CL Matchweek 3

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
PSG has 3 games, 3 wins, 12 goals scored, 0 goal against.

Meanwhile Juup has two convincing wins in two games. Magic could be on for Bayern :D

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Anderlecht are down 4-0 to PSG yet they have equal possession and the same amount of attempts on goal. PSG have been meh tonight, it's basically just the big three providing a spark every now and then.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Anderlecht are down 4-0 to PSG yet they have equal possession and the same amount of attempts on goal. PSG have been meh tonight, it's basically just the big three providing a spark every now and then.
Yeah PSG wasn't good, and I liked Anderlecht attacking rather than parking the bus. But the talent of the front 3 is too insane (even though Neymar wasn't good, and Mbappe missed too much).

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Excuse me, but you quoted a post where I quoted nobody and talked about Roma.

So yeah, wrong again.

Ah, my b, followed an alert that you had quoted me to this thread and was paying more attention to Oberlin's attempts to keep ZSKA in the match.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Mbappe first player in history to score 8 CL goals before his 20 birthday.
Of course, he still has more than a year to make the record unbeatable.
Messi had 7, Kluivert 6, Raul and Martins had 3.

Mar 1, 2002
I know it's just 1/2 way through and Spurs have to be thrilled to be tied at the top of their group, but looking ahead they REALLY need to win the group.

That's assuming the PL continue to lead 4 other groups. If I am reading that right, that means if Spurs finish 2nd, they could only face the winners of B, D and G. PSG, Barca and Betsiktas. That's a 67% chance of having a REALLY hard time getting to the quarters.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Really isn't true?

YOU of ALL PEOPLE have ALWAYS said here to EVERYONE that penalties are goals like others. :laugh:

I haven't said exactly that. I do think scoring penalties is a skill, but that doesn't mean that you can't look at other things when comparing players.

So tell me.. Please tell me again how what I'm saying isn't true.

I already told you. At 22 and 23 Aubameyang had more non penalty goals + assists than Lacazette did at the same age in L1, on a worse team.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
How then what I SAID wasn't true?

:dunno:
You said what I said wasn't true. How wasn't it true?
Double the goals and as many assists in almost the same number of games over 4 years. LOL.

Last edited:

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Embarrassing game by CSKA. Not surprising though, the team hasn’t bought a new player in 2 years having built a new stadium. It’s rather a miracle they got into the CL and made it to the group stage

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Worst of all is the starting 11 that Goncharenko put out yesterday. That was the game you needed to win at home vs. Basel and he came out like that?
That game was like a very bad Europa game between two "small" teams.

After what Spartak dit the day before this is a disgrace and I'm sure Zenit-Rosenborg will be a much much better game today.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Worst of all is the starting 11 that Goncharenko put out yesterday. That was the game you needed to win at home vs. Basel and he came out like that?
That game was like a very bad Europa game between two "small" teams.

After what Spartak dit the day before this is a disgrace and I'm sure Zenit-Rosenborg will be a much much better game today.

*shrug* I thought it was a pretty enjoyable match as a neutral who was only interested in see some young talents from both sides. Dzagoev's absence was palpable for ZSKA, but Basel worked very hard against the ball to stay compact and keep the teeth out of the russian possession.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
That's the problem CSKA didn't have the midfield to keep possession. Milanov is totally useless they should have started Natkho, this team is incredibly dependent on Dzagoev at the moment.

Basel worked hard but CSKA made it so easy for them.

Reactions: cgf

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->