURE would have turned it around. Don't pick on things i never said. Point is, a goal at that point COULD have been crucial. Im sorry but most people are smart enough to understand this. So of course it could've changed the game, every single decision can.

Yeah and if you watched that game, you probably saw that Barcelona had pretty much nothing and that they scored off an absolutely brutal mistake, out of nowhere, which was a gift and nothing else. Just like most of their goals over the 2 legs, they were all gifts. That mistake alone in the 1st game made the 2nd game a tough one. You let in that softie after 3 minutes and you're expecting to have any sort of chance? Based on how Chelsea set up, they were in the game. Can you honestly say that Chelsea DIDN'T make it harder for themselves by doing stupid shit that Barcelona immediately capatalized on?

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I never EVER said that Chelsea FOR SURE would have turned it around. Don't pick on things i never said. Point is, a goal at that point COULD have been crucial. Im sorry but most people are smart enough to understand this. So of course it could've changed the game, every single decision can.

Yeah and if you watched that game, you probably saw that Barcelona had pretty much nothing and that they scored off an absolutely brutal mistake, out of nowhere, which was a gift and nothing else. Just like most of their goals over the 2 legs, they were all gifts. That mistake alone in the 1st game made the 2nd game a tough one. You let in that softie after 3 minutes and you're expecting to have any sort of chance? Based on how Chelsea set up, they were in the game. Can you honestly say that Chelsea DIDN'T make it harder for themselves by doing stupid **** that Barcelona immediately capatalized on?

I never said you said that Chelsea for sure would have turned it around. I simply pointed out that just as one can say they might have one could just as easily say they likely wouldn't have. So as much as it could have changed the game, it just as easily couldn't have.

I saw most of that match including that goal. That goal was a mistake, but it was very clearly a mistake caused by Barça pressing. As for the rest of the goals, the only one that I would call a big mistake was a the first one, though it should be noted that came after an excellent spell of possession by Barça where there were something like twelve passes that led to that sequence in the box.

As for 09, if you watch both legs and know how the game should be called then you'll see that the calls went both ways.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
No you don't know. And saying you do is ridiculous and makes you look like an absolute ****. Get off your high horse.

I'm sorry high horse? Nah, that's your Ballack and most of the EPL supporters here who jump up and down to claim their league is miles miles ahead. As if they live in an alternate universe. Chelsea at no point looked like scoring giving them a penalty wouldn't have changed anything. Barca can close out games... You have team that's been through it all no panic in them.

Funny hearing you speak about vastly superior team and all that, speaking about lacking the quality. No one on that team besides Umtiti and Messi stood out. Makes me scared hearing how well you think you played, since there wasn't anything impressive about that performance. Both Rakitic and Busquets had major issues handling especially Willian and his speed, especially in the 1st leg but also in this one. Kinda reminded me of Chelsea without Kante where fast teams can just run through their midfield without issues.
Basically all of Barcelonas goals comes off individual mistakes from Chelsea, that Barcelona didn't pressure them to commit. Man you're in for a sad surprise if you play like that against a legit contender.

WOW only 2 players played well for barca and yet, they walked away with a 4-1 on aggregate imagine if they actually played well? I've said it numerous NUMEROUS times that barca are pretenders here they are playing above what the squad should play like in relation to the league. Chelsea just sucks and away from home it wasn't even close.

Basically all of their goals came of Chelsea mistakes that were unforced errors? Hmm high pressure doesn't exist in your world I guess. The only error was Courtios on the first goal everything else was engineered by barca's talent. High pressure causes Christenson to play a loose ball ( a trademark of barca's style) boom Messi capitalizes. Dembele's goal cause by Messi pressuring Cesc and out working him. Combine that with his class to beat 2 defenders that's not errors by Chelsea players that's them getting beat by the greatest player. 3rd goal again beating the Chelsea defenders out wide to get a chance on goal and finishing it off. It may look bad it went through Courtios's legs but again its calculated and has little to do with luck... just brilliant finishing. I can count 100 times in the champions league Messi has made the keeper look bad. At some point you have to just congratulate a great player for being super super super good a top player.

Spurs are a good team collectively. On top of that, they have a bunch of great players. Like Harry Kane. You know, the guy who scored more goals in the 2017 calender year than anyone else. I agree that they have a loser mentality historically speaking, which might be why they lost in the end. I don't see Barcelona being comfortable in a similar position though, regardless of defensive record. Elimination games are always big games. And it's not like they're notorious historically for their great defensive play in these games regardless of experience.

Spurs are a good team but hardly elite there's not a single player for them that would start for Barca. ZERO.

Barca aren't defensively amazing in the same sense as Juve usually are but they definitely better than Spurs. In recent history I have never seen them choke away a game like that.

About 2009, i don't really think there's too much to go into. Unless you're absolutely deluded (showing signs of it tbf), you already know.

2009 is pretty much the poster child of seeing only the calls against the losing team. Barca would never have been knocked out by Inter in 2010 if the ref called it right in both legs. I don't see anyone bitching about that... really that 09 game takes the cake in terms of players making idiots of themselves fans too. Ballack still crying even after Chelsea got their revenge and won a champions league is pathetic. But you know, its typical. Same old story really.

Most non-Barca fans (i barely even see their own fans denying it) considers that game as one of the biggest disgraces in football history. When people are talking about "bad refereereing performances" and "UEFALONA", that exact game are usually the one they bring up first because everyone knows about that one. It's one of the games that made people truly despise Barcelona. There's also plenty of reasons to scream "CONSPIRACY" about that game because there's a lot of things that backs that theory up.

See above and the only disgrace is Ballack and his lot. Hilarious bringing Uefalona into this as if it has any merit. When you can count just as much bad calls for barca as they had against over the years. Similar to most other teams.

Like the fact that Ronaldo and Messi (the players that were considered the worlds 2 best) played for the 2 prefered Final teams.
Like the fact that the best team in Spain (1st in the league) could face the best team in England (1st in the league). Finally you could get to see which "league is the more superior".
Like the fact that Chelsea had already played United the year before in the UCL Final (which they lost). Most neutrals didn't want a repeat of that.
Like the fact that 2 historically rich team could face each other, instead of a team who only had recent success (by playing "cynical" football).
Not to mention the global interest in a match between Barcelona and United would be much greater than a match between Chelsea and United or whoever else.

LOL man you start off ridiculous and end up going full Edo.

You will probably just laugh all of this off because you have no shame and because that's the easiest thing to do (conspiracies are always stupid even when they're legit, right?). But anyone can clearly see that there's substance here, and anyone who doesn't see it is an absolute fool. Not expecting anything from you though. You will continue repping the Barcelona fanbase in the worst possible way.

Nah,, the easiest thing to do to is blame the ref when your team lacks the quality to put the ball into the net.

Last edited:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I'm sorry high horse? Nah, that's your Ballack and most of the EPL supporters here who jump up and down to claim their league is miles miles ahead. As if they live in an alternate universe. Chelsea at no point looked like scoring giving them a penalty wouldn't have changed anything. Barca can close out games... You have team that's been through it all no panic in them.

No, they did once. When Kante had the ball on his left foot and decided that he really didn't know what to do with it even though he was extremely near to the net.

The conspiracy theories, LOL. If there were conspiracies RM wouldn't have been smashed all those years in a row during that era and they would have been there every year. Instead Bayern and Liverpool had their way with them like the trash they were.

Eternalize

Nov 8, 2013
Sweden

WOW only 2 players played well for barca and yet, they walked away with a 4-1 on aggregate imagine if they actually played well? I've said it numerous NUMEROUS times that barca are pretenders here they are playing above what the squad should play like in relation to the league. Chelsea just sucks and away from home it wasn't even close.

Basically all of their goals came of Chelsea mistakes that were unforced errors? Hmm high pressure doesn't exist in your world I guess. The only error was Courtios on the first goal everything else was engineered by barca's talent. High pressure causes Christenson to play a loose ball ( a trademark of barca's style) boom Messi capitalizes. Dembele's goal cause by Messi pressuring Cesc and out working him. Combine that with his class to beat 2 defenders that's not errors by Chelsea players that's them getting beat by the greatest player. 3rd goal again beating the Chelsea defenders out wide to get a chance on goal and finishing it off. It may look bad it went through Courtios's legs but again its calculated and has little to do with luck... just brilliant finishing. I can count 100 times in the champions league Messi has made the keeper look bad. At some point you have to just congratulate a great player for being super super super good a top player.

Spurs are a good team but hardly elite there's not a single player for them that would start for Barca. ZERO.

Barca aren't defensively amazing in the same sense as Juve usually are but they definitely better than Spurs. In recent history I have never seen them choke away a game like that.

2009 is pretty much the poster child of seeing only the calls against the losing team. Barca would never have been knocked out by Inter in 2010 if the ref called it right in both legs. I don't see anyone *****ing about that... really that 09 game takes the cake in terms of players making idiots of themselves fans too. Ballack still crying even after Chelsea got their revenge and won a champions league is pathetic. But you know, its typical. Same old story really.

See above and the only disgrace is Ballack and his lot. Hilarious bringing Uefalona into this as if it has any merit. When you can count just as much bad calls for barca as they had against over the years. Similar to most other teams.

LOL man you start off ridiculous and end up going full Edo.

Nah,, the easiest thing to do to is blame the ref when your team lacks the quality to put the ball into the net.
I would say that Premier League as a league is superior yes. The quality of the top teams haven't been as good as La Ligas the last couple of years, but the depth of teams are better.

Because of unnecessary individual mistakes yes. Yeah sorry if have never bothered following your opinions around here, but it's not like i feel like i missed anything.

You call that high pressure? Lol! Have you seen City, Napoli or Liverpool for instance? That's high pressure. You saying that you actually put Christensen in the spot to fail just proves how delusional you're. There was no pressure whatsoever, but you also seems to like living in the so called alternate universe that you also doesn't seem to like somehow.

Yes Messi did force Fabregas to the error, but Fabregas is holding onto the ball WAY TOO LONG even though he KNOWS that Messi is there. Fabregas not moving the ball nor moving his feet is the story of the season for him. He's doing it again and again game after game and even though he's getting robbed numerous time, he doesn't learn. It's not good enough. There's no way Barcelona deserves more credit for that goal than Fabregas deserves blame. There's no reason to even talk about what happened after his mistake? Although you do like making it sound more spectacular than it actually was.

The fact that Courtois let's in yet another goal between the legs (in a position where there wasn't too many other options) after already having conceded a similar one isn't good. Yes it's not as bad as the 1st one, but he's supposed to be one of the best goalkeepers in the world and he got beaten way too easily there. Hardly unstoppable.

Harry Kane easily starts for Barca. After that there's a bunch of debatable ones. I would take Alderweireld over Pique. Eriksen is a great player and could probably take a spot as well.

Can you blame Ballack though? Yes Chelsea got their revenge, but he himself was never a part of it. He never won any CL, but he was close.

Loved the fact that you couldn't even dismiss those facts.

Not sure if you're talking about the game that was just played or the game 6 years ago. But tell that to all the millions of people with no relation to the teams who saw the game for what it was, and still remembers that game to this very day. Don't give 2 shits what happened against Inter frankly, and im not going to get into it.

Eternalize

Nov 8, 2013
Sweden
No, they did once. When Kante had the ball on his left foot and decided that he really didn't know what to do with it even though he was extremely near to the net.

The conspiracy theories, LOL. If there were conspiracies RM wouldn't have been smashed all those years in a row during that era and they would have been there every year. Instead Bayern and Liverpool had their way with them like the trash they were.
Yeah because conspiracies in football has NEVER occurred before! It's not like any football association like FIFA have been involved in scandals before... OH WAIT! UEFA is pretty much the same shit. Imagine being so delusional to not think there's a possibility, especially after that referee performance. And you can only affect so much in a football game.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I would say that Premier League as a league is superior yes. The quality of the top teams haven't been as good as La Ligas the last couple of years, but the depth of teams are better.

Because of unnecessary individual mistakes yes. Yeah sorry if have never bothered following your opinions around here, but it's not like i feel like i missed anything.

You call that high pressure? Lol! Have you seen City, Napoli or Liverpool for instance? That's high pressure. You saying that you actually put Christensen in the spot to fail just proves how delusional you're. There was no pressure whatsoever, but you also seems to like living in the so called alternate universe that you also doesn't seem to like somehow.

How much football do you know? That's literally the whole point. When Christensen makes the pass, there are six Barcelona players in the final third even though Chelsea has the ball. One was running at him and another was closing a potential passing lane. THAT'S THE POINT OF PRESSURE. If Christensen and Chelsea has the quality to break through that pressure they have a great chance of creating a scoring chance.

Harry Kane easily starts for Barca. After that there's a bunch of debatable ones. I would take Alderweireld over Pique. Eriksen is a great player and could probably take a spot as well.

Well that just answers my question above. None of what you said is true except the part about Eriksen being a great player, but he wouldn't get in the team over Iniesta or Coutinho.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Yeah because conspiracies in football has NEVER occurred before! It's not like any football association like FIFA have been involved in scandals before... OH WAIT! UEFA is pretty much the same ****. Imagine being so delusional to not think there's a possibility, especially after that referee performance. And you can only affect so much in a football game.

Nothing about that was a conspiracy. The referee missed a big call against Chelsea and a big call against Barcelona in that game people like to claim was fixed. Yet only one of those calls is ever remembered. When Abidal got sent off for tangled legs which was totally ridiculous, I don't remember anyone complaining about that. I mean what a conspiracy, he sent the Barcelona player off. Big conspiracy there to send off Abidal when Barcelona were already down by a goal.

Eternalize

Nov 8, 2013
Sweden
How much football do you know? That's literally the whole point. When Christensen makes the pass, there are six Barcelona players in the final third even though Chelsea has the ball. One was running at him and another was closing a potential passing lane. THAT'S THE POINT OF PRESSURE. If Christensen and Chelsea has the quality to break through that pressure they have a great chance of creating a scoring chance.

Well that just answers my question above. None of what you said is true except the part about Eriksen being a great player, but he wouldn't get in the team over Iniesta or Coutinho.
Buddy im pretty sure i know more football than you do if you actually think that wasn't brutal from Christensen and all because of Barca. You probably think Salah is top5 in the Prem as well. Kane easily takes Suarez place. Coutinho and Iniesta isn't a level above Eriksen.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Buddy im pretty sure i know more football than you do if you actually think that wasn't brutal from Christensen and all because of Barca. You probably think Salah is top5 in the Prem as well. Kane easily takes Suarez place. Coutinho and Iniesta isn't a level above Eriksen.

Yes, it was brutal on Christensen's part, but it came from pressure. If there was no pressure nobody's there to get the ball in the first place and Christensen has tons of time to make whatever pass he wants. Kane over Suarez, you just need to look at the World Cup "buddy". Or the part when Suarez plays Messi in to score yesterday two times and runs Rudiger completely out of position for the second goal. If people want to know why Chelsea lost they need to watch that second goal a few times. The situation is not necessarily easy to defend, but Suarez looks back over his shoulder and sees Dembele running to the back post, then immediately takes a near post run and Chelsea's entire defense/midfield follows Suarez towards the near post. I don't usually waste my time with these kinds of comments so I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:

Eternalize

Nov 8, 2013
Sweden
Nothing about that was a conspiracy. The referee missed a big call against Chelsea and a big call against Barcelona in that game people like to claim was fixed. Yet only one of those calls is ever remembered. When Abidal got sent off for tangled legs which was totally ridiculous, I don't remember anyone complaining about that. I mean what a conspiracy, he sent the Barcelona player off. Big conspiracy there to send off Abidal when Barcelona were already down by a goal.
What are you even talking about? One big call? Did you guys in USA even have tellies airing football games in 2009? The only play people who defend 2009 is the Abidal one in the first leg, a separate game. That's it. Chelsea had probably AT LEAST 3 blatant penalties in the 2nd one, and yes they were actually blatant. Again, there's plenty of reasons to believe in conspiracies that year, and plenty of people do. You're delusional if you think the points i made for it are invalid. And instead of debunking those, you just laugh them off like a fool. Honestly didn't expect anything else from you lot.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
West Germany-France and South Korea-Italy to me. Nothing really compares to those.
In NT yes, but keep in mind the Barca/PSG game wasn't a single mistake. It was all 90 minutes. The easy calls like the Di Maria penalty and Pique red card weren't called, but also the small fouls throughout the game.

Germany France 82 is all about one incident.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
What are you even talking about? One big call? Did you guys in USA even have tellies airing football games in 2009? The only play people who defend 2009 is the Abidal one in the first leg, a separate game. That's it. Chelsea had probably AT LEAST 3 blatant penalties in the 2nd one, and yes they were actually blatant. Again, there's plenty of reasons to believe in conspiracies that year, and plenty of people do. You're delusional if you think the points i made for it are invalid. And instead of debunking those, you just laugh them off like a fool. Honestly didn't expect anything else from you lot.

Been posting here since 2006 before you get into that. You really don't know anything I'm sorry. Abidal should never have been sent off in that game and your talks of conspiracy shows how uninformed/delusional you are. If there was a conspiracy he never would have been sent off.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
If you think all 3 were blatant, you're basically the only one with Ballack, Terry, Mourinho and Drogba. Not a good company.
I'd say Chelsea might have got a call if they didn't bump the ref all game long for ridiculous handballs that weren't there.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Another thing about that game was that Hiddink lost it by removing Drogba for Belletti when Barcelona were down to 10 men. I have absolutely no sympathy there. That was one of the worst substitutions in history and they clearly needed to score again.

Eternalize

Nov 8, 2013
Sweden
Been posting here since 2006 before you get into that. You really don't know anything I'm sorry. Abidal should never have been sent off in that game and your talks of conspiracy shows how uninformed/delusional you are. If there was a conspiracy he never would have been sent off.
It's hard to tell. I never even defended the decision to send Abidal off, but sure pretend like i did for your own sake. Only argument Barca fans can come up with as soon as somebody mentions that one, and it occurred in the 1st leg and not the deciding one when things could have changed. Im obviously more informed than you're, you can't even debunk plenty of legit points about why there's a conspiracy. It's only ridiculous because it's a conspiracy and conspiracies aren't real and are "never" real. You're even saying Suarez over Kane based on old merits with your World Cup talk LOL... and the fact he played for Liverpool probably...

Eternalize

Nov 8, 2013
Sweden
If you think all 3 were blatant, you're basically the only one with Ballack, Terry, Mourinho and Drogba. Not a good company.
I'd say Chelsea might have got a call if they didn't bump the ref all game long for ridiculous handballs that weren't there.
There's no point in even answering this. Go watch any highlight reel of all the penalty situations in that game. Like are you seriously saying that im the only saying that they could have had 3 pens? Like are you kidding me? Ask ANYONE about that gane and they will tell you the same.
Funny you mention that regarding bumping the ref, since Barcelona are amongst the absolute worst at this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad