GWT: CL Matchweek 2

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I'm glad Marsch went to Europe. Our hope that we might develop an American coach that is worth a damn.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Are you telling me that David Wagner and Bob Bradley aren't good enough
Is Wagner all that American? I know technically he is, but I bet he identifies as German first. Bradley was probably viewed too negatively, but it's not like he'd come back as USMNT coach IMO.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Different times, so it is tough t co compare on that basis. The overall quality of the PL in England have never been higher. We just saw 2 all English finals in Europe. I would say Dortmund would be the 6th best team in England last year, behind Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal.

On a player to player basis, Pulisic wouldn't start on the top 6 teams. IMO. Maybe over Daniel James at Utd, but even then he's been one of Utd's best players this season.
James hasn't impressed on the right. Pulisic would definitely start for United imo (not that that's a high bar, beating out Pereira and Lingard...)

Stray Wasp

May 5, 2009
South east London
What I fail to understand is the lack of reinforcement by Tottenham, and say all you want about N'Dombele, his role is really only that of replacing Dembele, who left last winter. He's better, but that's not relevant because his role is to do what Dembele was doing. They've swapped one midfielder for another while adding Lo Celso and losing a right back. I don't think Sessegnon even played yet and he needs to be loaned out to begin with. The right back situation they have now is absolute **** compared to the one they had. I think they have a good team and that every manager has some weak form, but everyone very well knows the deficiencies of that team by now.

Of course you understand the lack of reinforcement by Tottenham. It was unnecessary because Daniel Levy is a genius.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Please tell me your joking
I think it’s kind of a silly comparison to begin with but I also think there are very few defenders in history that would be able to compete with Messi for the ballon d’or after the season he just had. van Dijk’s impact was pretty profound and he deserves all the plaudits he’s received given what he’s accomplished and how he’s performed at all levels over the last few years. Obviously he’s a little late to the party so he’ll have to keep it up for a long time but I don’t think there’s any overhyping going on.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Someone really dropped the ball here... CL is back where's the thread?

Anyway another snooze fest courtesy of Simeone

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad