Chychrun's Megathread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Is that what we're doing now, trying to convince ourselves the Coyotes will be a Cup contender in the next 5 years?
We better be in the conversation. This is year 3, add 5 and you are at 8 yrs. If we aren't one of the top teams by then you can call the rebuild a failure.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Chychrun is out here flying around the horrible ice in Gilbert. So scary.
I’m visioning you like this…..

E4E42104-F8C2-4D2D-A472-245D647C981D.gif

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Didn't you snap you leg in several pieces recently on skates?
Yep. Femur. Like Keller. Back in October of ‘21. There’s a titanium rod in my femur the whole length of it. And a bolt up in the hip, and some screws down in the knee. I’ve got a mite and a mini mite and I help out with coaching. I also do adult skills, stick time and pickup depending on scheduling. Starting a men’s league team in Mesa soon.

rt

May 13, 2004
To be fair, they were on the North (West) rink, which is usually the better of the two. (If you want some real fun, try playing on the South (East) rink right after the weekend public sessions like we often do...good times, good times)
Either way there are gaps wide enough to stand a puck on end behind the net, between the “ice” and the end boards. Lol.

Reactions: Summer Rose

PHX FireBirds18

Jul 20, 2006
Yep. Femur. Like Keller. Back in October of ‘21. There’s a titanium rod in my femur the whole length of it. And a bolt up in the hip, and some screws down in the knee. I’ve got a mite and a mini mite and I help out with coaching. I also do adult skills, stick time and pickup depending on scheduling. Starting a men’s league team in Mesa soon.
Id be interested once you get that setup. I have A league skills but D league conditioning 😆 . So I’m anywhere B and lower . Don’t play much anymore and I think for my own heath I should change that…

rt

May 13, 2004
Id be interested once you get that setup. I have A league skills but D league conditioning 😆 . So I’m anywhere B and lower . Don’t play much anymore and I think for my own heath I should change that…
Over half of our guys haven’t played in a league ever or since elementary school. I don’t think we will win even a single game in D league. We would be more appropriate for G league but Gilbert is dragging their feet on setting that up. Half of our guys, I suspect are passable D leaguers. Guys who have played in men’s league before or at least in leagues as teenagers.

I retired as a squirt. Lol. And I wasn’t a good squirt. I struggle with the most basic fundamentals and I’m also not in shape. And I’m also not the worst on the team. Haha

Reactions: Summer Rose

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Over half of our guys haven’t played in a league ever or since elementary school. I don’t think we will win even a single game in D league. We would be more appropriate for G league but Gilbert is dragging their feet on setting that up. Half of our guys, I suspect are passable D leaguers. Guys who have played in men’s league before or at least in leagues as teenagers.

I retired as a squirt. Lol. And I wasn’t a good squirt. I struggle with the most basic fundamentals and I’m also not in shape. And I’m also not the worst on the team. Haha
Dang, I wish I lived in Phoenix still, I'd totally play with you guys. I haven't played since a few months before moving and I was in A, but I was closer to B at the time. I'd bet I'm a C leaguer now. It would be so much fun to be your stay at home defenseman!

wbwing

Aug 28, 2014
I think with the draft this year.... A lot of teams have decided to sell. Seems like a lot of players available. With Nashville out, even more D (seems like St. Louis is ready to part with Krug/Parayako for the right price as well). I mean, I can't imagine a GM risking a ton of pieces on Chychrun when so many cheaper options are available. A buyer's market. Wish that Columbus deal in the off-season had been culminated. Not sure we get much for Gostisbehere. Don't blame Armstrong on this one, the tactics were right, but sometimes conditions change. Maybe we just hold at this point and take a good enough offer in the off season.

Reactions: Kai Yo T

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I think with the draft this year.... A lot of teams have decided to sell. Seems like a lot of players available. With Nashville out, even more D (seems like St. Louis is ready to part with Krug/Parayako for the right price as well). I mean, I can't imagine a GM risking a ton of pieces on Chychrun when so many cheaper options are available. A buyer's market. Wish that Columbus deal in the off-season had been culminated. Not sure we get much for Gostisbehere. Don't blame Armstrong on this one, the tactics were right, but sometimes conditions change. Maybe we just hold at this point and take a good enough offer in the off season.
This is why when you tear it down, you do it quickly, markets can change. The benefit of doing it quickly is you set the stage for who is staying and who is going, it makes the culture better. Right now I would bet Schmaltz/keller are thinking they could be moved too. Who is part of the core anyway? BA moved DVO/Garland, now Chych, nobody is safe, that is what the players have to be thinking.

As for Chych, had we moved him a year ago or even last summer for a lesser return maybe, you get those picks and prospects earlier so they can develop sooner and help your team sooner. Think about a late first next year versus this year, you are one year ahead on development, same with a prospect. The strategy BA is employing, waiting one year to do anything, waiting forever to trade Chych, strings out the rebuild a few more years. There is a time value I don't think BA considers.

Reactions: GhostofTommyBolin

wbwing

Aug 28, 2014
Honestly, if somehow we absolutely knew we were getting Bedard or Fantilli, and had the budget, I'd be tempted to switch a bit and do some buying if you could at bargain prices. Specifically, a decent D or two on a couple year contracts. Minimal picks out. Give the structure to the team so that we aren't getting out shot 45-25 every night. And as those contracts run out, hopefully Kolyachonok/Soderstrom/Lameroux/Duda/picks to come start filtering in. Give Cooley, Guenther, and the 2023 pick some cover to grow.

wbwing

Aug 28, 2014
Actually... As I think about that a little harder, I get BA's logic even more. Chychrun is probably the cheapest and best help we could possibly 'hire' this off-season anyways. If we keep him 1.5 more seasons, he helps us be more competitive for the kids. Given the amount of picks people are willing to throw at expiring contracts (Chiarot/O Reilly), we will almost certainly get at least a playoff team 1st and 2nd his final year. So this is like, renting a mentor/cover for 4.5 million or whatever he is paid for 2 seasons. I'd rather do that then lower my ask now. It's just one piece different you get now vs 2 years from now.

Actually... As I think about that a little harder, I get BA's logic even more. Chychrun is probably the cheapest and best help we could possibly 'hire' this off-season anyways. If we keep him 1.5 more seasons, he helps us be more competitive for the kids. Given the amount of picks people are willing to throw at expiring contracts (Chiarot/O Reilly), we will almost certainly get at least a playoff team 1st and 2nd his final year. So this is like, renting a mentor/cover for 4.5 million or whatever he is paid for 2 seasons. I'd rather do that then lower my ask now. It's just one piece different you get now vs 2 years from now.
And we get value of not being a black hole if we keep in the meantime. That's worth it to me.

Reactions: Jakey53

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Krug is 31 with 4 yrs. remaining on his contract and Parayako is 29 with 5 yrs. remaining on his, and both have large salaries. Ekholm is 32, three years left with a pretty hefty salary as well. All three have salaries much higher than Chych, and all three best before dates have expired. All three are available for a reason. IF any team wants these three instead of Chych, all I can say is go for it. Hope BA holds tight on his ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad