Chris Kreider

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
A lot of hate in this thread with not a lot of evidence..

Over 200 games worth of evidence. Not saying all of the analysis is perfectly spot on but there's certainly a lot of evidence that we've all seen. When we've all seen the same games and the same issues with consistency it isn't necessary to backup every analysis with a ton of evidence.

Any idea of getting rid of him is foolish imo just in case you're wondering. Though he certainly has the talent to take over shifts and dominate, he just does so way too infrequently for what we'd like. he has too many games where he does nothing major for the entire game. Can you give me an idea of which posts should have featured more evidence? I could imagine people saying straight up falsehoods and not backing them up. I just didn't notice any

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Not sure...Maybe Yandle..My expectations for Yandle were much more than I am seeing. CBJ negotiated with Saad before trade..can that happen with Yandle?..It is tricky in season and the player being aware that the Rangers want to trade him..If it happens Yandle will not give any sort of hometown discount to the Rangers and he will definitively have to be traded. Not easy trade but the combination of Krieder and Yandle is close to enough for Johansen and solves some of there needs.

It's going to take more than Kreider and Yandle. Unless the Rangers want to seriously alter their core, I don't think they have the pieces to get a deal done. Especially being in-division.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Sounds like Kreider is overthinking things:

“I go into every game with a clean mind but sometimes there’s little stuff that happens and I start to second-guess myself,†Kreider said. “I should just be more instinctual.â€

http://nypost.com/2015/11/28/rangers-kreider-owns-up-to-horrific-year-as-bad-as-it-can-be/

It's unfortunate the sports psychologist he went to over the summer didn't help him with these issues. But as Kreider mentioned in the article, the poor play is on him. Instead of talking about what he needs to do to be better, he needs to put his words into action and rely on his instincts.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
“I go into every game with a clean mind but sometimes there’s little stuff that happens and I start to second-guess myself,” Kreider said. “I should just be more instinctual.”

Sounds like he is admitting he is not a heady player.....that he can't think the game properly or confidently.....or at least not on the NHL level.

Let's hope a return to animal instincts yields better results. Doubtful, but I'm pulling for the kid. Make us proud Kreids.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY

http://nypost.com/2015/11/28/rangers-kreider-owns-up-to-horrific-year-as-bad-as-it-can-be/

It's unfortunate the sports psychologist he went to over the summer didn't help him with these issues. But as Kreider mentioned in the article, the poor play is on him. Instead of talking about what he needs to do to be better, he needs to put his words into action and rely on his instincts.

Coaching staff needs to tell him to just start nailing people. Any time there's a chance for a hit, throttle the guy. He's at his best when he's playing physical hockey. Maybe throwing a big hit or two gets him engaged the rest of the game because he looks like he's ****ing sleepwalking most of the time.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Coaching staff needs to tell him to just start nailing people. Any time there's a chance for a hit, throttle the guy. He's at his best when he's playing physical hockey. Maybe throwing a big hit or two gets him engaged the rest of the game because he looks like he's ****ing sleepwalking most of the time.

Seriously.

What the hell is Kreider always getting so confused about? I've never heard more talk about a player's off the ice preparation than what we hear about Kreider. Sports psychologists, strength training, Michelletti talking about how he watches hours of tape with the coaching staff. It shouldn't be that complicated. He can't pass or handle the puck anyway. Just throw some hits and skate in a straight line towards the net. He should be playing the simplest game out of all the top six forwards.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
He's slumpin, he'll come around. Just simply needs to move the legs, hit anything he can, and shoot the puck whenever possible.

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006

For real, this is Kreider at his best. I really think that bad rep he got after the Price play and a couple game misconducts has neutered this side of him. Maybe he's thinking too much about hitting guys because he's afraid to get the penalties. Get out there and hit when you can.

we want cup

Apr 12, 2007
NYC
Kreider is too smart for his own good. Maybe it would help his game if he fought a bit more. Knock some IQ points out of there. :laugh:

ponytrekker

Mar 28, 2013

I would get my money back if I were him.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
For real, this is Kreider at his best. I really think that bad rep he got after the Price play and a couple game misconducts has neutered this side of him. Maybe he's thinking too much about hitting guys because he's afraid to get the penalties. Get out there and hit when you can.

I was about to post exactly that. He plays as if he's gun shy.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Buff (Rangers talk to him and re-sign him) and Stafford to the Rangers for a 1st, Skjei and Kreider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille