Post-Game Talk: Christmas graduates again

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
McDavid trade request coming after this year if Chia isn’t fired. He’s had enough. Can tell by his reactions.

Reactions: Oilers in NS

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Shameless repost:

This team does not have the depth to withstand any injuries, let alone have 3 NHL D out. If Russell isn't coming back in the next game or two they need to make a trade for an NHL D before the season is lost. And call up Yams and Benson and waive someone.

Key players missing tonight (and it shows):

Klefbom
Russell
Sekera
Khaira
Chiasson
Caggiula

Team has like 5 or 6 NHL forwards and 2 NHL D in the game. :surrender:scared::facepalm:

4x4 is one of the most valuable players to this team. Suck it haters.

Last year, 3/4 of this board wanted Russell cut loose for nothing. Now, he’a a key player?

space321

May 11, 2011
29 and 97 with over 27 minutes each in a regulation game, they're gonna get run to the ground at this rate

this team has no depth, puljujarvi still should be in the AHL to develop, and the 'identity line' shouldn't get anywhere over 10 minutes per game...

we picked up zykov and played him 6 minutes lol

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
We are really close to blowing the season guys. I hate to be a sky is falling guy, but this team has about 6-7 NHL guys surrounded by 15-17 guys who arguably shouldn't be full-time NHL'ers.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
The Canucks are terrible and we’ve managed to lose to them twice.

No depth anywhere. Koskinen coming back down to earth. A 21 year old rookie defenceman is looking better than established NHLers regularly.

Only positive is if we lose ten in a row maybe Chia finally gets shit canned.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
Koskinen, Nurse, Benning and Larsson had bad games.
I give koskinen a benefit since he as been well. Nurse is being overplayed because of injuries. Benning should not be on the team regardless. Larsson did and it is not good to see. Our defenders who are "veteran" did not help.

Reactions: Multigrain

MikeGrier99

May 20, 2017
Oiler fans have it rough. It's just getting to that point where you don't know what to say.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Have you heard there's something called the Cap?

An dbeing the most "Valuable" player on a bottom 5 teams isn't exactly anything special

What are you even on about? Those are players that are positive contributors to this team and fit under the cap. If you mean Russell specifically, I'll put the question back to you. Who do you sign for 4 million that has been as consistent an NHL D as him?

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The Canucks are terrible and we’ve managed to lose to them twice.

No depth anywhere. Koskinen coming back down to earth. A 21 year old rookie defenceman is looking better than established NHLers regularly.

Only positive is if we lose ten in a row maybe Chia finally gets **** canned.
Doubtful

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I give koskinen a benefit since he as been well. Nurse is being overplayed because of injuries. Benning should not be on the team regardless. Larsson did and it is not good to see. Our defenders who are "veteran" did not help.
Nurse has been terrible for like 6 straight games and it's dragging Larsson down.

Reactions: MettleMcOiler

space321

May 11, 2011
4x4 is one of the most valuable players to this team. Suck it haters.

i honestly do not see us improving that much with Russell back, at most it just bumps benning/gravel down a spot which is nice but nothing too important

klefbom is the key because he's actually a quality top pairing D, he drags Larsson with him and bumps down Nurse

Reactions: Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
Last year, 3/4 of this board wanted Russell cut loose for nothing. Now, he’a a key player?

Yeah, I don't really care what "3/4 of the board" thought. I thought he was one of our best D last year as well. He's worth more to us than Eberle at 6 million (who we apparently offloaded for him).

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I just came back from skydiving 15000 ft but it it still pales in comparison to anxiety I feel when I see Chiarelli still a GM, that atrocious D, the fans justifying anyones play outside the big 3, and making excuses by blaming refs.

The collapse is in full gear again. This is a bad hockey team.
don't worry, things will change once Chia is fired...

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
What are you even on about? Those are players that are positive contributors to this team and fit under the cap. If you mean Russell specifically, I'll put the question back to you. Who do you sign for 4 million that has been as consistent an NHL D as him?

I would guess you cant read your own posts.

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
i honestly do not see us improving that much with Russell back, at most it just bumps benning/gravel down a spot which is nice but nothing too important

klefbom is the key because he's actually a quality top pairing D, he drags Larsson with him and bumps down Nurse

100% agree. Klefbom is probably the 2nd or 3rd most important player on this team. Every time he's out this team is a complete disaster. Russell might just help stop the bleeding in the meantime by taking down Nurse's and Larsson's minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad