Rumor: Chychrun To LA for Clarke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
If the Yotes are dead set to ask for Clarke or Byfield, Kings should move on.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I didn't even hear about this as I'm starting to barely pay attention to the team, already looking forward to the draft and next year when we can hopefully start to root for wins again. Since the thread has turned into a weird sandwich discussion, is the trade truly dead or was it just a false rumor?

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
This comment is pretty hysterical, if you don’t get Byfield or Clarke.. which you were never getting anyways, you’ll move on to the next team? Is that right?
Newsflash, guys like Spence, Grans, Pinelli, Bjornfot and even Durzi are better than most teams top prospects.
Where’s rt, I’m sure the Yotes would take the following for Jakob
Two of Durzi, Bjornfot or Grans
Pinelli and a 1st just for Jakob
.. all three of those Dmen would likely net you a 1st and Pinelli is pretty damn close to that value.. so really, that’s 4 piece with the equivalent value of a 1st.

Wow. This post seems extremely uninformed. Especially for someone coming in hot to another team's forum...? But what do I know.

Newsflash:
1) I'm sure the Kings already offered a package like that, if you were right Chychrun would've already been traded (probably during last year's offseason)
2) We'd prefer the picks rather than the players / prospects (which I think everyone should know by now).

Two firsts and any of one those guys (Spence, Durzi etc) is most likely fine. If you're saying 1 first and 2 of those guys, we'll hang on to JC for now and probably end up trading him somewhere else (or keeping him which would be fine too).

Speaking of which, did you know that Chychrun is 12th in the League in dman points per game this year? To put that in perspective that's tied with Heiskanen, just below McAvoy, much better than Doughty (who is having a decent year). And also Chych is playing on our shit team as opposed to a playoff team like LA (or Dallas, BOS etc). And he's 24 years and on a good contract for multiple years, also a leader in the dressing room whatever that's worth.

Good luck convincing anyone that your offer of Bjornfot & Grans & Pinelli and a first will be the best offer out there. If for some insane reason that ends up being true, we'll just keep the guy

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
It would suggest you take your own advice. You and your kind think that Clarke and Byfield were on the table, that was never the case. They wouldn’t trade Vilardi to the Yotes last season but you and the rest of the cryote flock obviously like to fantasize about unrealistic things.

So when you say there’s a whole world out there, I’m assuming you’re talking about contenders that would give up two 1sts and their top prospect. I’m sure Boston (Lysell) or Toronto (Knies) are better than the players I mentioned right? You should watch more hockey
You’re assuming incorrectly. And you very obviously have no idea what you’re talking about. But thanks for stopping by. It’s been fun.

I didn't even hear about this as I'm starting to barely pay attention to the team, already looking forward to the draft and next year when we can hopefully start to root for wins again. Since the thread has turned into a weird sandwich discussion, is the trade truly dead or was it just a false rumor?
LA seems dead. No telling for sure if it’s truly dead or if it was ever even the kings. It’s definitely not Clarke. And Chychrun might play tomorrow. For us.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
You can bet that if Vejmelka is going to LA too, one of Clarke or Byfield is likely coming back. Is that smart? Maybe, maybe not. But it's likely the case. If it's just Chychrun alone, I doubt it happens, but you never know. We've been at this rodeo for years, literally. BA knows what he wants, and he's by god going to get it. Or he'll keep Chychrun. I still think tomorrow he likely gets traded, but you never know at this point.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I don’t think Clarke was ever on the table. Yes, we all got excited but it’s speculation until the deal goes down. Doesn’t mean LA is out.

My guess is

Chychrun, Mayo

for

Grans
Walker
Watson
2023 1st
2025 1st.

Walker plays in place of Chychrun, Ghost or Stetcher

Watson replaces Bjugstad‘s contract spot

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I don’t think Clarke was ever on the table. Yes, we all got excited but it’s speculation until the deal goes down. Doesn’t mean LA is out.

My guess is

Chychrun, Mayo

for

Grans
Walker
Watson
2023 1st
2025 1st.

Walker plays in place of Chychrun, Ghost or Stetcher

Watson replaces Bjugstad‘s contract spot
Sorry for coming onto your board and asking questions but who is Watson? LA doesn’t have a Watson. I’ve just been really curious about what Coyotes fans see as fair.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Sorry for coming onto your board and asking questions but who is Watson? LA doesn’t have a Watson. I’ve just been really curious about what Coyotes fans see as fair.

No worries, you're absolutely welcome here assuming you don't turn into a delusional crazy person.

For most of us I think fair value would be two firsts and a good but not elite young player / prospect (ppl seem to like Grans, personally don't know enough about your prospects to have a strong opinion either way). If you look back in this thread you'll see no one really expected Clarke or Byfield coming back the other way, when Clarke was rumored most of us were like, "WHAAAAA??????" I don't think anyone here really expected someone like Clarke, of course getting someone like him would've been nice.

But yeah -- to answer your question, BA's ask for Chychrun is two firsts (one likely has to be 2023) + a good but not great prospect like Grans, you can replace the prospect with 2nd rounder if you'd rather keep your guys (which would be understandable). I think most of us think a return like that would be fair, or at least close enough to fair that it's probably not worth being disappointed about

Reactions: kilowatt and Statto

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Wow. This post seems extremely uninformed. Especially for someone coming in hot to another team's forum...? But what do I know.

Newsflash:
1) I'm sure the Kings already offered a package like that, if you were right Chychrun would've already been traded (probably during last year's offseason)
2) We'd prefer the picks rather than the players / prospects (which I think everyone should know by now).

Two firsts and any of one those guys (Spence, Durzi etc) is most likely fine. If you're saying 1 first and 2 of those guys, we'll hang on to JC for now and probably end up trading him somewhere else (or keeping him which would be fine too).

Speaking of which, did you know that Chychrun is 12th in the League in dman points per game this year? To put that in perspective that's tied with Heiskanen, just below McAvoy, much better than Doughty (who is having a decent year). And also Chych is playing on our shit team as opposed to a playoff team like LA (or Dallas, BOS etc). And he's 24 years and on a good contract for multiple years, also a leader in the dressing room whatever that's worth.

Good luck convincing anyone that your offer of Bjornfot & Grans & Pinelli and a first will be the best offer out there. If for some insane reason that ends up being true, we'll just keep the guy
Well said!

Reactions: PainForShane

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Clarke + 1st (any year) + cap dumps to infinity = more than enough for me. Imo would be insane if BA was able to pick up Clarke or Byfield in this trade
Why? Chych is young, PROVEN and GOOD. Picks, prospects are not. Picks are a crap shoot most of the time. Many on this board I think are really under estimating what we have in Chych.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Why? Chych is young, PROVEN and GOOD. Picks, prospects are not. Picks are a crap shoot most of the time. Many on this board I think are really under estimating what we have in Chych.
It would be okay if you actually shared your specific example of what you think would be better. There are no rules against it. That’s the difference between a discussion and a criticism. Offer some ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad