GWT: CL Quarterfinal Build-up and Leg One

Jan 3, 2012
THE REFS DECISION WAS WRONG IF IT IS A 5050 BECAUSE THE REFS LITERALLY ALREADY JUST DECIDED TO DENY BVB A GOAL THE FIRST LEG

Like it's just ridiculous, City literally only ahead because of reffing.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Fierce competition among Liverpool attackers today to see which of them can be Real's best defender.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Firmino and Mane with a tribute to their seasons there with Firmino randomly firing into Mane's crotch.
I mean as much as Klopp is too loyal to his guys at times, who else on the bench (besides Diogo Jota) can score a goal in a game like this?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I mean as much as Klopp is too loyal to his guys at times, who else on the bench (besides Diogo Jota) can score a goal in a game like this?
Nobody.

We had all that success despite horrendous depth. Injuries and declines and have exposed it.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Nobody which explain LFC form.

But that is no excuse for how terrible Mane et Firmino have been.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
To be fair I think it' 50 50

Not on purpose by Can but his arm was out

Personally I wouldn't have given it, but I don't think the ref's decision was wrong either
Yeah tough either way but if I was a BVB fan, I’d be livid.

then again... City has been dominant and Foden just got another one.

Reactions: Power Man

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
My thought with the 50/50 calls is that if you put yourself in position for the referee to make a call, you can only complain so much.

There's no question that first leg should have had a different result due to the awful call on the Bellingham disallowed goal.

I don't think that you should let previous leg's officiating affect the current one though...

If there's a bunch of calls within one match where there's like 10 50/50s and the 50/50s go one way's team 8/10 times, then I think that's a valid reason to be annoyed but you can't let a previous game's officiating errors impact another leg..

Reactions: Power Man

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Waited way too long for these subs.

they were both dreadful. Would have rather had the fresh legs

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Can't say we didn't have chances today.

Nobody could have realistically expected us to win the Champions League with the players we're missing. I just wanted us to have a decent showing and I can't say I'm disgusted or discouraged by the performance in the knockout rounds.

We need to address our lack of depth. I'm not even talking about CB (although we should get one) because nobody can plan for literally *every* CB having a season-ending injury, plus two of the guys filling in to go down at points.

Up front is where it really showed. Mane and Firmino should have spent most of this season in warmup vests but who's coming in?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad