Confirmed with Link: Chris Stewart

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Sorry for double post. Here is an article regarding him, he sounds hungry. And i like having hungry Chris Stewart. He`s also big, so he`s probably food-hungry too :laugh:
I read from Girgensons interviews how bad and frustrating it was in the Sabres locker rooms the past two years and having players that didn`t gave a damn about winning. The more i read about Chris, he doesn`t strike me as one of those guys.
Although his numbers dropped in St.Louis and his playoff numbers maybe have not been that great, i am really liking the idea of giving him a chance here. He seems to be doing his homework well.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...or-anaheim-ducks-cup-contender-202858781.html

On a lighter side, as we can see in that picture i posted before and in this one - that guy in the background is really struggling with that blue ball :laugh:
11887850_10152955361007105_7596849959265918183_n.jpg

Last edited:

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Looks like W. Simmonds on the left (stationary bike) and Subban about to drop the ball (insert joke).

Reveille1984

Dec 3, 2014
I don't see a big problem in losing Beleskey's hitting ability, you don't automatically win games just by being overtly and obviously physical. It helps in the playoffs, but the refs swallow their whistles more anyways so every team hits more in the playoffs.

We aren't a very fast team and we have a lot of heavy guys so it does play to our strengths sometimes to play a more physical style, but I'd rather have guys that hold on to puck, have good vision, battle on the boards and make accurate passes. The more you have the puck, the less you have to throw your body around.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I don't see a big problem in losing Beleskey's hitting ability, you don't automatically win games just by being overtly and obviously physical. It helps in the playoffs, but the refs swallow their whistles more anyways so every team hits more in the playoffs.

We aren't a very fast team and we have a lot of heavy guys so it does play to our strengths sometimes to play a more physical style, but I'd rather have guys that hold on to puck, have good vision, battle on the boards and make accurate passes. The more you have the puck, the less you have to throw your body around.

I like Beleskey's physical game, but I thought it took a step back this year. Granted he was more of a goal scorer where as in the past he had to be physical to get in the lineup. Still though, I think it will be missed, but I think we'll miss his finishing ability more than anything.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
I like Beleskey's physical game, but I thought it took a step back this year. Granted he was more of a goal scorer where as in the past he had to be physical to get in the lineup. Still though, I think it will be missed, but I think we'll miss his finishing ability more than anything.

Agreed he definitely did not finish checks like he did in years past, I don't blame him though he had a different role last year.

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
Fair Assessment?

7 ANDREW COGLIANO Tough
15 RYAN GETZLAF Tough
26 CARL HAGELIN
22 SHAWN HORCOFF
18 TIM JACKMAN Tough and Physical
17 RYAN KESLER Tough and Physical
19 PATRICK MAROON Tough and Physical
10 COREY PERRY "A"
67 RICKARD RAKELL
46 JIRI SEKAC
33 JAKOB SILFVERBERG
CHRIS STEWART Tough and Physical
44 NATE THOMPSON Tough and Physical
62 CHRIS WAGNER Tough and Physical
2 KEVIN BIEKSA Tough and Physical
24 SIMON DESPRES Tough and Physical
4 CAM FOWLER
5 KORBINIAN HOLZER
47 HAMPUS LINDHOLM Physical
3 CLAYTON STONER Tough and Physical
45 SAMI VATANEN

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
If you have Lindholm as physical, you should really have Silfverberg, but really I'm not sure I would have either. Lindholm really isn't that physical, especially when you consider the position he's playing(defensemen are generally going to be more physical, on average, than a forward). Lindholm seems to be listed as physical primarily because he's a big body who battles.

I'd also say Vatanen is physical. He tries to engage players at pretty much every opportunity. He just lacks the size to do it effectively. I'd call him physical for many of the season reasons that I wouldn't list Lindholm. Vatanen goes out of his way to be physical, but he doesn't really have the tools for it. Lindholm has the tools, but he doesn't use them enough. Toughness, probably not, but he hasn't had much occasion and it just isn't his game. He's fearless though.

I also agree with Sauced that it's a little bit of a head scratcher to not have Getzlaf as physical, especially when you've got someone like Lindholm listed.

Also, Cogliano is both tough and physical. He's just in the same physical category as someone like Vatanen. He engages players physically all the time, and he never hesitates to lay the body. He just doesn't have the tools to really do much.

I'd also have Corey Perry in his own category of tough and physical. He engages players physically, and he takes a beating out there on the ice and doesn't miss a beat, but he does it in a decidedly Corey Perry-like fashion. I don't think of him as traditionally tough or physical, but it's hard to deny that he is both of those things, in his own way. I think saying he isn't tough, or physical, is doing the guy a disservice, when you consider how much punishment he takes to play the way he does.

Just my opinion, on some of those names.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai

It was our physical edge that nearly won us the Chicago series. When they stopped hitting, they were lost.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
It was our physical edge that nearly won us the Chicago series. When they stopped hitting, they were lost.

i honestly think they just got too tired. being physical while takes its toll on the other time, also really tires out your own. you could definitely see it in those OT games where we just had no gas to get on them anymore, and then they started skating circles around us.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA

Clearly, so would BB, but he doesn't get to set the roster. Talk to BM.

Beleskey doesn't make statistical hits, he really hits. And injures people. Defensemen being afraid of his forecheck opened up space and created panicked outlet passes that Silfverberg and Kesler could feast on, he was actually an integral part of that line. Knocking several players out of the playoffs didn't hurt us either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad