TSN: CKGM Montreal AUDIO - Pierre McGuire warns Montreal fans the Bruins are loaded

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
If he went a step further, Young Charlie would be Bobby Orr.

Hoping for a smooth transition from Z to him as the long long term #1.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Right around the 4:32 mark did I hear that right?

Did he Say Donny Sweeney deserves a lot of Credit??:thumbu:

Ryan Donato as good or better than any young Bruin forward right now.

Boy thats a big time compliment to Ryan,:cheers: Here's hoping Pierre money!
Looking forward to both Beanpot games to watch Donato & Sherman

The new NHL should be great for him

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
If pacioretty is going to be traded for picks/prospects i hope we at least make an offer

Being a left hand shot isnt ideal but 2 years at 4.5 for a big body guy that averages better than 30 goals per season would really be a fit for us on many levels

Id give an offer of spooner since they need a scoring center, zboril since they traded away all their kid dmen, and our first round pick since its a deep draft

I might throw in something more if montreal ate some salary

I like mcguire but when he says toronto is a better team now than boston... i dont see it. Toronto got out ahead of us in standings because of injuries. Theyve been relying on incredible hot goaltending to get pointes the past month. Even with that weve chased them down and will blow past them soon.

Mcguire did say we will be scary good... but the other teams might need to open their eyes sooner because we are already scary good and we are only getting better as our youth develops

Adding a piece like pacioretty to give krejci some help on second line might just be enough to bring the cup home imho

Last edited:

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
If pacioretty is going to be traded for picks/prospects i hope we at least make an offer

Being a left hand shot isnt ideal but 2 years at 4.5 for a big body guy that averages better than 30 goals per season would really be a fit for us on many levels

Id give an offer of spooner since they need a scoring center, zboril since they traded away all their kid dmen, and our first round pick since its a deep draft

I like mcguire but when he says toronto is a better team now than boston... i dont see it. Toronto got out ahead of us in standings because of injuries. Theyve been relying on incredible hot goaltending to get points the past month. Even with that weve chased them down and will blow past them soon.

Mcgwire did say we will be scary good... but the other teams might need to open their eyes sooner because we are already scary good and we are only getting better as our youth develops

Adding a piece like pacioretti to give krejci some help on second line might just be enough to bring the cup home imho

Avoid Max at all costs. Won't take the big hit to make the big play. No thank you

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

I like mcguire but when he says toronto is a better team now than boston... i dont see it. Toronto got out ahead of us in standings because of injuries. Theyve been relying on incredible hot goaltending to get points the past month. Even with that weve chased them down and will blow past them soon.

Mcgwire did say we will be scary good... but the other teams might need to open their eyes sooner because we are already scary good and we are only getting better as our youth develops

Adding a piece like pacioretti to give krejci some help on second line might just be enough to bring the cup home imho

Let's not get carried away here.

Super happy with the way the B's have been playing of recent, but we're still young, and should expect some more growing pains along the way. Rather have the kids grow and learn as of now unless it was a clear upgrade and someone that fits the team a bit longer term.

Reactions: Chief Nine

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
For Montreal to trade anyone of note here they would need to get an enormous overpayment.

And to be honest, Sweeney would probably be hesitant to deal anyone with potential for fear that he would haunt the B’s for 10 years, especially someone with such questionable fortitude.

Reactions: Chief Nine

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Pierre is on Ottawa TSN radio every morning. He mentions the Bruins (and Flyers) deep prospect pool at least once a week. Goes on about how they will be a very good team for a very long time.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Pierre is on Ottawa TSN radio every morning. He mentions the Bruins (and Flyers) deep prospect pool at least once a week. Goes on about how they will be a very good team for a very long time.

I listen to TSN Montreal 690 does the same thing. To be honest it's getting to be too much. It's very nice to hear once or twice however he goes on and on about it week after week. Must be torture for habitant fans! Which is a good thing lol

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I listen to TSN Montreal 690 does the same thing. To be honest it's getting to be too much. It's very nice to hear once or twice however he goes on and on about it week after week. Must be torture for habitant fans! Which is a good thing lol

Turns out the Montreal host is a closet Bruins fan

That isn't surprising because in the 70's the Bruins were on Montreal cable TV far more often than the Habs and Nords combined as they picked up the games from a station in Vermont.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

I like mcguire but when he says toronto is a better team now than boston... i dont see it. Toronto got out ahead of us in standings because of injuries. Theyve been relying on incredible hot goaltending to get pointes the past month. Even with that weve chased them down and will blow past them soon.

Mcguire did say we will be scary good... but the other teams might need to open their eyes sooner because we are already scary good and we are only getting better as our youth develops

Adding a piece like pacioretty to give krejci some help on second line might just be enough to bring the cup home imho
Yeah , not sure how Pierre can make that statement about the Leafs being better ? What is he basing that on ? There head to head record the last couple of years ? Two points ahead but the Bruins have 3 games in hand ?

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Credit to Pierre, he's been gushing about these kids in our system for a couple of years now.

He certainly has been. I remember hearing him giving Don credit last year. Not so much about having "top flight" prospects, but rather having many solid prospects.

It's funny because I remember thinking, sometime around '07 or '08, that the Bruins are going to be really good in a few years but was worried that the Pens would always stand in their way.

Today, I'm excited about where this team could be in a couple of years but worry about Tampa and Toronto. If the Leafs can find 1 more D-Men (Doughty???) they can be very scary, assuming their young forwards continue to get better.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
He certainly has been. I remember hearing him giving Don credit last year. Not so much about having "top flight" prospects, but rather having many solid prospects.

It's funny because I remember thinking, sometime around '07 or '08, that the Bruins are going to be really good in a few years but was worried that the Pens would always stand in their way.

Today, I'm excited about where this team could be in a couple of years but worry about Tampa and Toronto. If the Leafs can find 1 more D-Men (Doughty???) they can be very scary, assuming their young forwards continue to get better.
Let them have Doughty and the cap hit.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia

We would be the very last team to be traded to and Montreal would never do it. Pacioretty 'hates' Boston, hes said it on TV. He grew up a New Yorker so its natural that he hates Boston. I think Montreal (as bad at trading as they are) would be asking too much for him anyway. And I couldnt root for the Chin in a black and gold jersey, no thanks.

Reactions: Dueling Banjos

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
If Toronto go after Doughty there is no way they can keep Matthews Marner Nylander AND JVR. I think youd be looking at both JVR and Nylander out the door.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World

That POS is NOT a Bruin. He doesn’t have the sack for it. Never has.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
We would be the very last team to be traded to and Montreal would never do it. Pacioretty 'hates' Boston, hes said it on TV. He grew up a New Yorker so its natural that he hates Boston. I think Montreal (as bad at trading as they are) would be asking too much for him anyway. And I couldnt root for the Chin in a black and gold jersey, no thanks.
He grew up in CT, but the half that follows NY teams instead of Boston.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad