Chychrun’s Megathread V (poll added)

Will Chychrun Be Traded Before The Season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I know, I simply ask how, if playoffs are the real reason why Ottawa? They finished behind Columbus last year and the division isn't getting easier.
Well they are an up and coming team who just added Debrincet and Giroux. Maybe he’s optimistic. Agent knows he has to get a team involved who has the assets/prospects/Draft picks if he wants to try to play matchmaker.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Well they are an up and coming team who just added Debrincet and Giroux. Maybe he’s optimistic. Agent knows he has to get a tram involved who has the assets/prospects/Draft picks if he wants to try to play matchmaker.
I get all of that. My question was for the folks who felt he would turn down a trade where the team isn't a playoff team. Ottawa is that team so it kinda questions that thought.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I get all of that. My question was for the folks who felt he would turn down a trade where the team isn't a playoff team. Ottawa is that team so it kinda questions that thought.
Maybe he likes the city of Ottawa better than Columbus.

I dont think the cup favorite teams up against the cap are an option.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Family i believe has a cabin nearby and they spend their summers there. In fact I believe Chychrun is there right now.
People doubting Ottawa (whoever these people are) need to pay closer attention. Methot and Garrioch and (I believe Morgan) all said that Chychrun was cool on Ottawa initially but warmed up. Like everyone else. They made big splashes and their stock is rising.

Columbus made a big splash, too. But those talks were dead beforehand. The Ottawa stuff seems more recent.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
People doubting Ottawa (whoever these people are) need to pay closer attention. Methot and Garrioch and (I believe Morgan) all said that Chychrun was cool on Ottawa initially but warmed up. Like everyone else. They made big splashes and their stock is rising.

Columbus made a big splash, too. But those talks were dead beforehand. The Ottawa stuff seems more recent.
And Columbus big splash came after Chychrun torpedoed the deal.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Morgan has been an unofficial team mouthpiece for like a decade why are people pretending his rumors/news are equivalent to an Eklund tweet?

I don't particularly like Morgan precisely because I wish he'd go out on a limb more than he does.

Like it's fine if you don't wanna believe it I guess but maybe quit harping on it lol.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Morgan has been an unofficial team mouthpiece for like a decade why are people pretending his rumors/news are equivalent to an Eklund tweet?

I don't particularly like Morgan precisely because I wish he'd go out on a limb more than he does.

Like it's fine if you don't wanna believe it I guess but maybe quit harping on it lol.
Here he finally gives us something outside of the normal and people turn up their nose.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Maybe he likes the city of Ottawa better than Columbus.

I dont think the cup favorite teams up against the cap are an option.
I wrote about him liking Ottawa and having Family in the area weeks ago. It wasn't me who said he would only take a trade to a playoff team, it's your guy who did. It's apparent I'm on the blocked list but you could easily read it a page back.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I wrote about him liking Ottawa and having Family in the area weeks ago. It wasn't me who said he would only take a trade to a playoff team, it's your guy who did. It's apparent I'm on the blocked list but you could easily read it a page back.
Where did i claim he would only go to a playoff team? You are connecting dots but not all of them are stuff i presented.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
So you replied to my post because u wanted rt. This feels like high school dating and i’m not interested.
Ah no, I put a reply on its own after rt's post. You chose to reply to me and we are discussing it. Isn't that what you said a forum was for a day or 2 ago? Abd I don't "want" anyone, simply asking questions.

Reactions: hbk

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
That's what I'd say seems most likely since Chychrun has stayed so quiet throughout all of this, BA too. Still, even though I don't think he would sit out, the only thing that puts it completely to rest for me is him showing up to training camp. Once we get there I'll move on to worrying about his production and health instead haha!
The only real noise is heard right here. :laugh:

Reactions: Jakey53

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

Seems to me it's just an offshoot of a more general malaise of believing that the press are inherent liars.

Paradoxically, Morgan is the absolute last guy to post rumors - in fact, I've always considered that if Morgan weighs in on a Coyotes topic, it's already been rumored and discussed heavily elsewhere and the team is simply comfortable with providing backdoor confirmation. But Craig doesn't post anything unfounded or speculative because he knows he's in the access journalism biz and he doesn't want to piss off anyone in the franchise to the point that he loses his income.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Chychrun to be part of media day. :laugh:

:popcorn:
I'm factoring that into my "Chychrun is here til the TDL" opinion. Obviously, as expected they're going about business as usual here and it doesn't mean a trade won't happen before media day. Still, makes me thing that nothing serious is in the works. Could also be BA posturing, saying "he's here unless you pay up!"

We'll see!

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I'm factoring that into my "Chychrun is here til the TDL" opinion. Obviously, as expected they're going about business as usual here and it doesn't mean a trade won't happen before media day. Still, makes me thing that nothing serious is in the works. Could also be BA posturing, saying "he's here unless you pay up!"

We'll see!
Could also be this entire thing has been escalated to the point of absurdity on this forum.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Hasn't been much of anything else to speculate about and it is a pretty major topic regarding the future of the team. I don't have an issue with it.
It’s akin to reading the National inquirer in that the weak minded start to believe whatever bs is written, to be fact.
Amusing to witness though.

Reactions: Jakey53

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
My prediction:

He starts the season here, has a decent first month, but tapers off by American Thanksgiving because of a nagging injury obtained from an innocuous play. Gets hurt again more seriously early in 2023, thereby making him immovable at the deadline. Plays a little in late March. Gets dealt on draft day for 2 2nds, a 3rd, and a player that was a former late 1st-rounder but has 14 points in 107 career games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad