TSN: CKGM Montreal AUDIO - Pierre McGuire warns Montreal fans the Bruins are loaded

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
that was the meszaros trade :thumbd:

I totally forgot they traded for him. He spent more time in the press box than on the ice. I wonder if we added up all the guys we traded middle round picks for, what the stats and time spent watching would be. It’s definitely not good.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I totally forgot they traded for him. He spent more time in the press box than on the ice. I wonder if we added up all the guys we traded middle round picks for, what the stats and time spent watching would be. It’s definitely not good.
Considering their ability to draft post 2013 logic is at least one blue chipper was squandered. They had a lot of picks- in 2015 & 2016 they could have had 5 firsts and 5 seconds

Firsts : Zboril, DeBrusk, Senyshyn, McAvoy, Frederic

Seconds: Carlo, JFK, Lauzon, Lindgren (traded second in Stempniak deal)

They also traded 2 thirds, a fourth, and a fifth

Just an absurd amount of picks

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Considering their ability to draft post 2013 logic is at least one blue chipper was squandered. They had a lot of picks- in 2015 & 2016 they could have had 5 firsts and 5 seconds

They also traded 2 thirds, a fourth, and a fifth

Just an absurd amount of picks

Agreed entirely. And I hated everyone of those moves. The only one I was okay with was Stafford just due to cost and close to being certain about making the playoffs. The rest were complete wastes.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Agreed entirely. And I hated everyone of those moves. The only one I was okay with was Stafford just due to cost and close to being certain about making the playoffs. The rest were complete wastes.
Pretty much agree

I hate giving up draft picks and a 2 alone should have been enough for Stempniak even though I hated even a 2 going. Including a 4 knowing this group led by Sweeney strength is amateur scouting

Also Liles for a 3 & 5 was ugh to me. A 3 seemed completely fair.

The reason I think they overpaid is because a 3 for Rinaldo was freaking horrible

Rinaldo should have cost a Duck Boat Tour and promise the Flyers executives an autographed Bobby Orr stick to go in their man cave

Stempniak 2
Liles 3
Rinaldo- autograph

Savings - 3,4,5 round picks and likely at least one really good player

Last edited:

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Pretty much agree

I hate giving up draft picks and a 2 alone should have been enough for Stempniak even though I hated even a 2 going. Including a 4 knowing this group led by Sweeney strength is amateur scouting

Also Liles for a 3 & 5 was ugh to me. A 3 seemed completely fair.

The reason I think they overpaid is because a 3 for Rinaldo was freaking horrible

Rinaldo should have cost a Duck Boat Tour and promise the Flyers executives an autographed Bobby Orr stick to go in their man cave

Stempniak 2
Liles 3
Rinaldo- autograph

Savings - 3,4,5 round picks and likely at least one really good player

Stempniak gave us 10 points in 19 games. Liles gave us 6 in 17. Rinaldo gave us zero except hurting the reputation of the franchise.

I'll even add in the Connolly trade. To give up 2 second round picks for a guy that was essentially only signed for one year, and had no history of success at the NHL level was craziness.

Imagine having another couple guys like Lauzon, JFK, Lingdren or even guys like Gabrielle, Fitzgerald, Cehlarik etc. Just tough to swallow how truly deep our prospect pool could've been. Even with all those trades, it's still very impressive the job that has been done by Sweeney and co.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad