Chychrun’s Megathread V (poll added)

Will Chychrun Be Traded Before The Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I truly, truly can't understand why Chychrun for Knight hasn't happened?

Bobrovsky has a 10mil deal with four years left and a full no move clause. He was really good last season, and no small reason why they won the President's trophy. They had big issues in the playoffs, but he wasn't one of them. He did his part. Point is, they're stuck with him. Which isn't really the worst thing because he's playing very well.

Knight is a very good, very cheap insurance policy in case Bob has another down-year. I get that. But he's also not going to want to wait around four seasons. Of course, he could take Bob's job and leave them with a 10mil back-up. Sure. But it's not ideal.

Another thing that isn't ideal is having a Top 5 NHL offense and a Bottom 10 (5?) NHL defense. That forward group is epic. And yet their blueline sucks. It doesn't get the same press that Edmonton and Toronto get, but I'd argue it's just as out of balance, if not more so.

Meanwhile, they've got the perfect dump in Hornqvist. He's a rah rah type veteran leader who's had a ton of career success and would be a great character add for our team. But at the same time, he's got a 5.3 million dollar cap hit and he had 11 goals and 28 points last season. Contenders can't afford to keep guys like that around at prices like that.

Chychrun and Prosvetov for Knight, Hornqvist, and a pick/prospect or two seems like a slam dunk for both sides.
At first I hated the idea of a goalie being a large piece of the return, but I could get on board with this now.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
It's hard to take someone's opinion seriously when they're only defense is insults. Very unintelligent. I truly hope that everyone here knows that I value other's opinions. I just like to share mine too. It's fun to debate, it's not fun to argue and I don't look at it that way. I respect everyone here. We are ALL sharing an opinion and I don't think one of us actually believes were right and everyone else is wrong. It's a discussion and that's how we learn new things.

I appreciate that. I hope to be worrying for nothing in the end. I'd like to point out that he has missed giant chunks of games 7 out of 9 seasons. Otherwise I wouldn't worry.
I'm boarding a plane back to the main land but at one point last season I did a breakdown of the time Chychrun had missed. It wasn't significant beyond 1 season, excluding last year. I also didn't hold his rookie season against him. Also keep in mind that 2 of the seasons he has smaller games were shortened, one by 12 games and the other by 26. Yes he's missed time but we're talking about one of the most physically demanding games played in the US. Being high up in Ironman streaks is harder to do than I think most realize as well, I'd bet he's closer to average in games missed than has been "reported" on HFB.

Maybe I'll make a chart when I have free time to compare him to the rest of the league.

Attachments

• FE907A26-AE6F-4DE3-AE01-64168FB1D382.png
    FE907A26-AE6F-4DE3-AE01-64168FB1D382.png
    213.4 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Kai Yo T

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
I truly, truly can't understand why Chychrun for Knight hasn't happened?

Bobrovsky has a 10mil deal with four years left and a full no move clause. He was really good last season, and no small reason why they won the President's trophy. They had big issues in the playoffs, but he wasn't one of them. He did his part. Point is, they're stuck with him. Which isn't really the worst thing because he's playing very well.

Knight is a very good, very cheap insurance policy in case Bob has another down-year. I get that. But he's also not going to want to wait around four seasons. Of course, he could take Bob's job and leave them with a 10mil back-up. Sure. But it's not ideal.

Another thing that isn't ideal is having a Top 5 NHL offense and a Bottom 10 (5?) NHL defense. That forward group is epic. And yet their blueline sucks. It doesn't get the same press that Edmonton and Toronto get, but I'd argue it's just as out of balance, if not more so.

Meanwhile, they've got the perfect dump in Hornqvist. He's a rah rah type veteran leader who's had a ton of career success and would be a great character add for our team. But at the same time, he's got a 5.3 million dollar cap hit and he had 11 goals and 28 points last season. Contenders can't afford to keep guys like that around at prices like that.

Chychrun and Prosvetov for Knight, Hornqvist, and a pick/prospect or two seems like a slam dunk for both sides.
Agreed. Great deal for both sides on that one. I'm still baffled this hasn't happened yet.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Philly wants to flip Prov, it sounds like. I wonder if there is a deal where we trade Chychrun for Ivan and some stuff.

Chychrun and 2023 2nd for Provorov, JVR, 2023 1st, and Gauthier?

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I'm boarding a plane back to the main land but at one point last season I did a breakdown of the time Chychrun had missed. It wasn't significant beyond 1 season, excluding last year. I also didn't hold his rookie season against him. Also keep in mind that 2 of the seasons he has smaller games were shortened, one by 12 games and the other by 26. Yes he's missed time but we're talking about one of the most physically demanding games played in the US. Being high up in Ironman streaks is harder to do than I think most realize as well, I'd bet he's closer to average in games missed than has been "reported" on HFB.

Maybe I'll make a chart when I have free time to compare him to the rest of the league.
I'd enjoy reading what you have. I've posted previously some research I've done about how many games he's missed per season in the NHL and then another one that covers his OHL days. He's missed so many games it's shocking in my opinion.

OHL:
2013-14 Missed 4-6 weeks (vague I know, but that's as detailed I could find)
2014-15 Missed 26 regular season games, plus playoffs, and two tournaments.
2015-16 He played in 62 out of 68 games, missed 6 games. (couldn't find out why, assuming injury but I don't really know.)
NHL:
2016-17 I didn't count his first NHL season in my analysis. Just didn't take the time to research if he started the season with the team. Didn't find any injury reports that season.
2017-18 Missed 32 games.
2018-19 Missed 29 games.
2019-20 Missed 7 games
2020-21 Played all 56 games in a shortened season. Still, the issue is him bing able to play more that 55 games in a season.
2021-22 Missed 35 games.

That's an exceptional amount of missed games and it's still ongoing almost 10 years later.

Reactions: GhostofTommyBolin

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The sound you hear is just the panic on this forum from users who now think Chychrun is worthless because he got a little nicked up in training.

It will be quiet until camp breaks. Anyone with interest will check in on the price and if it is still a premium they either pay up or they wait to see how camp goes and what injuries happen between now and the start of season. There are a few teams who think they have improved but their bluelines remain a red flag. Once that becomes apparent during training camp we may see some rumors pick up again.
Where did you hear he was a little nicked up in training?

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Are we pretending that Chychrun hasn't asked for a trade now? Haha!
No, you’re playing Chicken Little, while I’m merely pointing out a team can be successful with an injury prone player and that said player can have value.
These things should be obvious.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
No, you’re playing Chicken Little, while I’m merely pointing out a team can be successful with an injury prone player and that said player can have value.
These things should be obvious.
Based on your posts you don't like the topics being discussed and you don't contribute anything but insults. Why are you even here?

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Based on your posts you don't like the topics being discussed and you don't contribute anything but insults. Why are you even here?
I like to insult those who are fearful and those that throw every imaginable scenario at the wall, hoping one sticks and they become a hero.
Mostly I look for team news and this venue is always quick to post same.
Trust me, I keep my fingers pretty quiet and it’s not always easy. Feel free to ignore me like our resident chicken shit, if you like.

Reactions: Jakey53

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
I like to insult those who are fearful and those that throw every imaginable scenario at the wall, hoping one sticks and they become a hero.
Mostly I look for team news and this venue is always quick to post same.
Trust me, I mostly keep my fingers quiet and it’s not always easy. Feel free to ignore me like our resident chicken shit, if you like.
I don't need to mute ya to ignore your words of wisdom. Cheers!

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Philly wants to flip Prov, it sounds like. I wonder if there is a deal where we trade Chychrun for Ivan and some stuff.

Chychrun and 2023 2nd for Provorov, JVR, 2023 1st, and Gauthier?
I don't think Chychrun has a ton more value than Provorov.

Chychrun for Provorov, JvR, and Philly's 1st. Then Provorov(30% retained) for Durzi and LA's 1st. Then Durzi to Ottawa for Zaitsev, Brannstrom, and their 1st.

Deal ends up Chychrun for Brannstrom, PHI '23 1st, LAK '23 1st, and OTT '23 1st but we also have to eat JvR, Zaitsev, and 30% of Provorov.

4x 1sts in 2023 is worth it!

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ

Chychrun for Provorov, JvR, and Philly's 1st. Then Provorov(30% retained) for Durzi and LA's 1st. Then Durzi to Ottawa for Zaitsev, Brannstrom, and their 1st.

Deal ends up Chychrun for Brannstrom, PHI '23 1st, LAK '23 1st, and OTT '23 1st but we also have to eat JvR, Zaitsev, and 30% of Provorov.

I'd be very happy if we could work that out. VERY!

cobra427

May 6, 2012
I'd enjoy reading what you have. I've posted previously some research I've done about how many games he's missed per season in the NHL and then another one that covers his OHL days. He's missed so many games it's shocking in my opinion.

OHL:
2013-14 Missed 4-6 weeks (vague I know, but that's as detailed I could find)
2014-15 Missed 26 regular season games, plus playoffs, and two tournaments.
2015-16 He played in 62 out of 68 games, missed 6 games. (couldn't find out why, assuming injury but I don't really know.)
NHL:
2016-17 I didn't count his first NHL season in my analysis. Just didn't take the time to research if he started the season with the team. Didn't find any injury reports that season.
2017-18 Missed 32 games.
2018-19 Missed 29 games.
2019-20 Missed 7 games
2020-21 Played all 56 games in a shortened season. Still, the issue is him bing able to play more that 55 games in a season.
2021-22 Missed 35 games.

That's an exceptional amount of missed games and it's still ongoing almost 10 years later.
Chych has missed more game percentage wise than Hanzal did at the same point in their careers, I did the analysis here some place, no need to do it again. The point is that he is injury prone, way more than most, and that hurts his value. Now we find out he is still rehabbing an injury, anyone surprised?

Jagged Ice

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix

Then combine Ottawa's 1st with LA's 1st to move into the top 10. Imagine having three top ten picks in '23.
Bill Armstrong would immediately get promoted to God.

Reactions: Kai Yo T

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona

I read your zillion trade posts and think you must sit around thinking about these like I used to dream about Star Wars toys around Christmas time when I was a kid. I was more accurate guessing which ones I was going to get though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad