GWT: CL Quarterfinal Build-up and Leg One

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
It also bears mentioning that if TAA didn't f*** up in the first leg, Liverpool would be through right now on a 1-1. RM showed very little going forward here. It's hard to be too pissed about this game. They fought hard in the first half especially and just couldn't finish. The first set of subs also kind of ruined the game. They lost what tactics they had at that point and were running aimlessly afterward. Klopp got the starting lineup right despite my initial concerns.

Reactions: Machinehead

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Not saying the rumours are true but *IF* a team was using PEDs, and then suddenly weren't able to post COVID due to regular testing, I reckon the difference would look a lot like Liverpool 19/20 to 20/21 Liverpool.
Bruh...

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Not saying the rumours are true but *IF* a team was using PEDs, and then suddenly weren't able to post COVID due to regular testing, I reckon the difference would look a lot like Liverpool 19/20 to 20/21 Liverpool.

all teams use PEDs.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
I didnt say he was elite today or had the game of his life. I just said he should probably start in the euros. He worked his ass off today, had the GWG last game and a crucial goal today.
Whether or not Foden starts at the Euros depends on the opponent, I reckon. Against opposition where you can afford to have both him and Mount in midfield with just the one anchor (presumably Rice), I think he does. But against tougher teams where England aren't gonna dominate possession, Southgate will likely sacrifice him for more of a defensive option (Henderson if healthy, and I'd reckon Ward Prowse if he's not).

Foden is already extremely good, but he's still - to me, at least - very raw. He very very possibly will end up as the best English player of this generation, but I think he still has some refining to do

Reactions: Duchene2MacKinnon

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
With Neymar and Mbappe up front I really think PSG should have a great chance of winning.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
So I checked because of the multiple changes of the rules.
If a ball touches another part of the body directly before the handball, it is not a handball. So City's penalty yesterday wasn't a penalty. At that point, BVB lead 1-0.
In the first leg, Bellingham's goal was amazingly called off for nothing.
So it should have been 2-2 in the first leg, at worst for BVB.
Which means that without the penalty, City would have had to score two goals yesterday.

Scandalous reffing again. And a blatant reffing mistake in each leg. Just like Mbappe's offside against Bayern, the ref didn't even apply THE RULE.

Reactions: Power Man and AB13

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
Whether or not Foden starts at the Euros depends on the opponent, I reckon. Against opposition where you can afford to have both him and Mount in midfield with just the one anchor (presumably Rice), I think he does. But against tougher teams where England aren't gonna dominate possession, Southgate will likely sacrifice him for more of a defensive option (Henderson if healthy, and I'd reckon Ward Prowse if he's not).

Foden is already extremely good, but he's still - to me, at least - very raw. He very very possibly will end up as the best English player of this generation, but I think he still has some refining to do

If Foden starts it will probably be on the wing, going on recent games. Phillips has been playing in Henderson's place. In the future though:

Foden Bellingham
Rice

Or Mount Bellingham and Foden wide.​

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma

He's the best english player since ages, how do you leave him out?

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Foden has to start in the Euros. He is already better than any English player besides Kane.

Henderson

Walker/Trent - Stones - Maguire - Shaw

Rice - Henderson ( if fit, otherwise Bellingham)

Sancho - Foden - Grealish

Kane

Sterling or Saka over Sancho and maybe Rashford over Grealish depending on the game. Generally though, this is their best team.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
So I checked because of the multiple changes of the rules.
If a ball touches another part of the body directly before the handball, it is not a handball. So City's penalty yesterday wasn't a penalty. At that point, BVB lead 1-0.
In the first leg, Bellingham's goal was amazingly called off for nothing.
So it should have been 2-2 in the first leg, at worst for BVB.
Which means that without the penalty, City would have had to score two goals yesterday.

Scandalous reffing again. And a blatant reffing mistake in each leg. Just like Mbappe's offside against Bayern, the ref didn't even apply THE RULE.

I wasn’t able to watch, so I can’t comment on the play itself, but yes if it’s a defected ball from close (either off you or someone else) it’s not supposed to be a handball.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00