Confirmed with Link: Chris Wideman to EDM for a Cond. 6th in 2020.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Are you a witch?

giphy.gif

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
I think he can move the puck.

While I was skimming through the Ottawa board during the Karlsson/Hoffman fiasco, I got the sense that Wideman's a *****ebag.

ya, wasn't that him in the front seat of he uber. if so, he does seem like a s*** disturber and a bit dou***y. last thing we need is a guy who'll be like a virus spreading dissention amongst the group if Hitch is being hard on the guys and we hit a tough skid.

what were they saying about him?

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I think he can move the puck.

While I was skimming through the Ottawa board during the Karlsson/Hoffman fiasco, I got the sense that Wideman's a *****ebag.

The one thing I would keep in mind is that initially during that fiasco, Karlsson was thought to be a saint and Hoffman was a douchebag. Who knows if that was actually the case. There was some rumours out there that maybe Karlsson wasnt as innocent as once thought. The whole thing has seemed to kind of fade away. We will probably never know the true story. One thing though is that it seems so far this year, Hoffmans been more productive than Karlsson. You would think if Hoffman had a guilty conscious that maybe he would of struggled a bit more. Maybe he just doesnt care though.

I know nothing about Wideman though.

North

Jun 25, 2009
ya, wasn't that him in the front seat of he uber. if so, he does seem like a s*** disturber and a bit dou***y. last thing we need is a guy who'll be like a virus spreading dissention amongst the group if Hitch is being hard on the guys and we hit a tough skid.

Not to be harsh but Ottawa clearly has some dressing room issues that I don't think Edmonton has.

Also, I imagine being embarrassed like that has taught him a lesson he won't soon forget.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I don't get it either. He signed as a UFA, maybe 4 mil is a bit too much, I personally think he earns every paycheck.

He sacrifices himself to no end. Kris definitely deserves more respect around here.

Honestly I think Russells been worth the 4mil contract this year. I just dont like the term of the deal. Was too long imo. I also just think Chiarelli could of got him for less when it was well known that Russell wanted to stay in Alberta. But then again when you see the guy put it on the line every night and it seems like he never complains about anything ... maybe he should just get paid (but hopefully not for 4 years long).

Reactions: RegDunlop

North

Jun 25, 2009
Same number of points this year and Widemans -9 was the worst on the sens dcore.

Well we'll just have to see. Maybe Wideman works in Hitch's system better.

I just know Hitch's first viewing of Benning was not a positive one. The f bomb on that one play is not something I'll soon forget.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
The one thing I would keep in mind is that initially during that fiasco, Karlsson was thought to be a saint and Hoffman was a *****ebag. Who knows if that was actually the case. There was some rumours out there that maybe Karlsson wasnt as innocent as once thought. The whole thing has seemed to kind of fade away. We will probably never know the true story. One thing though is that it seems so far this year, Hoffmans been more productive than Karlsson. You would think if Hoffman had a guilty conscious that maybe he would of struggled a bit more. Maybe he just doesnt care though.

I know nothing about Wideman though.

This is true, and I suppose rather unfair of me to just lambast him like that. We're a team devoid of offensive talent on the right side. If he can provide this on a fresh start, I think I should afford some time to form some own opinions on the guy.

Then again, getting traded and being in an environment where everyone else is bought in and Hitch is your task master might make put you in a different frame of mind.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Not to be harsh but Ottawa clearly has some dressing room issues that I don't think Edmonton has.

Also, I imagine being embarrassed like that has taught him a lesson he won't soon forget.

ya, they definitely had some dressing room issues. i just don't like it when players go and have a gossip fest like the uber incident (warranted or not). it does nothing to help the team. if anything it pulls the team apart in that there becomes a disconnect between the coaches and players. if you're not happy with the coach and what he's doing, go confront him and talk to him. immature to do what they did.

i hope he learned his lesson. we don't need that kid of attitude here, especially with a tough and demanding coach at the helm now who will upset the players from time to time. we need cohesion and discipline.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Seems like a minor upgrade on Benning at best but if this gets Benning out of the lineup for good, I'm ok with it.
Chia really nibbling around the corners the last 2 seasons.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
This is true, and I suppose rather unfair of me to just lambast him like that. We're a team devoid of offensive talent on the right side. If he can provide this on a fresh start, I think I should afford some time to form some own opinions on the guy.

Then again, getting traded and being in an environment where everyone else is bought in and Hitch is your task master might make put you in a different frame of mind.

hopefully. i'm definitely willing to give the guy a chance but he better be a good teammate and student and behave himself and not be any kind of a Grima Wormtongue.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Well we'll just have to see. Maybe Wideman works in Hitch's system better.

I just know Hitch's first viewing of Benning was not a positive one. The f bomb on that one play is not something I'll soon forget.
Maybe Benning will work better in Hitchcock’s system too?

Don’t get me wrong, no issues with trading a 6th for a reclamation project, but I wouldn’t be so quick to just say he’s an instant upgrade over benning and bennings never going to play again.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Wondering if this means that Garrison is going to get traded or waived. He hasnt played much lately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad