Injury Report: Chychrun out Indefinitely After Knee Surgery

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Freaks of nature have freakish recovery I guess. Different sport, but Adrian Peterson destroyed his knee, came back and had a 2000 yard season the next season, when most guys are still off that whole year.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Freaks of nature have freakish recovery I guess. Different sport, but Adrian Peterson destroyed his knee, came back and had a 2000 yard season the next season, when most guys are still off that whole year.

My guess /hope would be his knee wasn't as destroyed as some feared. It was never officially announced as far as I know. Could have just been a meniscus tear.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
My guess /hope would be his knee wasn't as destroyed as some feared. It was never officially announced as far as I know. Could have just been a meniscus tear.

Oh yeah, no way he recovered this fast if it was something gnarly, I didn't mean to imply his knee injury was similar to Peterson's, just to say that some of these freak athletes have some crazy recovery time.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Oh yeah, no way he recovered this fast if it was something gnarly, I didn't mean to imply his knee injury was similar to Peterson's, just to say that some of these freak athletes have some crazy recovery time.

Remember one of the first games of the season when he crashed hard into the boards? I honestly thought he shattered his leg, and if that didn't happen, he would be out for 3 months, minimum. More like 3 minutes. Maybe the kid is bionic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OabcUKDoYn4

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
I don't mean to be negative nancy but there's a tremendous gap between normal walking around and playing NHL level hockey. Sure it's better that he's not on crutches and in a brace but he could still easily be months away from returning.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
I don't mean to be negative nancy but there's a tremendous gap between normal walking around and playing NHL level hockey. Sure it's better that he's not on crutches and in a brace but he could still easily be months away from returning.

Oh absolutely. Never hurts to ask though. Definitely a good sign he is walking without assistance.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
With that team, no need to practice: I consider him as game time decision for the Montreal game :nod:

That's an interesting take. Let him practice with the team a bit, or play right away? Which leads to the next question: Ease him into the lineup, or throw him into the deep end?

His minutes were kept pretty low last season. I think he can handle a lot more this year once he's 100%. I really like this defence when they're all healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad