Player Discussion Christian Jaros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Brann hasn’t been skating - he’s setup to clear waivers and wait for an injury ?

DrSense

Oct 4, 2017
I also think he's an NHL D, and the only D we have under 25 that is physical, plays with an edge and a potential good compliment on the right side to a Chabot, Sanderson and Brannstrom longer term. Kleven is still a project and probably 5 years away from taking a spot like that. I'm disappointed Jaros didn't get a better look this camp, as he seems to be on the Belleville squad from the get go.

The only answer to me is Josh Brown. Big, plays physical and on the right side. Fills the same type of complimentary physical role that Jaros would now. And we have a lot of bodies with Gudbranson and Coburn in particular here now. Clearly DJ sees Brown as a big upgrade over a Jaros and also knows him as a person and player well from Oshawa, so I basically see DJ has opted for prioritizing ice for Brown over Jaros. Contract makes it easier to do that too. I think Jaros is considerably better skater and handler of the puck in general, but Brown's simpler more predictable and established game is the safer bet in the NHL this season. Jaros has more upside, but more risk in his development too. If Brown plays well this year though, then losing Jaros on waivers will be disappointing, but something that it's easy to move on from I suppose.

I still hope we don't lose him, because our NHL depth on D next year is basically Chabot, Zaitsev, Brown, Brannstrom and Wolanin. A few other options there perhaps if Zub works out, Lajoie and perhaps a couple of the kids (JBD, JS, LS), but we will need more bodies after the UFA purge that will occur this summer.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Christian Jaros will be one of the first casualties of this vast veterans injection.

I would have rather seen Jaros on the 3rd pair RD than either Gudbranson or Josh Brown and keep the pick for further needs.

Hope he goes on waivers, gets claimed and find a niche for a few years. I think he can play 3rd pairing RD. DJ Smith didn't seem to like him for some reason.

Reactions: Wallet Inspector

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
I doubt he gets claimed. His time with the club is mostly done, unfortunately.
I hope adding Josh Brown makes sense.
Coburn will be a taxi squad regular.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I don't see him becoming a stud, maybe a useful player with some confidence but he's almost 25, and hasn't really shown flashes of being more than a bottom pair guy. All the tools but never put it together...

He's looked great in the AHL and played on an NHL team where even Chabot didn't look that good. I think there's still an NHLer there with top 4 upside. Hopefully another team gives him a legitimate chance.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He's looked great in the AHL and played on an NHL team where even Chabot didn't look that good. I think there's still an NHLer there with top 4 upside. Hopefully another team gives him a legitimate chance.
I agree he looked really good in the AHL, but so dod Boro, i think he's an NHL player, could be a goid bottom pair guy imo, maybe slide up to the 2nd pair in a pinch, but i don't see him as a stud is all. Hope I'm wrong because I've been rooting for him to figure it out.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

He has been in NA for three seasons now, I don’t know that his game has made any significant strides in that time, his game is was still erratic in last viewings. He was a secondary role player in Belleville last season, at the age of 24 Im not sure he has that much room to grow.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
He has been in NA for three seasons now, I don’t know that his game has made any significant strides in that time, his game is was still erratic in last viewings. He was a secondary role player in Belleville last season, at the age of 24 Im not sure he has that much room to grow.

It's interesting who the board grabs onto. I agree on your take, not much room to grow, several injuries away from dressing. But some guys here think he's got top 4 potential. Meanwhile I'm seeing starting lineups posted with Tierney on the sidelines. Makes no sense to me

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I've never understood the Jaros hype.

Oddly enough he rarely displays that physicality in the NHL. Not sure why.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I've never understood the Jaros hype.

Oddly enough he rarely displays that physicality in the NHL. Not sure why.

6ft 4 220 pounds, can skate, can hit, can pass, can shoot

I also think he's got decent hockey iq. Sure there's nothing elite there, but the package is pretty great. Only got to play 13 nhl games last year after being +20 in 34 ahl games. A good coach can get a lot out of him, even if its from the bottom pair.

easily better than guys like Claesson and boro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad