GWT: CL Match Day 2

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Pogba bereft of playmaking ability and offensive creativity :laugh:

Kroos created offense all right BTW. He created a goal for the opponent in a 1-0 loss. Congrats to him !

Reactions: gary69 and Gecklund

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Like I said before; Ajax has a serious squad this year. Ten Hag comes up with questionable line ups but each and every time it works. Didn’t think we would have the ball so much without Frenkie and with a rather slow and static midfield. With de Jong and Dolberg returning, Ajax might do even more damage in their group, though their lack of experience will do them in somewhere down the line, it’s a fun side and I bet they get a lot of support from the neutral fans.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Several months? Like in last july?

He wasn't playing for his employer then was he? Also, I watched every France match of that tournament. They certainly didn't win playing creative attacking football. I know in your head it's probably the best team ever by now, but they're probably the least appealing World Cup winner in several decades.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Like I said before; Ajax has a serious squad this year. Ten Hag comes up with questionable line ups but each and every time it works. Didn’t think we would have the ball so much without Frenkie and with a rather slow and static midfield. With de Jong and Dolberg returning, Ajax might do even more damage in their group, though their lack of experience will do them in somewhere down the line, it’s a fun side and I bet they get a lot of support from the neutral fans.
Ajax really need to get out of this group.

Nice win by CSKA in front of more than 71 000 fans, Russian football on a roll!

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
He wasn't playing for his employer then was he? Also, I watched every France match of that tournament. They certainly didn't win playing creative attacking football. I know in your head it's probably the best team ever by now, but they're probably the least appealing World Cup winner in several decades.

Did Pogba kick your dog or something?

Offensive creativity and playmaking is one of his biggest strengths.

Reactions: mmvvpp and Gecklund

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
:laugh:
Sour grapes taste great.
France scored the most amount of goals in the WC since Italy 82 or something.
And Pogba was certainly great both sides of the ball. Again, a million times better than Kroos who you rate "MUCH higher" than Gerrard.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
French teams have serious issues in CL this year
Not really. Not sure if you've followed, but PSG will qualify and Lyon leads a group of City/Shaktar/Hoffenheim, aka the group of death.
As for Monaco they're in relegation zone in L1. They'll be smacked in every game.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
We have the best CM in the world, let's play him way up where he never looked as good!
(I'm not talking about you). Yet we heard Modric would transform United, no matter where he'd play, no matter with whom, no matter under which coach. :sarcasm:

Fact is, regardless of the player, the situation, the coaching, the teammates, ALL matter in a player's performance.
Modric looked good on a team on a roll. He was key on that team, no doubt. But if he was to join a wrecked team like United, he'd suck too.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Depay brought a lot of life. Too bad he missed a sitter and made some awful (and selfish) plays.
And Tousard showing lots of leadership and the pressing in midfield was the key to turning that game around.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
And Pogba was certainly great both sides of the ball. Again, a million times better than Kroos who you rate "MUCH higher" than Gerrard.

Kroos is absolutely gassed after three straight years of winning the CL and starting nearly every match for club and country and it shows. Regardless of current form (where they're both ineffective), Pogba isn't fit to shine his boots.

What do you have against Kroos anyway?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad