Injury Report: Chris Pronger (Hired to work for NHL Player Safety, Oct. 9, 2014)

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
But how will he know without actually coming back? When Pronger returned to the ice this season, it didn't take binoculars to see there was something wrong with him. I'd say that, if healthy enough to attempt, Pronger would come back for a minimum of 10 games to push himself and see if he could still play at the level to which he is accustomed.

little bit different coming back from the latest injury he sustained then some of his prior injuries. I am betting on he wont be able to come back.

phillyfanatic

Mar 30, 2010
Ottawa, ON
Nothing would please me more than having Pronger back in the #1D spot next year. Honestly, the possibilities are endless. Bryz playing at the top of his game with a defense of Pronger-Timonen, Coburn-Grossman, Meszaros-Kubina/Gus/MAB/Carle/free agent is really an amazing thought.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Nothing would please me more than having Pronger back in the #1D spot next year. Honestly, the possibilities are endless. Bryz playing at the top of his game with a defense of Pronger-Timonen, Coburn-Grossman, Meszaros-Kubina/Gus/MAB/Carle/free agent is really an amazing thought.

Change that to Carle-free and maybe you're right!

King Forsberg

16 21 28 44 68 88 93
Jul 26, 2010
It would be pretty awesome to have Pronger and Timonen on the same pairing. Neither would have to carry the pairing which would keep them from getting worn out.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
It would be pretty awesome to have Pronger and Timonen on the same pairing. Neither would have to carry the pairing which would keep them from getting worn out.

That is a dangerous pairing at this point though. Neither have even average foot speed. I'd support a Grossmann-Coburn, Pronger - Schultz, and Mesz - Timonen pairing!

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
According to the beat writers he wasn't at the team photo today. They had someone fill in his spot and will super impose his face onto him. I wonder how that doctors visit went?

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
If we go to the SFC, we have to dress him for one game, make him play 1 shift, so his name would be on the cup.

Spongolium*

If we go to the SFC, we have to dress him for one game, make him play 1 shift, so his name would be on the cup.

Why would they bother doing this, and possibly risking a finals game, when they can just ask to have his name put on afterwards.

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
Didn't know that they made that for captains, makes sense though.

Doesn't have to be the captain. Any player on the roster who's not automatically eligible can get petitioned by the team to get his name engraved on the cup.

Unless I'm completely remembering the wrong thing and applying it to this case, but I'm prrrrrrrrrrrretty sure.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
On Hot Stove they said Pronger only lasted 2 periods at the game and he isn't doing well but doesn't want to retire yet.

ronwm

Aug 4, 2010
(South of) Boston
Why would they bother doing this, and possibly risking a finals game, when they can just ask to have his name put on afterwards.

The Bruins were able to get Savard's name on the cup....no reason the Flyers couldn't petition for Pronger on it.

From last year:

Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli confirmed at Monday's golf tournament that Savard will get his name on the Cup. The Bruins had to petition for his addition as Savard did not meet the qualifications of playing at least 41 regular-season games or one game in the Final to automatically be put on the Cup. Savard played just 25 games after returning in December from a severe concussion suffered the previous season, only to have his season cut short again by another concussion in January.

Just wanted to say that I hope he get's back on the ice next season in good form.
It's too soon for him to retire...

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
The Bruins were able to get Savard's name on the cup....no reason the Flyers couldn't petition for Pronger on it.

From last year:

Just wanted to say that I hope he get's back on the ice next season in good form.
It's too soon for him to retire...

I was just going to bring this up actually, I thought that's what have happened.

Yeah, I'm sure all us Flyers fans are hoping that too. It's devastating, the whole situation really.

Gobo

Stop looking Gare
Jun 29, 2010
Really hope Prongs comes back for you guys. Even though he peaced on us, can't help but like the guy.

Here's to a healthy recovery for Pronger!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad