Chris Kreider

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Why not try Kreider at center? This kids got all the tools and he's defensively aware enough to take on the responsibilities of a center. Couldn't hurt to give him a shot. If it works, he can end up being the power center this team needs?:dunno: Just an idea..

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Absolutely nothing about Kreider's game works at center, I don't think. He'd never win a faceoff. He's not good enough defensively. He's never even played at center before. And he doesn't like to carry the puck through the neutral zone, unless he's streaking in alone.

BarbaraAlphanse

Really..Why not?

Center is a position w/ many more responsibilities. His strength and focus is (and should be) to drive to the net and stretch the ice. More to worry about as a center.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Absolutely nothing about Kreider's game works at center, I don't think. He'd never win a faceoff. He's not good enough defensively. He's never even played at center before. And he doesn't like to carry the puck through the neutral zone, unless he's streaking in alone.

Neither has MSL and I disagree defensively.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Center is a position w/ many more responsibilities. His strength and focus is (and should be) to drive to the net and stretch the ice. More to worry about as a center.

As long as Stephan is out there's nothing to lose just giving it a shot. We just got shutout twice. He may surprise people with the extra responsibilities.

BarbaraAlphanse

As long as Stephan is out there's nothing to lose just giving it a shot. We just got shutout twice. He may surprise people with the extra responsibilities.

I watched him for 2 years before he came to the NYR. Watched him in the AHL. Watched him in the NHL. Absolutely nothing suggests that he will surprise people there. He is a natural winger. You can't force a square peg into a round hole.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
I watched him for 2 years before he came to the NYR. Watched him in the AHL. Watched him in the NHL. Absolutely nothing suggests that he will surprise people there. He is a natural winger. You can't force a square peg into a round hole.

This isn't the AHL and he's learned a lot since then. Completely different player.
Don't get me wrong..I'm not talking like he's the Rangers #1 center for the rest of his career but I think as long as Stepan's out it's worth investigating..

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
OT, but best username on these boards. A shame the user has only posted 151 times.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
OT, but best username on these boards. A shame the user has only posted 151 times.

The original buddy but I don't post much due to, too many adolescents who never actually picked up a stick :)

NYRangerFan*

First of all he's still young and still has a lot to learn. Second, you weren't complaining when he was "bulling' his way through opposing D in the playoffs right?

No but i did complain when he missed on those breakaways in the cup finals

NYRangerFan*

The original buddy but I don't post much due to, too many adolescents who never actually picked up a stick :)

So because people didn't pick up a stick, their opinions mean nothing? Nice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad