GWT: CL Match Day 2

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Donetsk deservedly lead Lyon.
I forgot Lyon didn't have any fans for this game and it's showing. They're playing with zero passion. If they lose today, their win at City will mean nothing. Meanwhile a win would give them a fantastic upstart with a game against Basel as winnable to get 9 points after 3 games.

Basel aren't in the CL

I'm watching a bit of Bayern/Ajax and Utd/Valencia but both games are pretty meh so far. Ajax playing well, Bayern are disappointing. Valencia doing OK but Guedes needs to stop launching so many worthless long distance shots towards the United fans in the upper decks.

Reactions: Gecklund

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Great decision to loan Vlašić. Why are teams I like managed by morons?

Back in the day my parents always told me cheering for bad teams is character building...so i guess you got that, a lot of character....

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Consider it a humanitarian gesture on their part.

But seriously this is why they should stop switching these broadcasts around. It always seems to take a new broadcaster a year or two to get it done right.

TNT has the British girl who also does the Fox sports broadcasts, not sure why they didn't just take the entire Fox sports group and set up? Maybe not Lalas but Barton wasn't bad.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Basel aren't in the CL
Sorry, thought Hoffenheim and somehow wrote Basel.

Great goal by Shaktar. Game is pretty much over given the lack of passion shown by Lyon. 4 defensemen against 6 attackers on this goal. Ndombele was trotting back (and others didn't even fake running).
Complete travesty.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Football is a crazy game. Shaktar had an easy third goal, but completely missed it.
Lyon then scored two goals in two minutes and the game is tied... Incredible.

Reactions: robertmac43

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Guedes is so bad, if this guy was halfway decent Valencia would have 1 by now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad