CL Matchweek 3

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Also what you are saying isn't even true. Aubameyang scored more non-penalty goals and had more assists at 22 and 23 than Lacazette did in L1.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Really isn't true?

YOU of ALL PEOPLE have ALWAYS said here to EVERYONE that penalties are goals like others. :laugh:

Since he's been played at striker, Lacazette has 91 goals and 14 assists in 131 L1 games over 4 seasons.
Auba has 41 goals and 17 assists in 120 L1 games at striker over the same 4 seasons.

So tell me.. Please tell me again how what I'm saying isn't true.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He's better than all except Reus.

Again, the only fair comparison stats wise are between their seasons in the same league. Ass whopping. Auba is in the right situation. Everyone acknowledges it and that's why big teams didn't pay 80M for a 30M scorer (while spending similar cash on players not producing that much).
Really, that tells the whole story.

That isn't a fair comparison for where they are right now when Auba went through so much growth outside of france. Yes Lacazette has had a more impressive career up to a certain age, but Aubamayeng isn't the same player he was in france so comparing that player to Lacazette is disingenuous. I know it's crazy to say that a player may have improved outside of the mighty french developmental system, but just this once, it may have happened...

And Lacazette doesn't touch Weigl or Dahoud, both are far more influential on the pitch.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
You're just trying to convince yourself at this point. Auba was progressing, he has been all his career, he was so awful in his first years.
But he didn't grow into a 30 goal scoring talent. He fits well at BVB, but again, that's exactly why no big team looking for a 30 goals scorer (and there are plenty) make a move for him. Even if he made sure everyone knew he wanted to leave.
He's not a 30 goal scorer on any other big team in any other big league.
I have my own doubts abotu Lacazette, I've stated it many times, but he's still clearly better than Auba and tbh, it's not even close in terms of talent.
Auba's numbers are skewed by his situation.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He did grow tremendously under Tuchel, I know it's hard to believe, but we saw it with Schmelzer & Mkhitaryan to. Tuchel was able to get these guys in their mid 20s to progress immensely not just mentally, but technically as well. They evolved into a new caliber of player than they had shown the potential to be before. And that has persisted even longer than Tuchel himself has survived Watzke's ire.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
BVB usual overrating. Nothing new on this board. Hipster team
and all that.
They're good, but they're not that good.
It was stated here that they're more talented on paper than Arsenal.
Sanchez alone is more talented than any player they have.
Ozil too.
When two posters say BVB is on the same level as or worse than Milan and Zenit, and one poster says BVB is better than both of those teams and Arsenal, clearly the board-wide issue is a bias toward BVB. No surprise you’d weigh in on the “BVB is overrated” side though.

Lacazette better than the entire BVB team except Reus? Lol. I can see a case vs Auba but it makes no sense to compare him to any other position, and I strongly disagree that he contributes more to the end result anyway.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Roma... A team that finished 2nd in Italy in front of Napoli.
BVB, 3rd in Bundesliga behind RBL.

And yet no team could come close to BVB in EL :D

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
When two posters say BVB is on the same level as or worse than Milan and Zenit, and one poster says BVB is better than both of those teams and Arsenal, clearly the board-wide issue is a bias toward BVB. No surprise you’d weigh in on the “BVB is overrated” side though.

Lacazette better than the entire BVB team except Reus? Lol. I can see a case vs Auba but it makes no sense to compare him to any other position, and I strongly disagree that he contributes more to the end result anyway.
Disagree with Zenith and co argument. I didn't make it. Doesn't make the BVB roster>Arsenal roster any right.
As for comparing different position I agree, but that's not me who did it. I merely responded.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
After se queda, Pique is going to be a meme again... :D
Handballs a goal, celebrates like he had scored the WC winning goal, gets yellow carded for his hand, except it was his second yellow and he thus got ejected :D

Hilarious !

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Juve might have trouble qualifying again.
With decent reffing and without a miracle save by Buffon, they would have been eliminated by Lyon last year in the group stage.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
And yet no team could come close to BVB in EL :D

Which isn't to say they couldn't beat those top three in the knockouts, but Napoli, Athletico & Dortmund are higher level teams than that other lot.

Why do you do stuff like this? It makes it so much harder to take you seriously when you so blatantly just make up strawmen as they fit your argument and refuse to accept anything that doesn't fit neatly in your area of expertise?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Why do you do stuff like this? It makes it so much harder to take you seriously when you so blatantly just make up strawmen as they fit your argument and refuse to accept anything that doesn't fit neatly in your area of expertise?
Really?
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/cl-matchweek-3.2398609/page-7#post-136834929
"Dortmund would easily be the best team in the EL and Bosz knows how to navigate that. If they go to EL, they are the favorite."

Why don't you simply follow the conversation instead of talking me down?

Strawmen? Fit my argument? Don't accept anything, blah, blah, blah?
Read first, then think.

Apologies accepted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad