Injury Report: Chychrun out Indefinitely After Knee Surgery

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
From the strome article: arizonasports.com/story/1329711/coyotes-hope-ease-former-top-3-pick-dylan-strome-nhl-wing/amp/

Chychrun will practice with the team all week but not play. The team will make a further determination on his playing status at the end of the week.

ARISE CHYCHRUN! CHYCHRUN ARISE!

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Awww, come on guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course...

2 Weeks!

That only applies to arenas.

41c.jpg

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
The Chychrun love is a bit overblown, IMO. He's better than what we've got, apart from OEL, but he's not the second coming of Erik Karrlson.

Reactions: SniperHF

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Chych was healthy scratched last year at times and he is coming off an injury. He isn't our second best Dmen, not even close. he might be, some day, he has the potential, but he hasn't proven anything yet. I hope he beats out Kconn and secures a spot on the third line for the remainder of the year, that would be great. The NHL is tough on 19 year olds, ask Crouse.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
He doesn't have to be. If he can be the second coming of Scott Niedermeyer or Chris Pronger that would be enough.
I didn't see either Niedermeyer or Pronger last year. I saw a David Tanabe. Hopefully, he can get much better, but I have no place for the "Miele Effect", where his value gets way overblown, or the "Fail for Nail" effect, where people fall madly in love with potential.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
I think you are putting the cart ahead of the horse.:)
I don’t think he’s our second best, the post I was respond to said that, my bad.

It was more questioning how someone could think the hype for someone who they thought of as our second best dman could be overblown

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
It's probably a good idea to expect him to be shaky for awhile. Honestly a longer stint in Tucson than we are expecting right now might be a good idea.

Remember how long it took Stone to look reasonably competent after his injury? Arguably he still isn't the same player.

Chychrun especially relies on his wheels offensively and is a toolsy player in general. If he's not 100% there's a good chance he looks really bad for awhile.

Reactions: Bonsai Tree

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I didn't see either Niedermeyer or Pronger last year. I saw a David Tanabe. Hopefully, he can get much better, but I have no place for the "Miele Effect", where his value gets way overblown, or the "Fail for Nail" effect, where people fall madly in love with potential.
Tanabe? I wouldn't go that far - good God man! :laugh:

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Around these parts last year you would have thought DeAngelo was a 1st pairing guy and he can' make the Rangers lineup?? Chychrun is a long way from being the player I read about here as well. Fun to watch in year one but far from a great NHL D man.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Around these parts last year you would have thought DeAngelo was a 1st pairing guy and he can' make the Rangers lineup?? Chychrun is a long way from being the player I read about here as well. Fun to watch in year one but far from a great NHL D man.

Nobody thought DeAngelo was a first pairing guy. Quit making shit up.

Reactions: _Del_ and CC96

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Maybe he meant compared to KConn, McBain, and the corpse of Z who all dressed for us last year...

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
It's probably a good idea to expect him to be shaky for awhile. Honestly a longer stint in Tucson than we are expecting right now might be a good idea.

Remember how long it took Stone to look reasonably competent after his injury? Arguably he still isn't the same player.

Chychrun especially relies on his wheels offensively and is a toolsy player in general. If he's not 100% there's a good chance he looks really bad for awhile.
Agreed. Let him get after the AHL for a while if he's eligible. Not sure he's eligible though.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Agreed. Let him get after the AHL for a while if he's eligible. Not sure he's eligible though.

14 days apparently.

But all the talk from the usual sources makes it sound more like he'll get a game or two then up. Looking at the schedule it looks like he could play in 5 games max. I'd make him play all 5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad