Confirmed with Link: Chris Wideman to EDM for a Cond. 6th in 2020.

North

Jun 25, 2009
ya, they definitely had some dressing room issues. i just don't like it when players go and have a gossip fest like the uber incident (warranted or not). it does nothing to help the team. if anything it pulls the team apart in that there becomes a disconnect between the coaches and players. if you're not happy with the coach and what he's doing, go confront him and talk to him. immature to do what they did.

i hope he learned his lesson. we don't need that kid of attitude here, especially with a tough and demanding coach at the helm now who will upset the players from time to time. we need cohesion and discipline.

To be fair it's probably not as rare as we think for players to rip coaches when they are talking amongst themselves. It just doesn't get publicized.

This one did because the Uber driver was a douche.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Maybe Benning will work better in Hitchcock’s system too?

Don’t get me wrong, no issues with trading a 6th for a reclamation project, but I wouldn’t be so quick to just say he’s an instant upgrade over benning and bennings never going to play again.

I don't know that Benning is salvageable but we'll see.

North

Jun 25, 2009
One shift was all Hitchcock needed to see of Benning.

QFn7H81.gif

Yup that's was the f bomb.

Benning was perhaps the worst player on the ice for the Oil that game.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
The one thing I would keep in mind is that initially during that fiasco, Karlsson was thought to be a saint and Hoffman was a *****ebag. Who knows if that was actually the case. There was some rumours out there that maybe Karlsson wasnt as innocent as once thought. The whole thing has seemed to kind of fade away. We will probably never know the true story. One thing though is that it seems so far this year, Hoffmans been more productive than Karlsson. You would think if Hoffman had a guilty conscious that maybe he would of struggled a bit more. Maybe he just doesnt care though.

I know nothing about Wideman though.

The thing I hated about that incident besides the fact the Uber driver is a asshole, is this literally happens all the time and everywhere in society. Ppl talk shit about their coaches, teachers, co- workers, bosses, family, etc etc etc. It's almost never meant to hurt or embarrass anyone. This was a completely nothing incident and a big learning experience for all those in that cab and for other players to be more aware when in public.

I don't view any of the guys in that cab any differently. If coaches or management were really offended they need to get a grip and move on because we all know they've all done the same too.

New team, clean slate. Welcome Chris Wideman.

o7

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
So for our cap/roster experts...a few posters were discussing if the Oilers are over the roster limit. When do they need to be compliant, prior to the game tomorrow, by 12:00 midnight EST tonight, noon EST tomorrow?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Not disliking this one. Especially if it removes Benning from the lineup. But I hope it doesn't remove Gravel from the lineup and it shouldn't.

lol at the Hitchcock reaction. More puzzled, than anything how Benning has been in an NHL lineup so long. Quick learner this Hitchcock.

Assuming this is what it means. (hopefully)

Missing smitty

Oct 1, 2018
ya, they definitely had some dressing room issues. i just don't like it when players go and have a gossip fest like the uber incident (warranted or not). it does nothing to help the team. if anything it pulls the team apart in that there becomes a disconnect between the coaches and players. if you're not happy with the coach and what he's doing, go confront him and talk to him. immature to do what they did.

i hope he learned his lesson. we don't need that kid of attitude here, especially with a tough and demanding coach at the helm now who will upset the players from time to time. we need cohesion and discipline.

You've never spoken ill of your boss with your buddies?

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Not disliking this one. Especially if it removes Benning from the lineup. But I hope it doesn't remove Gravel from the lineup and it shouldn't.

lol at the Hitchcock reaction. More puzzled, than anything how Benning has been in an NHL lineup so long. Quick learner this Hitchcock.

Assuming this is what it means. (hopefully)

I wonder if there's a gif of him after the first goal 45 seconds into his new job.

Welcome to our nightmare Hitch :biglaugh:

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
You've never spoken ill of your boss with your buddies?

fortunately i never had to but i get what you're saying. hopefully it's nothing to worry about. i just put a lot of emphasis on how important a good dressing room is and having great respect for the coach's message. if players tune out it unravels. hope it's a non issue. and ya maybe i'm reading too much into it.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The thing I hated about that incident besides the fact the Uber driver is a *******, is this literally happens all the time and everywhere in society. Ppl talk **** about their coaches, teachers, co- workers, bosses, family, etc etc etc. It's almost never meant to hurt or embarrass anyone. This was a completely nothing incident and a big learning experience for all those in that cab and for other players to be more aware when in public.

I don't view any of the guys in that cab any differently. If coaches or management were really offended they need to get a grip and move on because we all know they've all done the same too.

o7

This post reads like the acceptance of unprofessional conduct. its one thing to talk shit about people you know, mother in laws or that kind of stuff(which ends up biting people most of the time but on their own free accord) . To do it professionally is the realm of idiots who will be consequenced and that cause HARM to organizations that pay them.

The word professional applies. Theres expectations with that high pay.

Also being more aware not to get caught isn't the issue. Lack of respect for a coaching staff and indirectly blasting them is the issue.

We've gone in strange directions as a society if we accept this.

Finally, triangulation always hurts someone, and we've all done it, being human imperfect beasts and all, but to say it doesn't hurt anybody is either a product of being young and lacking understanding, or being old and lacking understanding...;)

North

Jun 25, 2009
The thing I hated about that incident besides the fact the Uber driver is a *******, is this literally happens all the time and everywhere in society. Ppl talk **** about their coaches, teachers, co- workers, bosses, family, etc etc etc. It's almost never meant to hurt or embarrass anyone. This was a completely nothing incident and a big learning experience for all those in that cab and for other players to be more aware when in public.

o7

That's the thing. Who hasn't bitched about someone in a position of authority at some point? Chances are it was in public with friends or something. We don't have to worry about someone posting videos about us because we're not in the public eye so people don't really give a shit.

The unfortunate thing is this was caught on video and the Uber driver knew they were athletes. He was the one who was completely out of line by doing what he did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad