Chychrun Megathread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I think Jiricek had excellent mobility. Especially at his size. He can maneuver in small spaces very well. And he can close gaps very very quickly. He just looks ugly doing it. He generates a lot of power very quickly and he’s got a long frame. There are mechanical issues, as he’s pretty choppy. All the ingredients are there for a top skater, IMO. His skating doesn’t worry me at all.

I’d still take Nemec ahead of him. And I’d do it mostly because of Nemec’s skating (and puck skills).

I’d trade Chychrun for any of Nemec, Jiricek or Gauthier.

Id even better willing to take on a negative value contract like JvR to make it happen.
You are way over valuing these picks. Sure they might end up better than Chychrun OR not. I keep the sure thing and not trade Chick for any of the three you just mentioned.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
It was discussed on here for months. It was suggested he was one of the players of four pieces that BA wanted. BA stated months ago he wanted four pieces for Chychrun, and that's when all these trade proposals popped up. Many were adamant we get four pieces. Now all of a sudden we are talking one for one, with that one being a draft pick.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
It was discussed on here for months. It was suggested he was one of the players of four pieces that BA wanted. BA stated months ago he wanted four pieces for Chychrun, and that's when all these trade proposals popped up. Many were adamant we get four pieces. Now all of a sudden we are talking one for one, with that one being a draft pick.
The key word is "wanted". Highly doubtful he was ever part of any package.

You are way over valuing these picks. Sure they might end up better than Chychrun OR not. I keep the sure thing and not trade Chick for any of the three you just mentioned.
It's not exactly certain that Chychrun is a "sure thing", it's now 1 really good season out of 6 with a few decent ones in there.

Reactions: GhostofTommyBolin

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The key word is "wanted". Highly doubtful he was ever part of any package.

It's not exactly certain that Chychrun is a "sure thing", it's now 1 really good season out of 6 with a few decent ones in there.
My point was that there were many deals discussed here with four pieces coming back for Chick, not just from the Panthers. We will find out the true value of Chick very soon.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
My point was that there were many deals discussed here with four pieces coming back for Chick, not just from the Panthers. We will find out the true value of Chick very soon.
That was media hype that imo was driven by Bill feeding Marek whatever info he wanted to get out. If anyone had offered anywhere near the reported ask Chychrun would have been long gone.

Reactions: Mangosteen

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
FWIW, The Fourth Period guys (Pagnotta & Bernstein) on their SiriusXM radio show today were saying it’s less likely they trade Provorov now with a new coach & system coming in.

They also had a Flyers writer on who was saying their priority is a scoring F unless Ellis looks like he’s not going to be able to play in which case they may turn their attention to RD (and used Dumba as an example).

PHI could be really selling low on Provorov, and I don’t see a fit here unless they’re going to be spending so heavily on other players that even besides dumpling JVR, they still need more cap space and the savings of Chychrun vs Provorov and the hoops they’d have to jump through to do it.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
We have 2 blueliners on the Coyotes listed over 200 lbs. One is Timmins...
...so much, for getting big and mean!

Signing Livingstone and keeping Chychrun would solidify the defense.

TheLegend

Hardly Deactivated
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
I can’t believe it’s gone this far…..

B9BB5838-26B9-4E71-B5CE-7463B88AAD03.gif

Reactions: Jakey53

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
To LAK: 31st and Provorov
To PHI: 19th and Chychrun
To ARI: 5th & Durzi & JvR?

For Philly, they save a ton of Cap. Like +8aav?

The Kings upgrade their D and rebalance R to L.

AZ moves way up in the draft and get a very nice younger PP replacement in Durzi that can be kept or flipped.
This frees up nearly enough for Philly to sign Johnny Gaudreau.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Would you rather have Provorov or Chychrun? And assuming it’s Chychrun (and especially if he came with 50% retention for the next 3 years) what else would you add to the package?
I would rather have Provorov.
He is more well-rounded player and do not have injuries concern.
I do not believe 50% retention for the next 3 years of Chychrun has value for Kings
I would add nothing to Chychrun beside Durzi and 19th

• Haha
Reactions: Baby Doaner

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
That was media hype that imo was driven by Bill feeding Marek whatever info he wanted to get out. If anyone had offered anywhere near the reported ask Chychrun would have been long gone.
That's not my point. Posters here were making up deals left right and center that had a 4 for 1, and most were certain Chick was worth that. Now, after the rumors have died down, many are talking one for one, with the one being a draft pick. That is a far cry from the original made up deals. You, I and the rest of the fans have no idea what Chick is worth, but we are going to find out pretty soon. Thank god.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I would rather have Provorov.
He is more well-rounded player and do not have injuries concern.
I do not believe 50% retention for the next 3 years of Chychrun has value for Kings
I would add nothing to Chychrun beside Durzi and 19th

Even if you like Provorov better than Chychrun, I cannot believe, at all, that Provorov @ $6.75M vs Chychrun @ 2.3 is not material to the Kings when they're also planning to pursue some big name forwards by UFA or trade, especially in the flat cap environment we'll be in for the next 2-3 years.

Reactions: Jakey53

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
Even if you like Provorov better than Chychrun, I cannot believe, at all, that Provorov @ $6.75M vs Chychrun @ 2.3 is not material to the Kings when they're also planning to pursue some big name forwards by UFA or trade, especially in the flat cap environment we'll be in for the next 2-3 years.
LA can trade Iafallo to erase this difference
He has some value around the league, but not really needed by Kings now.

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
LA can trade Iafallo to erase this difference
He has some value around the league, but not really needed by Kings now.

I get that, but that's also one player. The $4.5M savings between Provorv and Chychrun would still be very signficant. There's still a lot of players LAK will have to extend this year and next, in addition to players they'd like to add by trade or UFA. So I can't imagine $4.5M in cap not being very valuable.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

sundance74

Oct 13, 2013
North of Puszta
That's not my point. Posters here were making up deals left right and center that had a 4 for 1, and most were certain Chick was worth that. Now, after the rumors have died down, many are talking one for one, with the one being a draft pick. That is a far cry from the original made up deals. You, I and the rest of the fans have no idea what Chick is worth, but we are going to find out pretty soon. Thank god.
But we're now also closer to the draft, where picks now are having higher value. Because we now know where exactly we would pick if we got LA's or OTT's picks...
And furthermore I don't have a problem with people adjusting their expectations during recent months, do you?

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
I get that, but that's also one player. The $4.5M savings between Provorv and Chychrun would still be very signficant. There's still a lot of players LAK will have to extend this year and next, in addition to players they'd like to add by trade or UFA. So I can't imagine $4.5M in cap not being very valuable.
Iafallo’s salary $4M per year can be traded for low draft pick, which should fix the issue
Walker can be traded as well...

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Iafallo’s salary $4M per year can be traded for low draft pick, which should fix the issue
Walker can be traded as well...
Have you considered they could do both and use that Iafallo money to fix another issue?

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Keep Chychrun, snag Johnny Hockey and Slafkovsky. Load up on D in the draft and 3/4 of the rebuild is done. Center and goaltender in the 23 draft

• Haha
Reactions: GhostofTommyBolin

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
But we're now also closer to the draft, where picks now are having higher value. Because we now know where exactly we would pick if we got LA's or OTT's picks...
And furthermore I don't have a problem with people adjusting their expectations during recent months, do you?
I have no problem with people changing their opinions. I just find it kind of funny many were saying Chick was worth four quality pieces because of what BA said, and now it's down to one for one.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Keep Chychrun, snag Johnny Hockey and Slafkovsky. Load up on D in the draft and 3/4 of the rebuild is done. Center and goaltender in the 23 draft

Bottom three is the goal. This can’t happen. No Johnny, no Chychrun, no Slafkovsky, Nemec, Jiricek, Cooley playing meaningful games in 2022-2023.

Another bottom feeding year with players like Ladd and Kassian playing top line minutes

jmelm

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Do explain lol.

Please see posts #8 and #17 of this thread, as it’s been answered there.

I’ve always much preferred Nemec and have concerns about Jiricek’s skating, unless our trainers & medical staff think he has all the physical development potential necessary to improve it, or whether he has physical/structural limitations. That’s what the combine and its medical testing (not fitiness testing) is there to provide insight into.

I would try to get SEA to pass on Nemec (give them a 2nd rounder) so we could draft him if he is the guy they were planning on taking.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
Please see posts #8 and #17 of this thread, as it’s been answered there.

I’ve always much preferred Nemec and have concerns about Jiricek’s skating, unless our trainers & medical staff think he has all the physical development potential necessary to improve it, or whether he has physical/structural limitations. That’s what the combine and its medical testing (not fitiness testing) is there to provide insight into.

I would try to get SEA to pass on Nemec (give them a 2nd rounder) so we could draft him if he is the guy they were planning on taking.

Me personally, I’d go Nemec at 3 and Gauthier at 5, but I know this take is frowned upon here. Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Gold Medal Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,850.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Empoli vs AS Roma
    Empoli vs AS Roma