Value of: Chris Tanev to Anaheim Ducks

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Max Jones and Sam Steel are your two most desirable prospects in my mind. I wouldn't trade Sam Steel in your position. Perhaps a deal around one of your other NHL D would work. Possibly a two D deal on both sides. Pouliot/Hutton along with Tanev for Larssen and Montour? I don't know tho. Would that even work? I think Anaheim is a bit starved on prospects. Your GM really needs to get more prospects by moving some of the older - failing veterans out. Columbus or Pittsburgh or any top contender next year looking for a 3rd line C would do great to add Kesler. The only issue is he has way to much term left.

Might be better served to rock a top 6 of:

Free Agent - RAKELL - SILFVERBERG
HENRIQUE - KESLER - KASE

I would consider Getzlaf as a trade chip since Kesler's contract is likely unmovable. Keep Kes to be a veteran leader and run the 2nd line. Maybe go after a guy not named "evander kane" because he's our guy :P. Then maybe move a few pieces like a Nick Ritchie for a young 3rd line C who can give you more C depth. You could probably move one of your top 4 D out as well for prospects to boost your pool of kids. Then ride it out for a couple years and hope to get back into it when the kids arrive in 2-3 years. You have a lot of young players but you are kind of saddled with the big contracts of Getzlaf, Perry, and Kesler. Getzlaf would be the guy i'd want to keep as a culture carrier but Kesler won't get you much of a return if you even can move him. So Getzlaf would make the most sense. To a good team you could get a boatload of prospects and picks.
Team is pretty high on montour... i think hes def on our long term plans... as far as prospects go

Larsson will hopefully become a lindholm lite... hes pretty underated due to injuries and doesnt play a flashy game.

Steel- cant see us moving unless were getting a top 6 center in return, too much upside and a posistion were thin with.

Jones - could be had, lot of injuries... not sure canucks would want him due to him being fairly similiar to virtanen

Guys like comtois and mahura are still too raw for us to move

Then we have some nhl ready prospects like ritchie, kossila, petterson and welinski

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
I’m not sold on Ritchie, I’d rather do a deal around their 2018 1st and 2nd for Tanev and see if we could move up for another pick in the top 15. Would rather try and move Tanev to Oilers or Islanders for their first. Canucks really need to try and land another top 15 pick in this draft.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I’m not sold on Ritchie, I’d rather do a deal around their 2018 1st and 2nd for Tanev and see if we could move up for another pick in the top 15. Would rather try and move Tanev to Oilers or Islanders for their first. Canucks really need to try and land another top 15 pick in this draft.
I know i am being redundant, but:

To Toronto
Tanev

To Vancouver
1st
2nd
2nd/prospect

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary

To Toronto
Tanev

To Vancouver
1st
2nd
2nd/prospect

Leafs are 25 right? That’s pushing back a bit too far, even Ducks 23 is pushing it. If there was a 3 way that sent Van a pick in the top 15 I’d be good with it.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Leafs are 25 right? That’s pushing back a bit too far, even Ducks 23 is pushing it. If there was a 3 way that sent Van a pick in the top 15 I’d be good with it.
I like Tanev, been pushing for him in TO for 2 offseasons. That said, his injury history will make it tough for you to get that high in the draft i believe.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
I like Tanev, been pushing for him in TO for 2 offseasons. That said, his injury history will make it tough for you to get that high in the draft i believe.

I understand, but it depends on a teams need, Tanev is one of the best shut down D man in the NHL and that’s on a very bad team with two back up goalies... Tanev even with his injury history is a very valuable player, a late 1st and a late 2nd would be tough to land a player of his impact. Like I said if there was a way that a team would trade down from the top 15 for the 25 and the two other assets I’d be good with it. A pick in the 15 range for Tanev is very fair.

WingsOverAvs

Non Right Winger
Jun 27, 2011
Orlando FL
I would think that scoring depth would be of more importance to ANA than adding another dman. Also tough to see VAN making this kind of move to begin with

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Curious about the asking price. With so little goals this post season we miss Vatanens RHD presence. What would it take to land him in Anaheim?

We all know Toronto is in on him as well as Edmonton. Just give us a ball park figure.

Lindholm - Manson
Fowler- Tanev
Pettersson - Montour

We could use him with Beauchemin retired and getting more shots from the point.

I'm sorry...your solution to too few goals from your RHD is to acquire Chris Tanev?
Do you know who Chris Tanev is?

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto

To Toronto
Tanev

To Vancouver
1st
2nd
2nd/prospect

No thanks. That's way too much to give up for an injury prone guy like Tanev. The guy has never played a full season in his career........never even played more than 70 games, actually.

Vancouver would/should be lucky to get a 1st for him.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
No thanks. That's way too much to give up for an injury prone guy like Tanev. The guy has never played a full season in his career........never even played more than 70 games, actually.

Well, it may surprise you that according to the article below, the Leafs, this year, offered a 1st+Liljegren for Tanev (not sure if i believe that, but Botchford backs it up)....which i can't believe they turned down. But for those that say "Toronto wouldn't pay that much for Tanev"....apparently, they would.

Report: Leafs make significant trade offer to Canucks for another defenseman, involving top prospect

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Well, it may surprise you that according to the article below, the Leafs, this year, offered a 1st+Liljegren for Tanev (not sure if i believe that, but Botchford backs it up)....which i can't believe they turned down. But for those that say "Toronto wouldn't pay that much for Tanev"....apparently, they would.

Report: Leafs make significant trade offer to Canucks for another defenseman, involving top prospect

LMAO. If you believe that "article" I can't help you.

They did NOT offer that up. If they had, Vancouver would have jumped on it and laughed all the way to the bank. Jesus.

Tanev is a good player but he's only played 69, 53 and 42 games the last three years. He's NOT worth your silly offer. Sorry.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
To TOR:

Chris Tanev
Brandon Suter

To VAN:

1st
2nd
Carrick/Nielsen/Holl
Martin

Is that a good framework to start a deal?

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
LMAO. If you believe that "article" I can't help you.

They did NOT offer that up. If they had, Vancouver would have jumped on it and laughed all the way to the bank. Jesus.

Tanev is a good player but he's only played 69, 53 and 42 games the last three years. He's NOT worth your silly offer. Sorry.

Dum dee dum....
Leafs still interested in Tanev?
Toronto Maple Leafs should look into Canucks’ Chris Tanev
Toronto Maple Leafs Rumours: Team remains interested in Chris Tanev
https://thehockeywriters.com/canucks-tanev-maple-leafs-defense/
Toronto Maple Leafs Trade Target: Chris Tanev

Yup...clearly nothing here.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015

No, you're wrong. If Hamonic can fetch a first and two seconds, Tanev should be worth a first and a single second at most.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto

I never said they didn't like him. I said they did NOT offer up Liljegren and a 1st. (You sure like to read garbage rumour sites, don't you? ;) )

But they clearly realized the lunacy of offering up much of anything for him. Good.

I'd give up a 2nd for him, no problem. Maybe even our late 1st. But not the silliness being suggested.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad