Value of: Chris Tanev to Anaheim Ducks

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Tanev is as good as Hamonic, and if the latter can fetch a first, and two seconds, Tanev should fetch a similar amount.

I don't see how you're getting that much for a guy who has only played 68% of an 82 game season on average since 2013. That's not even counting how many games he missed (or would have missed) for a team with extended post season play. What's the point of paying a bunch for a top for guy if there's basically a 1 in 3 chance he will be out when you need him?

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
I don't see how you're getting that much for a guy who has only played 68% of an 82 game season on average since 2013. That's not even counting how many games he missed (or would have missed) for a team with extended post season play. What's the point of paying a bunch for a top for guy if there's basically a 1 in 3 chance he will be out when you need him?

Tanev can fetch a first and a second; Hamonic can fetch a first and two seconds. There is a marked difference.

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
I'd rather give our young guys (Larsson, Petterssen, and Welinski) and opportunity before acquiring a guy with his injury history (we already have Eaves). I'd rather use our assets in a trade for a forward if we are making a trade at all.

Reactions: Spazkat

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Well, it may surprise you that according to the article below, the Leafs, this year, offered a 1st+Liljegren for Tanev (not sure if i believe that, but Botchford backs it up)....which i can't believe they turned down. But for those that say "Toronto wouldn't pay that much for Tanev"....apparently, they would.

Report: Leafs make significant trade offer to Canucks for another defenseman, involving top prospect
If they turned that deal down they are incredibly dumb
To TOR:

Chris Tanev
Brandon Suter

To VAN:

1st
2nd
Carrick/Nielsen/Holl
Martin

Is that a good framework to start a deal?
No thanks. As bad as Sutter's contract is, he's a perfect guy for our rebuild right now. Moving Sutter would make Bo our only viable centre. Sutter at least takes the defensive zone draws and allows Bo to play more offensively.

As for the OP- Anahiem doesn't seem to make sense for getting Tanev- I would guess you would be better off trying to sign Mike Green

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad