Chris Kreider

Status
Not open for further replies.

noupf

Jan 31, 2007
I'm so disappointed in CK20. I really thought he would be an all star forward by now. All the tools and just hasn't put it together.

well, that at least means it will be relatively inexpensive to resign him......and maybe he puts it together at some point :handclap:

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
well, that at least means it will be relatively inexpensive to resign him......and maybe he puts it together at some point :handclap:

I sort of secretly hope he doesn't break out this year, simply so we can sign him on the cheap long-term, and then he becomes a superstar next season.

However, I also kind of hope he becomes a superstar this season...but that means more money come offseason...

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
I'm so disappointed in CK20. I really thought he would be an all star forward by now. All the tools and just hasn't put it together.

All the tools....but no toolbox . Oh well...could be worse . He is usually good for 30-35 games a year and 8-10 or so in the playoffs . Should be a more realistic contract though because of that , but I can see there being some misery in that before it is signed .;)

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
He's a great player but can he be an elite player. I think every fan wanted that from him so much hype the minute he can into the post season the minute fans saw the strength and skill I think we all wished he was an ace in the hole but he might never be that

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
He's a great player but can he be an elite player. I think every fan wanted that from him so much hype the minute he can into the post season the minute fans saw the strength and skill I think we all wished he was an ace in the hole but he might never be that

I don't think he's a great player.

I think he has great speed, but so did Hagelin for that matter.

He has great strength, but rarely uses it to win board battles or push people around. He seems to only use it when he is fast breaking with the puck and trying to cut in on pursuing defenders.

Basically, he has two gifts, and is a one trick pony. Neither of his gifts involve a "head" for the game.

And let's face it, he's in his 4th season with the Rangers & is 24 years old. The word "Elite" will never apply to Kreider. Elites are quite rare and generally known well before the age of 24.

All of this said, I think Kreider may be a worthy risk for another team to take. Paired with the appropriate Center, he could improve. I'm not saying someone can do for him what McDavid did for Yakupov until the McDavid injury, but a change in environment and teammates might be what the doctor ordered for Kreider. I really think we can get a solid return for a guy like Kreider in a package deal and not hurt our team.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
I don't think he's a great player.

I think he has great speed, but so did Hagelin for that matter.

He has great strength, but rarely uses it to win board battles or push people around. He seems to only use it when he is fast breaking with the puck and trying to cut in on pursuing defenders.

Basically, he has two gifts, and is a one trick pony. Neither of his gifts involve a "head" for the game.

And let's face it, he's in his 4th season with the Rangers & is 24 years old. The word "Elite" will never apply to Kreider. Elites are quite rare and generally known well before the age of 24.

All of this said, I think Kreider may be a worthy risk for another team to take. Paired with the appropriate Center, he could improve. I'm not saying someone can do for him what McDavid did for Yakupov until the McDavid injury, but a change in environment and teammates might be what the doctor ordered for Kreider. I really think we can get a solid return for a guy like Kreider in a package deal and not hurt our team.

:shakehead

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Don't know if I see Kreider going anywhere, especially without a scoring winger coming back.

Johansen is very interesting, though you're going to have to move a Center and/or a salary to get him.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
now that nash has gotten a few, the spotlight in shinning directly on kreider.

he's becoming a guy who doesnt do much with all his talents more than a guy who's slumping.

he continues to show me that he's pretty much clueless most of the time with the puck. he has his chances and usually doesnt cash, then he disappears and morphs into some kinda of road runner like character who just rips around the ice at full speed.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
The hard part with Kreider is that his frustrating aspects aren't terribly out of line for younger power forwards. At 24, he's also still pretty young by PF standards.

The fear will always be moving Kreider before he puts all the pieces together and then spending years trying to replace him.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
The hard part with Kreider is that his frustrating aspects aren't terribly out of line for younger power forwards. At 24, he's also still pretty young by PF standards.

The fear will always be moving Kreider before he puts all the pieces together and then spending years trying to replace him.

i wouldn't move him. even if he doesnt hit his ceiling, his speed and size make him an important part of a good team.

he may well not be a top 6 guy.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
i wouldn't move him. even if he doesnt hit his ceiling, his speed and size make him an important part of a good team.

he may well not be a top 6 guy.

I concur, I'm hesitant to move him because even if he never quite becomes the sum of all his parts, there's still value there.

But push comes to shove, I still think Kreider becomes a 30 goal, 60 point player.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
A lot of hate in this thread with not a lot of evidence.

I think he's been more than fine. Can he be better? Obviously. Is he a huge glaring weakness in this team? Not a chance. Should we be talking about dealing him? No ****ing way.

Plenty of things to fix here before Kreider. And by plenty, I mean not that many since this team is 16-3-2.

He scores on one or both of those penalty shots, and this thread is empty. Y'all crazy.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

I think he's been more than fine. Can he be better? Obviously. Is he a huge glaring weakness in this team? Not a chance. Should we be talking about dealing him? No ****ing way.

Plenty of things to fix here before Kreider. And by plenty, I mean not that many since this team is 16-3-2.

He scores on one or both of those penalty shots, and this thread is empty. Y'all crazy.

Nah he sucks. Bust. No tool box. Should have started "Jet" Morin instead.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC

I'm with you. Kreider has played reasonably well, goal scoring aside. Part of the problem has been that nobody is clicking on that opposite wing. That's part of why I'm hoping Hayes looks a bit better on the wing this time around. Having another big body AND an excellent puck distributor on his line should do a lot of good for Kreids.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
It's been a good sign that he's been busting his ass to generate those two penalty shots, but I still want him to find himself in better shooting position on the ice. He has a sick wrist shot, but he doesn't set himself up to use it enough

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Krieder is a stiff player. Does not have the ability to create space and handle the puck in tight spots. Over and Over he does the same things with the puck. Also for such an intelligent person, 5 languages etc.., he has low hockey IQ. He is a tense player with the puck and has no touch. His has hands of stone. Yes he is a presence in front and very fast,strong etc...but AV likes skill and creativeness. We need to make a serious evaluation on his Ranger future. I would like to use him in discussions with Columbus.
Can we include Yandle with a precondition of talking to his agent and CBJ signing him long term?

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
Kreider has no hands or touch and yet somehow found a way to be one of the Rangers leading goal scorers in both the regular season and the playoffs the past two seasons, while still only 24 years old. Let's move him...and throw in Yandle for good measure...because 16-3-2 is embarrassing.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Nah he sucks. Bust. No tool box. Should have started "Jet" Morin instead.

:laugh:

well played. in a juvenile sorta way. :shakehead

i never said to trade him. ever. i said his "chicken with his head cut off" routine is wearing thin. his play has been very meh so far. even av has said so. needs to play better.

time to produce some points big boy and take advantage of your freakish gifts.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
Kreider has no hands or touch and yet somehow found a way to be one of the Rangers leading goal scorers in both the regular season and the playoffs the past two seasons, while still only 24 years old. Let's move him...and throw in Yandle for good measure...because 16-3-2 is embarrassing.

I am just thinking about the roster moving forward..Kreiders expectations regarding salary(more than Zukes 4.5..I dont think so)..Top 6 openings?? Oscar,Hayes and Buch... And I think our biggest weakness is still that offensive superstar..and maybe Johansan can be that guy.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
I am just thinking about the roster moving forward..Kreiders expectations regarding salary(more than Zukes 4.5..I dont think so)..Top 6 openings?? Oscar,Hayes and Buch... And I think our biggest weakness is still that offensive superstar..and maybe Johansan can be that guy.

A logical post.

cheech70

Oct 26, 2013
NNJ
And what are you giving up to get him....?

Not sure...Maybe Yandle..My expectations for Yandle were much more than I am seeing. CBJ negotiated with Saad before trade..can that happen with Yandle?..It is tricky in season and the player being aware that the Rangers want to trade him..If it happens Yandle will not give any sort of hometown discount to the Rangers and he will definitively have to be traded. Not easy trade but the combination of Krieder and Yandle is close to enough for Johansen and solves some of there needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad