Value of: Chris Tanev

flying v 604

Sep 4, 2014
I’m so glad Dallas didn’t give up the Heiskanen pick for Tanev.
You may think diff when your getting shellacked in the playoffs or you could have him for your 1st, Honka and the rights to Valeri and we will give you Louie back at 35% retained.

Bristo

The Oracle
Mar 24, 2013
But the Jets... There desperate and want everything... with them they need to give up more.... Connor Roslovic a 1st and a 2018 2nd would be close...OR more

LOL! If we haven't made any desperate roster moves in the last 7 years when there were gaping holes in our line up, how in the world do you get a sense of desperation when we're pretty much set for a long playoff run.

If the price for Chris Tanev is Roslovic and a 1st, the Jets decline, and try not to collapse as they laugh at the Canuck while backing into the playoffs.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

Seventy7

May 16, 2015
Tanev would fit perfectly with the ducks.

Anaheim has the assets to make it work, but the Canucks want to keep Tanev around to help stabilize the next crop of dmen as they are bound to select a dman high in this coming draft along with having juolevi trying to crack the roster.

They should deal him now and let the Sedins walk. Weaponize their cap space to take bad contracts for more picks, and overpay free agents on one year deals whom can then be liquidated for more picks at deadline.

They’ve had a few solid drafts in a row. Might as well add some more lottery tickets and hope to hit on a few more Boeser like home runs.

Unfortunately they don’t believe this strategy is good for team culture, and will wallow in rebuild mode for another 3-6 years... unless they get some lottery help.

Reactions: BlueGreen

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Interesting to see that Tanev has actually become overrated on this site. Don't get me wrong, he's a fine player, but I don't see a well rounded enough player to justify asks like a 1st, a prospect and a roster player. He's good at defense, but the rest of his game is pretty lacking.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Interesting to see that Tanev has actually become overrated on this site. Don't get me wrong, he's a fine player, but I don't see a well rounded enough player to justify asks like a 1st, a prospect and a roster player. He's good at defense, but the rest of his game is pretty lacking.
HE’S A DEFENCEMAN. He’s honestly one of the best first pass puck moving defenseman in the league...just because he doesn’t put up points doesn’t mean he’s awful at offence.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
HE’S A DEFENCEMAN. He’s honestly one of the best first pass puck moving defenseman in the league...just because he doesn’t put up points doesn’t mean he’s awful at offence.

I know he's a defenseman, but in today's game two-way play is critical. He's damn good defensively. He gets props for that. But, I've watched enough of him to confidently say his offensive game is pretty mediocre. And, no, his first pass is not among the best in the league. Not even close.

Also there's a pretty long history associated with the idea players get payed/valued on offense more than defense. We can certainly debate how fair that is, but Tanev's lack of offense is clear deterrent to him being valued the same as many other top pairing D. IMO.

Nevermind, the injuries.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
A very attractive player, when healthy. The problem is his history with injuries. Each season he misses 10/15 or 20 games. I'd love to see him in a Leaf's uniform, I just don't know how to value him when there's a good chance he end's up on the shelf just when you need him most.
And this is why we shouldn't be interested in him. He simply misses too many games.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Would give up Zaitsev + 1st or 2nd, or 1st+Bracco+Timashov+3rd for him

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Id give a 1st + 2nd + B prospect.
Van will say no but i dont think hes worth more than that considering his inability to stay healthy or contribute any offense.

brokenwolf88

Nov 27, 2017
His career high is 20 points. For a top 4 defence man thats pretty bad.

Setec Astronomy

Jun 15, 2012

Interesting? Tanev overrating at HF is dog bites man story if there ever was one.

Surprised we haven’t gotten Tanev for McDavid and a lottery protected first just to make it fair.

Mr Plow

Apr 15, 2016
Id give a 1st + 2nd + B prospect.
Van will say no but i dont think hes worth more than that considering his inability to stay healthy or contribute any offense.

If your first was a mid first instead of a late one I would say that's pretty fair. Talent tends to drop off after the first twenty picks in most drafts though.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I'd consider something like Brown + Zaitsev + 2nd for Tanev, he'd be a good fit in Toronto, and I'd be willing to gamble on his health.

BlueGreen

Jan 3, 2018
Lebrun said Canucks could get at least a 1st and a top prospect for Tanev. He also said the Canucks have no appetite to trade him. I'd take anything good for Tanev at this point. We won't ever be good enough while he's still in his prime.
A first and a top prospect, hmm.. That sounds like something a team that’s rebuilding SHOULD do, but we have a nitwit gm who thinks this is the best van team in the last 4 years, and doesn’t know if he’s coming or going so...

Egghead1999

Nov 9, 2007
It was 1st + A prospect. Now, may be 2nd + A- or B prospect after the recent injury; he is in Sami Salo territory.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad