Chris Kreider - Rookie/Beast

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
I was talking hockey on a non-hockey forum and two individuals were trying to argue that the play where Anderson got injured was somehow evidence of Kreider's reckless play and supposed 'pattern' of 'running goaltenders'. I very clearly articulated how Kreider had nothing to do with Anderson being injured on that play because he was interfered with intentionally and tripped by Methot's stick, 6 feet away from the goaltender and 8 feet away from the goal line. One user then proceeded to argue how professional hockey players don't fall in that particular manner or that the player knew what he was doing when he got tripped like that and went flying into the goaltender. The other was trying to tell me how Kreider was headed straight for Anderson and would not have been able to 'turn on a dime' to avoid him anyway, regardless of the fact that he was about 6 feet away from him when he was tripped! I was accused of being 'homer' for defending Kreider on the play and accurately pointing out that Methot was 100% responsible for the injury for tripping a player away from the play who otherwise would have remained on his feet and had ample time to stop and/or change his direction....

Last edited:

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I have detractors.
We all have people who politely agree and disagree with each other, including ourselves.

But I have a handful who can't accept my let's think outside the box mentality, there's NO CHANCE it could be right, whether it is as to Kreider, Talbot, or JT Miller. Or trading Stepan.

Much of this is subjective opinion, God bless, to each and everyone their right to free speech. But the emergence of Kreider is an objective fact, not subjective opinion any longer.

But they want to be adamant to the point of arrogant.
So for the 99%+, no prob, we are all respectful members of the fraternity (applies to dudettes as well as dudes).

But those few others, I will call you out on it.

By using words like "detractor" you're pretending like you're important or something. 99.9% of your posts are not "outside the box", they're just stupid suggestions. How was your idea to sit Hank last game? The reason people insult your opinions is because frankly they're mostly in la la land at best and nonsensical at worst. Then when you come close to being right about something (as if you were the only one that was right about it) you gloat till the cows come home. Then you pretend like you're Jesus Christ or something. Unreal. If you don't want people insulting you, you might want to a) post in the realm of reality and b) not be arrogant the 1 time in a thousand you're right about something.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
I'm assuming by now we've all seen the horrific footage of the brutal assault on Carey Price. Of course, it's difficult to watch a human being exercise such blatant disregard for the safety of another. And in such cold-blooded fashion!

That said, I'd like to turn your attention to my own discovery regarding this affront against humanity and point out that the conspiracy theorists might actually hold a measure of truth.

Watch the infamous and brutal video. I advise those with a weak stomach to look away.

Now REALLY watch it.

Did you notice? Let's take a closer look.

qU2h7jW.png

O8NTChM.jpg

STILL didn't see it?

hZ9FHP4.jpg

It's now clear that Kreider tripped Kreider, causing Kreider to run into Price while Kreider watches.

Verdict: Intentional!

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I'm assuming by now we've all seen the horrific footage of the brutal assault on Carey Price. Of course, it's difficult to watch a human being exercise such blatant disregard for the safety of another. And in such cold-blooded fashion!

That said, I'd like to turn your attention to my own discovery regarding this affront against humanity and point out that the conspiracy theorists might actually hold a measure of truth.

Watch the infamous and brutal video. I advise those with a weak stomach to look away.

Now REALLY watch it.

Did you notice? Let's take a closer look.

qU2h7jW.png

O8NTChM.jpg

STILL didn't see it?

hZ9FHP4.jpg

It's now clear that Kreider tripped Kreider, causing Kreider to run into Price while Kreider watches.

Verdict: Intentional!

That last picture. I'm done. :biglaugh:

Also klein calling him "krei-dizzle"
I am done x2

Wolfy*

Alright. That evil look on his face tells me he was on a mission to destroy Price. Kreider, you're a dirty SOB.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
First of all, bern Brassard hasn't outplayed Stepan, no one got it wrong. Second, even if he has there's no reason to trade Stepan, you can have both. I guess you can trade him for an upgrade at center if you don't decimate your roster, but you wanted to give half your roster for Hertl who played a few games as a rookie at WING. Every time you post it's an experiment in human arrogance. You have the worst proposals consistently on the board, but think you're a ****ing genius. A genius in your own mind.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I definitely take him over Brayden Schenn (GREATEST PROSPECT IN THE WORLD) and probably over Evander Kane (IMO an overrated and not as intelligent/mature player as Kreider).

I agree the price on EKane has properly dropped.
Would still consider in at the right price, not sure others wouldn't beat it.

Some --- not me, of course --- did suggest CK as a basis for obtaining EK.:shakehead:help:
Glad we dodged that bullet.:laugh::amazed::laugh:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
But he hasn't out played him in the PO's

Stepan plays on the PK, Brassard does not. Stepan is, more often than not, playing against opposing teams top checking units, Brassard is not.

And prior to the Montreal Series Stepan was just one point behind Brassard.

Stepan is the superior defensive player

Stepan is the superior offensive player

Stepan IS THE SUPERIOR PLAYER

I disagree with your bottom line conclusions.
Also not saying night and day dif. but Brassard is enough for us to move Stepan.

Also, while there is a lot to be said for chemistry, and the Pouilot - Brassard - Zuc line has chemistry, and while Zuc is obviously terif for anyone to work with, I would say its fair to demand more from Stepan, since his Ws are usually Kreider and Nash.

The bottom line is not just the two players, but what we project they will return.
Stepan commands more on the trade market. # of reasons, and don't really matter.
That's why if it is high enough we trade him, not Brassard.
Biggest total gain is keeping Brassard with what we get for Stepan, not vice versa.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The only thing I give a **** about is winning the Cup. I don't really give a crap about the Olympics. The team has to make the playoffs--so they have to do well enough in the regular season. I'm a believer in depth throughout the lineup. Good players at every position. You need talented guys but you also need guys with will and some of them might be less talented than others you could have that don't have the will. Talent is necessary but it's not always the be all and end all.

I don't like waiting either--I'm 56--making tons of trades for future projection to be followed by more for those deals that don't work out is not a smart way to go. It's pie in the sky as far as I'm concerned. I don't want to wait until I'm ****ing 86 for the Rangers to win it all again. I might be long gone by then. This team may be built well enough. Guys win and they take that with them and pass it on to the new guys that come along. If we were to win young guys like Stepan, McDonagh, Kreider will be better for it--they'll know they have what it takes. You have to stick with people sometimes Bernmeister. That's all there is to it. It's part of what it takes to build a team. Sticking with people whether you perceive that this guy on some other team or that might be a little bit better now. Sticking with guys who grow together helps build a winning atmosphere.

I agree with much of what you said.
However, what can only be described as Divine Intervention this year not withstanding, our team needed more difference makers, based on the whole year.
If we have enough difference makers, we can compete with the elite.
if not,
the best of the west is what has concerned me, as we had such a hard time w/Ana, + St. L, + LA.

Can't just ignore that.
Either you have better drafting from sq.1 (we finally do)
and/or, to catch up, you gotta deal guys.

But let's be fair.
You guys complain I wanna move a Girardi,
Every deal is different, sure, but I usually try somewhere to a Siemen Duncans or similar to offset.

I agree with you, let's in a spirit of Thanksgiving, enjoy the moment.
Then let's see what we can do to earn NY becoming a dominant force, one taking its place with the elites.
THEN we will have a regular chance to hope to be in on the Cup -- every year.

Think 70s Canadians, and Bill Walsh 49ers.
That's what we should be shooting for, from GM standards.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

By using words like "detractor" you're pretending like you're important or something.
Besides being eloquent --- not --- that is a conclusion you are grasping at straws to manufacture.
It is not automatic that the person being detracted is Einstein or his antithesis.

99.9% of your posts are not "outside the box", they're just stupid suggestions.
Your opinion.

How was your idea to sit Hank last game?
Still stand by it.
We will need Hank at his best if --- as seems promising --- we get to the finals.
Want him rested, and a few less minutes reduces by that much mathematical chance of injury.
Talbot is not chopped liver. You are foolish to think so and overwork Hank.

The reason people insult your opinions is because frankly they're mostly in la la land at best and nonsensical at worst.
Most are polite and merely disagree --- which is not all the time, either, a fact that is become more and more apparent, slowly but surely.

Those who do are apparently adamant and won't admit they were wrong.
I don't like to make them admit it.
But when you are verbally bashed for an extended period of time and then it turns out you were right, you wanna try and get props for the next time.

Then when you come close to being right about something...
I was not close. I was actually right.
Some (most) of our discussion is subjective.
But Kreider is now clearly objective, by any measure.

(as if you were the only one that was right about it) you gloat till the cows come home.
I was not the only one right about Kreider.
I was among the very, very few who said he'd be THIS good.

There was also a group who were down on him/his selection, wasted underacheiving pick, another Rico Fata, should bundle him for like EKane while we can.
I challenged them. Openly. Clearly, Defiantly.
Last we looked: Kreider stock, WAY up. EKane, trending down.

Then you pretend like you're Jesus Christ or something. Unreal.
This does not deserve the dignity of a public response.
When time allows, I'll PM you over the weekend.

If you don't want people insulting you, you might want to a) post in the realm of reality and b) not be arrogant the 1 time in a thousand you're right about something.
Love is given. Respect is earned.
Wanna agree to disagree, fine.
I would not have to stand up for my props if those who were so rude and so arrogant at sq. 1, did not force me to give them the business.

There is no need to be insulting, esp. if unprovoked at sq. 1.
You don't wanna be overly courteous, that's your call.

But anyone who has dissed me WILL show respect for my opinion when it is proven right after going on and on and on etc. about how it could not possibly be right.

And it's way more than 1 time in a thousand.
Kreider is only the most obvious and conclusive example to date.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

The unnecessary rancor aside, this is a fair -- but erroneous post, and relevant to the subject of Kreider if added in for context is I was willing to overpay [up to a point] to obtain Hertl (their Kreider) from SJ, esp. if he was a little cheaper off an injury.

First of all, bern Brassard hasn't outplayed Stepan, no one got it wrong.
Brassard has outplayed Stepan.
Stepan has showed up, and chipped in, but Brassard has clearly more elevated his game.
Other posts in other threads say similar things. Which is not fact, but moving toward a consensus --- one you fear, given your fixation on Stepan.

Second, even if he has there's no reason to trade Stepan, you can have both.
I can live with that only if there is not enough premium overpayment for Stepan/+. I can't today tell you which is the best deal, but believe we are better off with the return of what he would command + Brassard.

I guess you can trade him for an upgrade at center...
Almost not logical in a vacuum, though it is obvious what you meant to say.
[An upgrade postulates someone better at C than Stepan. Who is better at C that will not cost us much more than Stepan?
Answer that one.]

...if you don't decimate your roster,...
Remember, you specified, at center. If you want an upgrade, supply and demand, it will cost you, assuming any kind of real upgrade can be had without extreme overpay.
Ergo, moving Stepan for an upgrade at C almost will certainly require overpay to extreme.

... but you wanted to give half your roster for Hertl who played a few games as a rookie at WING.
We'll allow the exaggeration.
Hertl is listed as able to play C, if I am not mistaken.

Every time you post it's an experiment in human arrogance.
That's your opinion, which apparently is claiming to be the standard for such measure.
I only have these drag them out confrontations with you and a couple of others who have it coming. Look in the mirror, man.

You have the worst proposals consistently on the board, but think you're a ****ing genius. A genius in your own mind.
Last year, I suggested Callahan to the Bruins.
This year, there were one or two to that effect.
Timing, yes, but you could argue I was trying to be ahead of the curve and get more for Cally sooner than later.
But of course, the mere thought of moving Cally was not viewed on a basis of what is practical, it was simply another horrendous proposal, if you are to be believed.

Or, on the other hand, thankfully not.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
....all respect guys, but this is a little silly in my not so humble opinion.

Back to the subject at hand. Chris Kreider.

He is beginning to display some qualities that I really like:

Self contained unit. He can actually make things happen all by himself. Which means that he can literally impose his will out there.

Creativity. He's using the boards in interesting ways that are just flat out fun to watch. Basically making bounce passes to himself and team mates.

Elevate his team mates play: see Stepan & Nash.

Inspiring fear in the opposition. They don't know what he's gonna do. All they know is that it will happen to them quickly.

Jedi mind tricks from the Sith. If you don't think that quote on the play with Price was not a beautiful piece of gamesmanship than go read Machiavelli. It was perfect. Understated, but sharp. Classy but club like at the same time.

This is one smart, savy young man.

NO BSing around. Get this kid locked up long term pronto.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad