CL Round of 16----matches begin today

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
LOL. If that were a Barca player going down in the box like that would've been called the worst dive in history. And people actually had the brains to call out Messi when he was fouled by Rudiger. You have to be blind or ignorant to think the refs did us a favor. Ref let numerous fouls go.

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Just seeing that it was Ballack too. On top of being an overrated player of the guys a complete idiot. Thank God we got Deco over him back in the day.

Reactions: AdamParrot

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
The third goal is probably the angriest I've been watching this team in a long while.

3-0 was an unfair result based on the balance of play in this game, and 4-1 an unfair result based on the balance of the tie. But those gaffes leave us with no one to blame but ourselves.
yep. what happened to that Chelsea that beat atletico 2-1? I miss that team.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
I don't think it has anything to do with Chelsea's players. It is 100% due to Messi.
combination of the two. messi converted everything our team gave him. our team would get into great positions and hit the post, or umtiti would stop everything

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
LOL. If that were a Barca player going down in the box like that would've been called the worst dive in history. And people actually had the brains to call out Messi when he was fouled by Rudiger. You have to be blind or ignorant to think the refs did us a favor. Ref let numerous fouls go.
The messi on rudiger incident was a foul.

He embellished it.

Really not sure what nonsense you're rambling on about.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Les Habs bitching about the ref letting numerous fouls go in a game his team won 3-0? Yep, seems about right.

Direct quotes from all the Chelsea fans in this thread: it's unfair to blame the refs. Also don't even try to pretend that if the situation was reversed you wouldn't be losing your goddamn mind about the refs rigging a game against Barca.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Les Habs *****ing about the ref letting numerous fouls go in a game his team won 3-0? Yep, seems about right.

Direct quotes from all the Chelsea fans in this thread: it's unfair to blame the refs. Also don't even try to pretend that if the situation was reversed you wouldn't be losing your goddamn mind about the refs rigging a game against Barca.
yeah, I don't know what is going on here. we are aware that we were outclassed and that penalty call was hard to see from referee perspective. I thought it was a dive until I saw replay.

some people aren't humble and like to run their mouth lol
LOL. Real meeting of the Chav minds going on here. Clueless as ever.

You're actually the smartest person on this board, none of us should bother posting anymore.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
yeah, I don't know what is going on here. we are aware that we were outclassed and that penalty call was hard to see from referee perspective. I thought it was a dive until I saw replay.

some people aren't humble and like to run their mouth lol

You're actually the smartest person on this board, none of us should bother posting anymore.

Yeah, you do like to run your mouth. You said Messi dove when he was fouled and yet when Alonso embellished, rather ridiculously I might add, you cried foul.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Yeah, you do like to run your mouth. You said Messi dove when he was fouled and yet when Alonso embellished, rather ridiculously I might add, you cried foul.
Why do you make up this crap? Are we really going to argue the semantics of a dive vs embellishment? I've said numerous times that he was fouled. Do you want me to quote it?

Also, would you be able to quote where I cried foul on the Alonso incident. Or do you want me to quote where Ive said how I understand it wasn't called as it was tough to see on first view.

Are you purposely this ignorant? Do you like making up arguments just to argue? Napoleon Complex?

Like I just don't get you.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Why do you make up this crap? Are we really going to argue the semantics of a dive vs embellishment? I've said numerous times that he was fouled. Do you want me to quote it?

Also, would you be able to quote where I cried foul on the Alonso incident. Or do you want me to quote where Ive said how I understand it wasn't called as it was tough to see on first view.

Are you purposely this ignorant? Do you like making up arguments just to argue? Napoleon Complex?

Like I just don't get you.

Facts are you claimed Messi dove. Then when someone said the same about Alonso you asked if he was blind. Facts.

LOL. I didn't even refer to you whatsoever and you started at me. You attributed my comments, where I quoted no one and only really mentioned Ballack, to you. Only Napolean complexes are you and @Wee Baby Seamus. Fortunately for you he really went off the deep end.

Forget it this guy is a complete joke.

You're one of the biggest jokes around here by a long ways and everybody knows it.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
you need some sort of help lol, cheers and good game

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Agreed. Chelsea played better than their prior form suggested and better than a lot of people thought they would. Still that squad needs some work. I wouldn't offload a lot of players but rather bring a top player in three positions. Of course they need to address the position of the manager, but Lucho isn't the right answer.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Agreed. Chelsea played better than their prior form suggested and better than a lot of people thought they would. Still that squad needs some work. I wouldn't offload a lot of players but rather bring a top player in three positions. Of course they need to address the position of the manager, but Lucho isn't the right answer.

Agreed. Conte is definitely leaving, and I really don't want Enrique to replace him. Current hope is Laurent Blanc.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Chelsea fans must've been hitting the sauce after the first 20 minutes. I mean its pretty clear that they accuse Messi of diving yet wanted a penalty that wouldn't have changed single thing in the outcome of the game. I guess holding your hat on not getting shutout at the camp nou is something.

Also I love that tweet from Ballack... typical of his whiny bitchy self. Must be a descent of Spain. f*** him, him running around like a f***ing loser is the best part of 2009. What a clown.

Reactions: les Habs

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Note, I didn’t say he dived, I said he went down awful easy with minimal contact and rolled around.

It’s not an unusual event. To act like it is isn’t telling the truth. He does get fouled a lot as most stars do. But he also makes the most of them too. As most stars do.

I don’t blame him, but a heel touch or on the side of the boot wasn’t worth rolling around on the ground clutching his face.

But that wasn’t why Chelsea lost. They lost because the best player on the pitch played like it and they couldn’t deal with it.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Couldn't say. I don't see enough of Chelsea.
Oh Hazard does, Drogba was among the most notorious and Costa did up until they sold him. But I would say it’s a bit more prevalent in La Liga because it’s rewarded by officiating. Liverpool has a few that will as well, so I’ll cut that conversation off before it goes there.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
Every league is ridden with diving. The only difference is the refereeing (sometimes).

Retroactive fines need to be taken more seriously as a punishment. It’s gross , and everyone’s team they support has players who do it.

Also, suck it Chelsea. Let Conte free.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad