Church of Rasmus Dahlin

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
They Call Him The Swedish Jesus

We know he was 2nd for all time points scored by an 18 year old defenseman (and snubbed for the Calder), but how does he compare to those a little older?

19 and under
https://www.hockey-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&season_start=1&season_end=2&rookie=N&age_min=18&age_max=19&pos=D&is_playoffs=N&threshhold=5&order_by=goals

Even here, Dahlin ranks 10th, with Housley ahead of him twice on the list.

20 and under
https://www.hockey-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&season_start=1&season_end=3&rookie=N&age_min=18&age_max=20&pos=D&is_playoffs=N&threshhold=5&order_by=goals

A respectable four way tie for 39th (keep in mind some repeats). 10 pts away from 17th.

21 and under
https://www.hockey-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&season_start=1&season_end=-1&rookie=N&age_min=18&age_max=21&pos=D&is_playoffs=N&threshhold=5&order_by=goals

Drops to a seven way tie for 70th, by now some are on the list three times. 10 pts away from 35th.

22 and under
Player Season Finder | Hockey-Reference.com

Doesn't appear for some reason but would be nine way tie for 104. I'll stop here, I think his 18 year old season speaks for itself.

Two games in and Dahlin paces the team with 4 pts (1 + 3).

Scored this beauty:

Mans even got Okposo a goal:

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Do we want to compare his draft +2 year to Heiskanen’s draft +2 year or keep pretending Miro is better with an advantage and still not matching up?

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I believe!

Srsly though, I feel like people around the league are just kinda waiting for when he gets really good.. and that time might already be here. It's 2 games, I'm sure we'll see warts at some point- but he could also go ppg this year. At 19. I'm not kidding, I'm not exaggerating. He could, COULD, do it. Bro. Dude is gonna be unreal. That move against the Pens was just a grown talent's goal, doesn't look amazing because it's just brilliant in it's design and simplicity. Like, you know it works in that situation, boom, easy.

All that said.. one of those assists was a gift from Eichel and Olofsson, dunno if Dahlin was even still on the ice by the time it went in :laugh:. They all count though. KO's goal is a good example of Dahlin's stellar play though- throw a fake, change the angle, take the shot- that's the modern NHL and Dahlin's doin it damned well.

Reactions: cgf and Dominance

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
Do we want to compare his draft +2 year to Heiskanen’s draft +2 year or keep pretending Miro is better with an advantage and still not matching up?

Compare his D+1 to Miro D+2 and I take Dahlin. Compare their 19 year old seasons and it will be a bloodbath pts wise. Could literally double Heiskanen.

Oh this should get good. Subbing

Anytime

Reactions: Hustlr

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
Does he really have three assists? I know NHL.com says 0+3 vs. Devils but I only remember two.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
4 points in two games and a plus 4.
You can see teams backing up already when he starts skating the puck up the ice. Best play he made all night was calmly breaking up a 3 on one.
Ice in his veins.

GOALOFSSON

Game Changer
Jun 6, 2018
Aspland
You can see teams backing up already when he starts skating the puck up the ice. Best play he made all night was calmly breaking up a 3 on one.
Ice in his veins.

I was gonna put that in put that in, is there a gif for it?

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
This kid is a beast. Norris caliber Defenseman for years to come, Buffalo is so fortunate to have him.

Reactions: Mitts888

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Dahlin is the next great defenseman after Lidstrom.

We've had a bunch of pretty good guys since then, but no one that truly dominated for an extended period of time. I think this will be it. Crazy talented and he can do everything on the ice.

Reactions: Mitts888

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Ice in his veins.

Yeah, that was an incredible defensive play. He could break out in a big way this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00