Injury Report: Chris Pronger (Hired to work for NHL Player Safety, Oct. 9, 2014)

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
It was great to see Chris at the game, that's a huge step forward for him.

Also, I just caught this on Twitter.
http://www.facebook.com/PhiladelphiaFlyersNation/posts/421382117876994

Howard Eskin tweeted that Chris Pronger is seeing a neurologist this week in Pittsburgh and that he may start rehab soon. Visited a Doctor this week and he is more upbeat then he has been in months. He feels there is a better chance to return next year.

Eskin's comments are on Twitter, too:

http://twitter.com/#!/howardeskin

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/recap.htm?id=2011021121

Flyers captain Chris Pronger received a standing ovation when he was introduced to the crowd late in the first period. Pronger is out for the season due to a concussion. He played in 13 games, with a goal and 11 assists, but has been sidelined since Nov. 19. .

Last edited by a moderator:

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
It was great to see Chris at the game, that's a huge step forward for him.

Also, I just caught this on Twitter.
http://www.facebook.com/PhiladelphiaFlyersNation/posts/421382117876994

Did the smile look like this?
trollface.png

PJStock*

Awesome news, but like others have already said, keep him out for the rest of the year and hope that he can come back 100% next season.

Oroku Saki*

Really rough to just think about the title of this thread. Hope he gets well soon.

Alchemy

Mind Control
Jul 8, 2006
Great news.

If he continues his playing career or not. I really couldn't care less.

As long as his quality of life is good then its great news.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
People freaked out over the 35+ deal.....but if Pronger comes back, he's still easily a top 4 defender, even at 42 years of age.

5mil for leadership and toughness that will never go away until he retires? Take as long as you need, Chris. If you never come back, we'll manage...if you do, well, we love you anyways :handclap:

Sawdalite

SelectLouNolan4PFHoF
Apr 5, 2009
Frost-Bite Fails Minnesota
Good to see that he can handle the crowd noise of a hockey game now. Small steps

Great observation and thought. :nod:

To be quite frank, while at the game and seeing the big guy on the screen -- after maybe the very first person on their feet and yelling encouragement for him to hear -- my feelings were that he looked sheepish and nowhere near Pronger-esque; he looked to me like he was off somewhere in his own little World, and not close to being 'normal'. Knowing his wife didn't like him having a beard and seeing him with a long one, I thought that he might not feel up to shaving among other chores... BUT... after seeing him on CSN SportsNite and then once again just now on SportsRise, smiling and giving a thumbs up sitting next to a beaming Ed Snider and near his wife, I got quite another and a much better feeling... a feeling that my view at the game was greatly misguided.

Reading the quoted post about his being able to tolerate the loud noise -- and he heard a very loud crowd cheering him then -- I remembered how he could not stand going to his own Fashion Show or the Meet the Team Event... how he was unable to attend the Flyers' Wives Carnival... gave me great hope that he may one day return after I feared for a while now that he would never be the same ever again... More than his possible return, I'm feeling even happier that his life and quality of life may be able to return to 'normal'.

I fully agree with those who believe he should take all the time he needs to fully restore himself to health... If he can't play but he can be healthy and happy, that wonderful for him and his family and friends (and us extended friends)... But I have to be honest and say that news of his seeing a neurologist and possibly starting to rehab soon and feels there's a chance he can return next season (or a long-shot later THIS season, as I'm reading it) makes me really optimistic and very happy... to say the very least.

Bryz4shiz

Feb 10, 2009
Alhoa Oe
5mil for leadership and toughness that will never go away until he retires? Take as long as you need, Chris. If you never come back, we'll manage...if you do, well, we love you anyways :handclap:

It won't be bad at all; just like if Hatcher had gotten $5 million a year

BleedOrange

BuildThroughTheDraft
Aug 14, 2005
Oshawa Ontario
Great to see pronger at the game but he has a long road back if he even does return next year with a concussion there is good and bad days .Lets hope he can recover and have a normal life with his wife and kids before he even thinks about returning to the ice.:yo:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Eskin says that he wants to come back for next year. Tough thing to start setting timetables like that. I still say nothing happens before Christmas.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
Would've been epic if he came back for the playoffs but I hope they don't rush him. Concussions are scary. They should keep him in an isolation chamber til next year.

MsMeow

Nov 4, 2005
Would've been epic if he came back for the playoffs but I hope they don't rush him. Concussions are scary. They should keep him in an isolation chamber til next year.

From the sounds of it he's barely been doing anything for months so the playoffs are out of the question.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Well I am not expecting anything honestly. going to keep my expectations very very low. But one thing I can say with 100 percent certianty. If Pronger comes back he isnt going to halfass it. If he cant come back and be the player he expects to be he wont come back.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Well I am not expecting anything honestly. going to keep my expectations very very low. But one thing I can say with 100 percent certianty. If Pronger comes back he isnt going to halfass it. If he cant come back and be the player he expects to be he wont come back.

But how will he know without actually coming back? When Pronger returned to the ice this season, it didn't take binoculars to see there was something wrong with him. I'd say that, if healthy enough to attempt, Pronger would come back for a minimum of 10 games to push himself and see if he could still play at the level to which he is accustomed.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I wonder when Prongers Doctors appointment is this week? I can say with almost with certainty that we won't have an update after he is back from it anyway. If he can come back next year, it would alost guarantee that Suter has no chance of signing here. Let me say though I would take a healthy Chris Pronger even at the age of 37 over Suter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad