GWT: CL Match Day 2

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
The Nazi references are in extremely poor taste so please stop.

I would love to get in this argument, but I didn't watch the game yesterday. All I saw was Kroos give the ball away (something which happens rather infrequently) and not do anything after giving the ball away (which always happens when he does give the ball away). It is the inability to run that is and always will be a massive problem for him.
Yeah, but neither of Ozil nor Draxler tracked back... so, blame them.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
I don't know what is most wrong about that statement, all points are pretty ridiculous.

But I'm gonna go with "got carried by Vidal".
Since, you know, they never played together.

Maybe I remember wrong, but did they play together at Leverkusen?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
They did. Two years.

Anyway, Neymar with two goals already. Verratti also with a spectacular tackle winning the ball inside the opponent 22 meters. Nice.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
43082438_10157292076552573_3125940978293145600_n.jpg

This is our best possible team right now (hopefully Milner bounces back, he's been pretty poor the last two games). Wijnaldum at the 6 and Keita/Milner in front of him makes for an actual balanced midfield that still has a high work-rate. I imagine we'll see Sturridge and Henderson at some point. It would be nice to get a big win without having to run our team into the ground today so we can be fresh for the City game.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Excited for this Napoli-Liverpool game. Hoping both teams come out gunning and the pace is quick.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Just watched Ajax - Bayern again. I felt Ajax might even have been the better side and was unlucky they didn't win. I payed special attention to de Ligt as I played CB myself and want to see how he holds up vs the elite strikers in the world, but the dude drove up his price tag by another 10M. He anchors the entire defense, is calm with the ball, even in crowded vulnerable positions, strong and confident defensively and wins every aerial battle. Lewandowski was nowhere to be found. The little errors are slowly fading away and becoming more rare as he is developing into what's potentially world's best CB. He's further in his development and already better than either Vermaelen, Sanches, Vertonghen and Alderweireld were for Ajax. Will be an interesting bidding war this summer. Might go as far as 70M, which is unheard of for an Eredivisie player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad