Chychrun Megathread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I'm really warming up to Chychrun for Vilardi + 19th OA + D Prospect + something else. I just feel like Vilardi would come in with something to prove, and having AT there to guide him would be even better. I totally see him as a 2c everyone wants.

Fantilli, Vilardi, Hayton, McBain

That could be nasty center depth. All are big, strong, athletic guys.

Reactions: Grimes

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I'm really warming up to Chychrun for Vilardi + 19th OA + D Prospect + something else. I just feel like Vilardi would come in with something to prove, and having AT there to guide him would be even better. I totally see him as a 2c everyone wants.

Fantilli, Vilardi, Hayton, McBain

That could be nasty center depth. All are big, strong, athletic guys.
If only do it if the D Prospect were Clarke (not gonna happen) or Faber. Grans isn’t enough for me.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Grans and a 2023 1st? It's likely to be later but still a 1st.

I'm not so sure about that. I expect Vegas to be better. Who would LAK be better than from this list of the 8 potential playoff teams (I'm ordering them in my perceived rankings of best to worst)
COL
CGY
STL
VGK
EDM
MIN
DAL
NSH

I'd maybe put LAK above NSH. DAL and MIN could drop with bad injuries. Obviously EDM's life rides on a healthy McDrai. MIN potentially could take a step back if they retool and trade for the 2OA. I think DAL is on the way up with that younger core and what we saw from their goaltender. I think they load up for another year or two then re-tool around Robertson/Heskanin after Benn and Seguin move on.

LAK's season probably has less weight on a significant injury then a team like DAL/NSH/MIN but probably relies much more on the younger core taking another big step. They only made the playoffs because VGK were a disaster.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I'm not so sure about that. I expect Vegas to be better. Who would LAK be better than from this list of the 8 potential playoff teams (I'm ordering them in my perceived rankings of best to worst)
COL
CGY
STL
VGK
EDM
MIN
DAL
NSH

I'd maybe put LAK above NSH. DAL and MIN could drop with bad injuries. Obviously EDM's life rides on a healthy McDrai. MIN potentially could take a step back if they retool and trade for the 2OA. I think DAL is on the way up with that younger core and what we saw from their goaltender. I think they load up for another year or two then re-tool around Robertson/Heskanin after Benn and Seguin move on.

LAK's season probably has less weight on a significant injury then a team like DAL/NSH/MIN but probably relies much more on the younger core taking another big step. They only made the playoffs because VGK were a disaster.
LA was ahead of Dallas, Nashville, and Vegas this season. They're a year older (in a good way, kinda) and could surprise. Still expect a 1st round exit if they make it but that could put the pick anywhere between 16 and 20, which is in the 2nd half of the 1st. So let's say with the addition of Chychrun, they advance a round. 19th, ~24th, Vilardi, Grans for Chychrun. Not my ideal haul but it's nothing to snuff at either.

You’re saying Vilardi+Grans+’22 1st+’23 1st? I mean, yeah. I’d do that. I don’t know that LA would.
Yes

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Bedard = McDavid/P. Kane mutoid (but tiny)
Michkov = Kaprizov/Datsuyk hybrid
Fantilli = Getzlaf 2.0
Yager = Scheifele/Couture combo
Dvorsky = Aho clone

Flame away on those comparables but that's how I see them right now. I don't have as much of a grasp on Ritchie/Musty/Wood and that next tier.

Reactions: jmelm

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Fantilli = Getzlaf 2.0
Dvorsky = Aho clone

Flame away on those comparables but that's how I see them right now. I don't have as much of a grasp on Ritchie/Musty/Wood and that next tier.
Bedard doesn’t have the speed of McDavid. Sakic or Yzerman are probably better comparisons.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
A shot at one of Bedard, Fantilli and Michkov could turn this franchise around. 32nd place needs to be the goal.

I think there more merit to this idea than all alternate ideas.

It's not like we happened to have 3 first rounders last year and picked Wyatt Johnson and Brennan Othmann with our other 2 picks. We really need the high end talent that sucking hard and picking as high as possible will bring.

I'm super pumped about the depth we're going to have from collecting prospects (like Koly) and a ton picks from teams by taking on their contracts. But there's no substitute for that truly elite talent that the very best teams have. Is it possible to get that later in the draft? Sure, but it is VERY, VERY rare.

Reactions: PainForShane

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Fantilli = Getzlaf 2.0
Dvorsky = Aho clone

Don't sleep on Zach Benson either :)

Reactions: Grimes

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
He’s incredible as well. He pushed Savoie off the top Pp unit in Winnipeg. That’s how good he was.

And outscored everyone on his team as a kid who looks like he's 14 lol. But he's also incredibly mature in interviews.

The question with a lot of the kids like him in that draft is, which of them and by how much might they still grow physically. I'm not sure Fantilli is going to go from 6'3 to 6'5 or anything, but Benson and Bedard could stay where they are or still get taller -- which is scary given how good they are as is right now. :amazed:

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
So on TSN's Insider Trading tonight, they mentioned a lot of teams are calling CAR about Necas. LeBrun said they really aren't looking to move him but thinks they would if it was for the right Dman.

I smell a 3-way deal with Necas & Chychrun involved and us collecting all the picks & prospects. Hmmm.... 🤔

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
So on TSN's Insider Trading tonight, they mentioned a lot of teams are calling CAR about Necas. LeBrun said they really aren't looking to move him but thinks they would if it was for the right Dman.

I smell a 3-way deal with Necas & Chychrun involved and us collecting all the picks & prospects. Hmmm.... 🤔

It's interesting, but I wonder how much value Necas has. He wasn't exactly winning them games in the playoffs and I believe he spent some time on the 4th line.

He's 6 months younger than Keller with the following stats
19-20: 36p in 64gp
20-21: 41p in 53gp
21-22: 40p in 78gp

I feel like he has a better perceived value than his actual value. I don't think he is done developing, and I think he got stunted a tad with the Canes top 6 not having a spot for him at all times, but he is feeling more and more like a very very good 3rd liner and solid 2nd liner. Maybe he hits Tofoli levels but I think those days of being a true top line forward are gone.

So what does a 3-way trade look like?

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Can the finals please end already so we can get to the juicy Chychrun rumors I've been waiting all playoffs for

How in the world have there not been more rumors about EDM wanting him?
Why hasn't an insider said, "EDM has their eyes on a potential top defender, who is young, cost controlled and name rhymes with "frick'n". They are willing to pay up and feel more confident than ever to make a run at him after making the conference finals. They are willing to outbid teams that provided Armstrong with "mediocre" offers around the deadline and have to prospects to make it work."

Broberg
Holloway
1st

Done and done.

Reactions: sundance74

Coyotes19c

Jul 27, 2021

This scenario would be great for us IMO.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
How in the world have there not been more rumors about EDM wanting him?
Why hasn't an insider said, "EDM has their eyes on a potential top defender, who is young, cost controlled and name rhymes with "frick'n". They are willing to pay up and feel more confident than ever to make a run at him after making the conference finals. They are willing to outbid teams that provided Armstrong with "mediocre" offers around the deadline and have to prospects to make it work."

Broberg
Holloway
1st

Done and done.
I like Bourgault more than Holloway now. Even if it’s another smallish winger over a big strong center. Bourgault has star potential, IMO.

Scott Morrow would be my prospect target from Carolina. I suspect BA would want Kochetkov but I think Carolina would hesitate to give him up.

I actually think Necas is fine as part of the return for the Yotes. He’s young enough. Wonder if top line minutes and coach who’s great with prospects could help him take that long awaited next step.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
I like Bourgault more than Holloway now. Even if it’s another smallish winger over a big strong center. Bourgault has star potential, IMO.

Agreed, I keep forgetting they have him. Adding him would make me more comfortable taking Nemicek at 3 which would probably be smart if we move Chychrun.

Coming out of the 22 draft with
Nemec/Jiricek
Bourgault
Gunether

as our top three prospects would be pretty great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad