TSN: CKGM Montreal AUDIO - Pierre McGuire warns Montreal fans the Bruins are loaded

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
If people who support the Donnie Danger youth movement are using Pierre "mr. Hyberpole" McGwire as there argument for how great the prosect pool is they may want to cool their jets and realize the source. Donato looks like a tweener and Sherman has softer Hal Gill written all over him.

I was wrong about Heinen so we will see. Sure would be nice if there was a tough forward or two on that much hyped prospect list instead of a bunch of non physical finesse players but Sweeney is a drafting genius (Matt Barzal sends his best)

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bob McKenzie said last year a scout told him the Bruins prospects were in the top 2 in the league. The other team I think was Arizona as this was before the 2017 draft the Flyers moved up to second pick.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Have to hand it to McGuire, he is great person to have around for us fans. I can't think of a more insightful guy who gives regular interviews. He is always right on top of things, a real professional.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Yeah , not sure how Pierre can make that statement about the Leafs being better ? What is he basing that on ? There head to head record the last couple of years ? Two points ahead but the Bruins have 3 games in hand ?

Yes , I took exception to that statement too. They may have a better attack but defensively they are not even close. They are giving up 40 shots against night after night. By the time the PO's roll around the goalie is going to be spent. He's playing out of his mind right now but not to sure that's going to last. They are fortunate the east sucks because otherwise I think they would be in danger heading forward.

He figures they finish ahead of the Bruins , I'm not so sure about that . I sure don't see how you can say that with the certainty that he does.

With that said, I listen every time he comes on.He is very well informed , somewhat of a name dropper (annoying) , but he's generally right with his predictions, though like anyone else he does come up with some dozzies . He's been tooting the Bruins horn since last year.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
If people who support the Donnie Danger youth movement are using Pierre "mr. Hyberpole" McGwire as there argument for how great the prosect pool is they may want to cool their jets and realize the source. Donato looks like a tweener and Sherman has softer Hal Gill written all over him.

I was wrong about Heinen so we will see. Sure would be nice if there was a tough forward or two on that much hyped prospect list instead of a bunch of non physical finesse players but Sweeney is a drafting genius (Matt Barzal sends his best)

Trent Frederic says hello.

Reactions: Chief Nine

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Yes , I took exception to that statement too. They may have a better attack but defensively they are not even close. They are giving up 40 shots against night after night. By the time the PO's roll around the goalie is going to be spent. He's playing out of his mind right now but not to sure that's going to last. They are fortunate the east sucks because otherwise I think they would be in danger heading forward.

He figures they finish ahead of the Bruins , I'm not so sure about that . I sure don't see how you can say that with the certainty that he does.

With that said, I listen every time he comes on.He is very well informed , somewhat of a name dropper (annoying) , but he's generally right with his predictions, though like anyone else he does come up with some dozzies . He's been tooting the Bruins horn since last year.

McGuire also says that the Sens roster is better then the Bruins, has been saying that all year whenever he speaks on Ottawa sports talk radio. Yet he also always praises the Bruins, talk about pandering to the local audience.

Reactions: chizzler

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
If pacioretty is going to be traded for picks/prospects i hope we at least make an offer

Being a left hand shot isnt ideal but 2 years at 4.5 for a big body guy that averages better than 30 goals per season would really be a fit for us on many levels

Id give an offer of spooner since they need a scoring center, zboril since they traded away all their kid dmen, and our first round pick since its a deep draft

I might throw in something more if montreal ate some salary

I like mcguire but when he says toronto is a better team now than boston... i dont see it. Toronto got out ahead of us in standings because of injuries. Theyve been relying on incredible hot goaltending to get pointes the past month. Even with that weve chased them down and will blow past them soon.

Mcguire did say we will be scary good... but the other teams might need to open their eyes sooner because we are already scary good and we are only getting better as our youth develops

Adding a piece like pacioretty to give krejci some help on second line might just be enough to bring the cup home imho

Before anyone can help DK he needs to get back on the ice and stay there. This back injury has quickly become more than just a bit worrisome

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

I like you - so I'm suggesting your 2018 New Years resolution is to read my posts and start using my philosophy as your own.

I've been a mentor to kids in the past and I'm willing to help a good Bruins fan who needs s little guidance and direction.

We can start today or on the 1st just let me know.

If you want to do today we can use the Sweeney thread.

This goes out to others

Very disturbing to see longtime Sweeney bashers disappear altogether from HF Boards like the Burgermeister Meisterburgers while others occasionally post with a mumbling 'Barzal' equivalent to the Winter Warlock only left with a little magic corn.

It's the season of forgiveness- come back and accept Donny Hawkey and start posting again we will not judge you much

Make the change and leave the darkness.

I can help you see the light if you so choose :pcheer:

Last edited:

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
We would be the very last team to be traded to and Montreal would never do it. Pacioretty 'hates' Boston, hes said it on TV. He grew up a New Yorker so its natural that he hates Boston. I think Montreal (as bad at trading as they are) would be asking too much for him anyway. And I couldnt root for the Chin in a black and gold jersey, no thanks.

It makes me so happy to read this because Pacioretty is such an unlikable tool that I’m glad he hates Boston and that he’d never come here.

Plus, he’s gutless and overrated.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
pierre loves frederic. he loved him before the bruins selected him.
I'm glad Pierre said that about Donato. I watched him last year live and his instincts really stood out - there was one play he was turning off and heading to a spot before the defender I swear even decided - and Donato ended up getting the puck and creating a scoring opportunity on an equally impressive feed

I'm not sure where he plays but he looks like a keeper

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World

You're wrong on Donato. Everyone is impressed with him.

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
I'm glad Pierre said that about Donato. I watched him last year live and his instincts really stood out - there was one play he was turning off and heading to a spot before the defender I swear even decided - and Donato ended up getting the puck and creating a scoring opportunity on an equally impressive feed

i’ve never seen donato play outside of bruins camps, unfortunately. i’m excited to see if he has enough of that pure spatial awareness so that plays like you just described will translate for him when the game is played at a trillion miles an hour; it has for danton. :)

i feel fans should not sleep on koppanen, who mgmt felt so strongly about they signed him to his elc already. he is playing on an offensively stagnant ilves team on their 3rd line most nights. truly an uninspired team, like the buffalo of ligga right now, but he is huge and his wingspan and ability to cover ice is unteachable, plus he can skate. i think he will make some decisions difficult during next year’s camp.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
i’ve never seen donato play outside of bruins camps, unfortunately. i’m excited to see if he has enough of that pure spatial awareness so that plays like you just described will translate for him when the game is played at a trillion miles an hour; it has for danton. :)

i feel fans should not sleep on koppanen, who mgmt felt so strongly about they signed him to his elc already. he is playing on an offensively stagnant ilves team on their 3rd line most nights. truly an uninspired team, like the buffalo of ligga right now, but he is huge and his wingspan and ability to cover ice is unteachable, plus he can skate. i think he will make some decisions difficult during next year’s camp.

He and Steen are sleeper picks, I think.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

DK is there a chance he plays with the bruins this year? Anxious to see him play live. i understand he will be playing for team USA olympics?

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
DK is there a chance he plays with the bruins this year? Anxious to see him play live. i understand he will be playing for team USA olympics?
I have read in two places that he will be making himself available. So yes if the Bruins have the need.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

I would think definitely Boston

No idea about Olympics

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
**** the Habs !
Random lol

I was checking Drouin stats yesterday and he's on a 13 goal pace over 82 games

Weber out indefinitely

Boston & Toronto loaded with prospects

Had the Canadiens just kept McDonough & Subban they would have a base to win any game any series

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I would think definitely Boston

No idea about Olympics

A quick google et voila....
Ryan Donato focused on Harvard and Olympics - The Boston Globe

USA Hockey won’t name its team for the Pyeongchang Olympics until Jan. 1, but the early betting is that Bruins prospect Ryan Donato, along with Boston University winger Jordan Greenway, will be front and center for Uncle Sam’s stick carriers when the puck is dropped in South Korea.
Donato, 21, would be following the tracks of dad Ted Donato, who played for the 1992 US Olympic squad that was edged out of a bronze medal in the Albertville Games by the Czechs. The elder Donato suited up with a cast of proud Bay State brethren that included the likes of Joe Sacco, Shawn McEachern, Keith Tkachuk, Marty McInnis, and Steve Heinze.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
A quick google et voila....
Ryan Donato focused on Harvard and Olympics - The Boston Globe

USA Hockey won’t name its team for the Pyeongchang Olympics until Jan. 1, but the early betting is that Bruins prospect Ryan Donato, along with Boston University winger Jordan Greenway, will be front and center for Uncle Sam’s stick carriers when the puck is dropped in South Korea.
Donato, 21, would be following the tracks of dad Ted Donato, who played for the 1992 US Olympic squad that was edged out of a bronze medal in the Albertville Games by the Czechs. The elder Donato suited up with a cast of proud Bay State brethren that included the likes of Joe Sacco, Shawn McEachern, Keith Tkachuk, Marty McInnis, and Steve Heinze.
Great - thanks for this

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Great to hear from Pierre. I think it's in line with what we've been saying for awhile here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->