Post-Game Talk: Christmas graduates again

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
I wouldn’t fault Connor if he were trashing the lockeroom right now and basically having a mental breakdown. This team is so frustrating to watch.

This team isn’t going anywhere without some movement. Chia needs to do something or be fired. Maybe it’s even time to call up Benson or something. Jones looks good, I wanna see more of the young guys get a look and maybe score some damn goals.

If they miss the playoffs again, I hope McDavid punches Nicholson in the f***ing face if he even mumbles the word “patience” to him in his season exit interview.

Reactions: BlackDogg

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
Just can't do anything with 3 of their Top 4 dmen out. They looked lost AF in the first.

Koskinen (Sv% .333 tonight) lost that magic touch and has looked good only ONCE in the last 5 starts.

Thought Nuge looked pretty good. Even Hitch decided to double shift him more often.

Jones looked steady again.

At least, Kariya is back next game after timeout in the corner for 2 games.

Hope Cy Young Chiasson is okay. We can't have our sniper out too.

Reactions: Oilhawks

space321

May 11, 2011
I've seen this before. Players like:
Rattie
Spooner
Zykov
Reider
Brodziak
Benning
Wideman
Garrison

All these subpar players just making their last stops in the NHL. Plugs that you end up seeing on some random overseas team in a couple years.

I love how people continue to pinpoint the blame on fringe/low tier players.

Those players you list are either on 1 year contracts that we can easily cut loose from (Zykov/Rattie/Garrison), or are actually decent but being played above their weight class (like Benning and Brodziak).

The problem with this team stems from guys like Spooner/Lucic/Kassian, players who have term AND high cap hits but aren't contributing shit.

If Rieder busts for us it's no big deal because he's gone. If Rattie sucks he's gone. If Lucic sucks he's here for 4 more years.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
If they miss the playoffs again, I hope McDavid punches Nicholson in the ****ing face if he even mumbles the word “patience” to him in his season exit interview.
There is no doubt now McDavid knows this organization is a complete joke. How long he puts up with it is another thing.

Reactions: McFuhryous

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
At least Chiarelli being around means I have one thing I can talk about with my ignorant white trash family over the holidays.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Yeah, I don't really care what "3/4 of the board" thought. I thought he was one of our best D last year as well. He's worth more to us than Eberle at 6 million (who we apparently offloaded for him).
I’ve always liked him too, don’t get me wrong. Didn’t hear we offloaded Eberle for him. But injuries happen to all teams . We just don’t have the depth to sustain any, other than a game or two.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
I was really hoping this team could squeak by with a .500 record with the injuries on the backend.

Nurse and Larsson really haven't played well together.

Lucic should be the next guy getting some pressbox time.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Shameless repost:

This team does not have the depth to withstand any injuries, let alone have 3 NHL D out. If Russell isn't coming back in the next game or two they need to make a trade for an NHL D before the season is lost. And call up Yams and Benson and waive someone.

Key players missing tonight (and it shows):

Klefbom
Russell
Sekera
Khaira
Chiasson
Caggiula

Team has like 5 or 6 NHL forwards and 2 NHL D in the game. :surrender:scared::facepalm:

4x4 is one of the most valuable players to this team. Suck it haters.

THere is something called the Cap. One of the rules of the cap is your not allowed to exceed it. Also when waiving a player you can only hide XXX$'s

Oilers are full of shit players. Nobody will trade shit for good unless your Chia then you would bend over for them.

SO yeah the Oilers are a trash team and will be for the foreseeable future

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
disagree

Lowe/MacT/Howson will be back running the show and nothing will change IMO

giphy.gif

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
How can a goalie that is about 6’10” on skates continuously let in goals over his shoulders?

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Stop trying to save Chiarelli from the embarrassment and just sit lucic. He is complete trash. I am certain we have players in the AHL better than him.

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
Like i said before Larsson hasn't been playing the best lately but it looks like he's trying to over compensate for Nurse because Nurse is playing WAY over his head. We have no one else to take Klef's place so Nurse is playing way too many minutes and Larsson has to try and cover for Nurse's gaffs which in turn makes Larsson look like garbage too.

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
I love how people continue to pinpoint the blame on fringe/low tier players.

Those players you list are either on 1 year contracts that we can easily cut loose from (Zykov/Rattie/Garrison), or are actually decent but being played above their weight class (like Benning and Brodziak).

The problem with this team stems from guys like Spooner/Lucic/Kassian, players who have term AND high cap hits but aren't contributing ****.

If Rieder busts for us it's no big deal because he's gone. If Rattie sucks he's gone. If Lucic sucks he's here for 4 more years.
The main, long-term, problem I;m seeing with this team is the long list of players that we never drafted or developed. Bunch of randoms that are guaranteed to not be in the league in a couple years. Meanwhile, good teams are actually developing their prospects into at least decent 3rd or 4th line players.

Yes, in addition players like Kassian and Looch aren't doing shit (this team can have more than one problem). But the constant I'm seeing is a poor foundation made of scrubs.

This team will only be saved through internal development. Players like Yamo, Bear, Jones, Benson, McLeod, Maksimov, Samarukov, and Bouchard are our only real hope of becoming a good team.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
THere is something called the Cap. One of the rules of the cap is your not allowed to exceed it. Also when waiving a player you can only hide XXX$'s

Oilers are full of **** players. Nobody will trade **** for good unless your Chia then you would bend over for them.

SO yeah the Oilers are a trash team and will be for the foreseeable future

Huh, where did I say anything about the player costing more than the $$$ we have with Sekera on LTIR (and presumably Russell as well if his injury is actually worse to keep him out longer)? Or they could attach a pick and clear cap (ugh) with the trade or in a separate one.

If it's so hopeless, why do you even bother?

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
The shitty thing is, Chiarelli has had his noose loosened a bit because of the injuries on D. They were rolling up until they lost Klefbom and Russell. If they weren’t injured and the team still looked like trash these last four games, then there’d maybe be some action.

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Like i said before Larsson hasn't been playing the best lately but it looks like he's trying to over compensate for Nurse because Nurse is playing WAY over his head. We have no one else to take Klef's place so Nurse is playing way too many minutes and Larsson has to try and cover for Nurse's gaffs which in turn makes Larsson look like garbage too.

No Larson is playing so far out of his weight class its not even funny. Actually it is funny since people can't see that

Reactions: harpoon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad