GWT: CL Matchweek 2

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
A reason to hate Wenger even more.
I mean, Wenger did so much for Arsenal it's a silly stance to take. I know they're not the quality that Chelsea has let go over the recent time yet (Lukaku, Salah, de Bruyne) but imagine what Arsenal could look like right now had they not let go of Gnabry, Bennacer, Malen and Reine-Adelaide. All of them look the goods.

Reactions: bluesfan94

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke: “Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, who plays great at Arsenal, will probably be warm-hearted when he looks at his bank account, but on Wednesdays, will be saddened when he has to watch the Champions League on television.”

vuONqfJ.jpg

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
This Bayern team is younger, faster, healthier and deeper than the one Liverpool faced last season.

Lucas, Pavard, Coutinho, Perisic are all quality players - with Lucas and Pavard absurdly versatile so you don't have to carry around 4 unhappy CBs (and Javi can play there).

They also have a healthy Tolisso now and so far Koman's been healthy as well.
And a healthy Neuer.

Last year seemed to be a transitional year for them and they still got won the domestic double, even thought they never really looked in it against Liverpool.

This year though, they seem to have their mojo back, Kovac has 2 systems that seem to work and they look a genuine contender again.

I was comparing to the Bayern that were CL contenders and constantly made Arsenal their bitch.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I mean, Wenger did so much for Arsenal it's a silly stance to take. I know they're not the quality that Chelsea has let go over the recent time yet (Lukaku, Salah, de Bruyne) but imagine what Arsenal could look like right now had they not let go of Gnabry, Bennacer, Malen and Reine-Adelaide. All of them look the goods.

Gnabry and Malen wanted to leave. Only one that I think was let go was Bennacer.

Reine-Adelaide was let go by Emery.

Only one right now that is truly missed is Gnabry because none of the others would be starting.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Gnabry and Malen wanted to leave. Only one that I think was let go was Bennacer.

Reine-Adelaide was let go by Emery.

Only one right now that is truly missed is Gnabry because none of the others would be starting.
I think Gnabry, Bennacer and Reine-Adelaide would all start for Arsenal. Malen I could see rotating, or even starting since Lacazette is injured.

A midfield 3 of Bennacer, RA and Torreira would be great. Of course this assumes that Xhaka would actually get benched (lol).

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I think Gnabry, Bennacer and Reine-Adelaide would all start for Arsenal. Malen I could see rotating, or even starting since Lacazette is injured.

A midfield 3 of Bennacer, RA and Torreira would be great. Of course this assumes that Xhaka would actually get benched (lol).
I don't think RA is better than Willock or Guendouzi.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Favre has found a new way to bench Goetze. Now he’s going to play Brandt as the false nine.

Very creative. I guess scoring in his first start of the season and being the best player on the field isn’t enough to retain a place in this guy’s lineup.

The fact that this is even something that is being discussed is so pathetic. No wonder he doesn’t want to extend his contract.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Hakimi is very underrated. His play dropped off late last season and he had some crucial defensive errors in important games, but he’s usually an excellent offensive fullback and probably our best fullback by a good margin.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
If you need to know how he’s doing in training, there’s your answer.
This highlights the issues with the USMNT to an extent. Pulisic should be given time to adjust, but he's being beaten out by a guy that was in the Championship last year, a guy that just returned from a major injury, and 2 older vets. I honestly don't see him getting ahead of Mount and Hudson-Odoi.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Willian is the equivalent to Tyler Motte

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
If you need to know how he’s doing in training, there’s your answer.

Agreed. I’ve never played for Chelsea, so who am I to question Frank Lampard’s decisions?

Sports should work more like this. Unless you’ve been there and done that, you can’t give an opinion.

While we’re at it, we should also get rid of the concept of fans. They aren’t qualified to opine on these matters they haven’t partaken in themselves.

Reactions: Peen

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Agreed. I’ve never played for Chelsea, so who am I to question Frank Lampard’s decisions?

Sports should work more like this. Unless you’ve been there and done that, you can’t give an opinion.

While we’re at it, we should also get rid of the concept of fans. They aren’t qualified to opine on these matters they haven’t partaken in themselves.
That's a weird response.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

Here comes the irrationally big mad. He has to force himself into the team by doing well on the training ground. He obviously didn’t.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I’ve lost any respect I had for Lampard. I haven’t even liked Pulisic’s play so far this season. He’s capable of playing better, but I’m absolutely not going to stand for this slander. Not even fielding him is insane.

Pulisic has been more productive than literally all these options that have been playing over him for weeks. He’s better than these players. Pedro and Willian are not Chelsea quality. They’ve shown it for a few years now. The phenom Mount isn’t producing. It’s a great story that he came through the academy, but what does it matter if you don’t play well?

Lampard wants to play all these young players, except the American one. Mount, Abraham, Tomori, Hudson-Odoi, James. All British. The one who doesn’t ever play. American. And the one who doesn’t play is the proven best of them in their footballing careers so far, so he should start higher on the ladder. I have no respect for Lampard. He can be fired for all I care and I won’t feel an ounce bad for him.

I’m not even one of these big Pulisic fans compared to most Americans, but this is insane and past the point of giving Lampard any benefit of the doubt. Complete wanker. Pulisic is better than this. He was good last year at a better team than Chelsea.

Reactions: Cassano

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad