Chychrun’s Megathread V (poll added)

Will Chychrun Be Traded Before The Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
The sound you hear is just the panic on this forum from users who now think Chychrun is worthless because he got a little nicked up in training.

It will be quiet until camp breaks. Anyone with interest will check in on the price and if it is still a premium they either pay up or they wait to see how camp goes and what injuries happen between now and the start of season. There are a few teams who think they have improved but their bluelines remain a red flag. Once that becomes apparent during training camp we may see some rumors pick up again.
Yeah…. I just went with Chicken Little 😂

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
All I read is fear.
Yes, Donnie wanted to skate with us. Hell,
I was playing three years up and Donnie would keep his new mates in line,
If they tried to Jack with me. As for the Champiomship? No idea to be honest, hell we may have won it despite it all!
In closing, I honestly fail to see your “point.”

Chych is like Hanzal all over again. If he is still rehabbing, that night explain why he has not been traded yet at anywhere close to the price BA wants.
Hmmm, best year franchise ever had was with Hanzal as #1 center…. Would just hate for something like that to happen again. 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: YotesFan47

cobra427

May 6, 2012
If they tried to Jack with me. As for the Champiomship? No idea to be honest, hell we may have won it despite it all!

Hmmm, best year franchise ever had was with Hanzal as #1 center…. Would just hate for something like that to happen again. 🤦‍♂️
Smith GAA sub 2 in playoffs, 95% save%. Hanzal played maybe 55 games that season too.

Reactions: Jormungandr

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Rehabbing as a word has multiple interpretations. If you fear the worst and the sky is falling then he's injured again and it's a major setback. If you are optimistic then he has a bump or bruise from training/practicing and it's extremely minor everyday thing.
Morgan has confirmed that it's not your optimistic take. Edit: It's not the sky is falling take either though.

a little nicked up in training.
Again, even after Morgan's confirmation you're still downplaying what was actually reported. Like you refuse to believe it.
it's all in the interpretation of the word "rehabbing" which was outlined several posts before this.
The interpretation doesn't matter. We know he's "surprisingly still rehabbing an injury." All that matters is that he's not 100% healthy, even if he takes the ice day 1.

Edit: Just debating hbk, not meant to be a bitter argument lol.

Last edited:

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ

If you think Hanzal was the reason for that best year ever, then I have several bridges for sale. Discount if you buy more than one.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Morgan has confirmed that it's not your optimistic take. Edit: It's not the sky is falling take either though.

Again, even after Morgan's confirmation you're still downplaying what was actually reported. Like you refuse to believe it.

The interpretation doesn't matter. We know he's "surprisingly still rehabbing an injury." All that matters is that he's not 100% healthy, even if he takes the ice day 1.

Are we concerned about Chychrun not passing his camp physical? Is it that bad? Or is it just a little thing?

It’s not that I don’t acknowledge it. Its just we won’t have a full story until training camp starts so I’m waiting before i pull the panic chord.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Are we concerned about Chychrun not passing his camp physical? Is it that bad? Or is it just a little thing?

It’s not that I don’t acknowledge it. Its just we won’t have a full story until training camp starts so I’m waiting before i pull the panic chord.
I'm speculating based on what we hear just like everyone else, but it doesn't sound like it's serious. I just have a certain level of concern that if he's not done rehabbing this injury he's more likely to either re-injure it, aggravate it, or that it could slow him down, etc. All things that would have some level of negative impact on this whole thing they're trying to do here.

Think what I feel is more of a disgust than panic. I can't get myself to place blame on anyone involved on how this turned out. It just plain sucks lol. It almost feels karmic. I can't be an optimist and a Coyote fan haha!

I'm expecting him to pass the physical and be on the ice day 1 until I hear otherwise, but like you said we'll have to wait and see.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
The whole rehabbing thing could be way overblown. When I was playing I sprained an ancle pretty bad. I rehabbed that F'er for a year and a half. Still played on it and it didn't really affect my play after a month but it was still something that took forever to fully heal. For all we know, this is a similar situation. Let's not overblow things until we have confirmation.

I'm not in any way concerned about the value we'll get for Chychrun, BA has a track record of extracting good value, albeit a short one. We have 3 years to make a trade, and while we lose some value due to the contract getting smaller, the easier it'll be to retain the smaller the contract gets. As long as Chychrun doesn't fall apart as a player we're fine.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
The whole rehabbing thing could be way overblown. When I was playing I sprained an ancle pretty bad. I rehabbed that F'er for a year and a half. Still played on it and it didn't really affect my play after a month but it was still something that took forever to fully heal. For all we know, this is a similar situation. Let's not overblow things until we have confirmation.

I'm not in any way concerned about the value we'll get for Chychrun, BA has a track record of extracting good value, albeit a short one. We have 3 years to make a trade, and while we lose some value due to the contract getting smaller, the easier it'll be to retain the smaller the contract gets. As long as Chychrun doesn't fall apart as a player we're fine.
I had a similar issue this past year and i was functional but still saw my physio once a month for 6 months.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
As long as Chychrun doesn't fall apart as a player we're fine.
That's my concern. I would not wager $10,000 on Chychrun playng a full season. Past history says that's a very risky bet. Not saying you're wrong, and anything is possible, just that the odds are concerning to me.

Would you put $10k of your own money on that bet? (If you're a millionaire or losing that kind of money isn't a problem, don't say yes just because of that haha!)

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017

Get off your knees, even Morgan doesn’t roll that way.

Are we pretending that Chychrun hasn't asked for a trade now? Haha!
This post equals the blatant stupidity of GTB’s. Chicken Little crowd really is delusional!

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
That's my concern. I would not wager $10,000 on Chychrun playng a full season. Past history says that's a very risky bet. Not saying you're wrong, and anything is possible, just that the odds are concerning to me.

Would you put $10k of your own money on that bet? (If you're a millionaire or losing that kind of money isn't a problem, don't say yes just because of that haha!)
He's an NHL hockey player, I'd bet against him playing 100% of the season because I'd make that bet against 100% of NHL players. I don't view injuries as something to frown on unless they are missing giant chunks every season, which he hasn't. I'd be more concerned if I thought he were done developing too, I think he's got another few seasons where he gets better, making his deal against missed time still valuable.

If he's 40+ points and solid on 200 feet of ice this year, even if he misses 20 games, he's got oodles of value IMO.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
He's an NHL hockey player, I'd bet against him playing 100% of the season because I'd make that bet against 100% of NHL players. I don't view injuries as something to frown on unless they are missing giant chunks every season, which he hasn't. I'd be more concerned if I thought he were done developing too, I think he's got another few seasons where he gets better, making his deal against missed time still valuable.

If he's 40+ points and solid on 200 feet of ice this year, even if he misses 20 games, he's got oodles of value IMO.
This opinion is logical and makes sense because you aren’t overblowing the negative and are cognizant of the positive.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
It's hard to take someone's opinion seriously when their only defense is insults. Very unintelligent. I truly hope that everyone here knows that I value other's opinions. I just like to share mine too. It's fun to debate, it's not fun to argue and I don't look at it that way. I respect everyone here. We are ALL sharing an opinion and I don't think one of us actually believes were right and everyone else is wrong. It's a discussion and that's how we learn new things.

I appreciate that. I hope to be worrying for nothing in the end. I'd like to point out that he has missed giant chunks of games 7 out of 9 seasons. Otherwise I wouldn't worry.

Last edited:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I truly, truly can't understand why Chychrun for Knight hasn't happened?

Bobrovsky has a 10mil deal with four years left and a full no move clause. He was really good last season, and no small reason why they won the President's trophy. They had big issues in the playoffs, but he wasn't one of them. He did his part. Point is, they're stuck with him. Which isn't really the worst thing because he's playing very well.

Knight is a very good, very cheap insurance policy in case Bob has another down-year. I get that. But he's also not going to want to wait around four seasons. Of course, he could take Bob's job and leave them with a 10mil back-up. Sure. But it's not ideal.

Another thing that isn't ideal is having a Top 5 NHL offense and a Bottom 10 (5?) NHL defense. That forward group is epic. And yet their blueline sucks. It doesn't get the same press that Edmonton and Toronto get, but I'd argue it's just as out of balance, if not more so.

Meanwhile, they've got the perfect dump in Hornqvist. He's a rah rah type veteran leader who's had a ton of career success and would be a great character add for our team. But at the same time, he's got a 5.3 million dollar cap hit and he had 11 goals and 28 points last season. Contenders can't afford to keep guys like that around at prices like that.

Chychrun and Prosvetov for Knight, Hornqvist, and a pick/prospect or two seems like a slam dunk for both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad