Chris Kreider - Rookie/Beast

Blue Blooded

Most people rejected his message
Oct 25, 2010
Stockholm
Tavares, Duchene, Hedman, OEL, O'Reilly is probably the consensus top-5 from the 2009 draft.

Kreider is definitely in the next group with Kane, Kadri, Schenn.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
You could tell last night that the habs were terrified of Kreider's speed. It was to the point that it really hampered Subban's game. If they do that the rest of the series, they've basically conceded that they need to sacrifice their most dynamic player to try and neutralize Kreider. We have so much depth, they're in a catch-22. And Kreider still had a primary assist last night.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Intimidation.. No one would go near Lundqvist. Not saying to fight every game maybe 2-3 times a year when he has to protect himself or a teammate.

It's more intimidating if he just goes out there and steamrolls people with clean hard hits.

Leave the fighting to players like Dorsett and Carcillo.

Vickers8

It's more intimidating if he just goes out there and steamrolls people with clean hard hits.

Leave the fighting to players like Dorsett and Carcillo.

You watch the Habs dmen they here footsteps when Kreids is on the ice, they know they can be run over by the cement truck

AKrangerfan

Apr 18, 2012
Anchorage
I have to admit I am surprised by the impact CK has had since his return. I thought there would be a little rink rust. Very happy to see it, it is a different team with him in the line up.

Vickers8

Love when Stupidban tried to rock Kreids and he didn't even budge...

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
kreiderhate_zps96ac62c6.jpg~original

Wolfy*

Still Zucc beats him on the bench press :laugh:

At least that's what he tweeted a while ago.

KreiMeARiver*

I definitely take him over Brayden Schenn (GREATEST PROSPECT IN THE WORLD) and probably over Evander Kane (IMO an overrated and not as intelligent/mature player as Kreider).

I'm with you. The whole "give up the planet for Evander Kane" threads, this season were totally lost on me. He's not that good.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
Everyone is too sensitive and always looking for an apology. I like the fact that Kreider simply said he regrets not scoring the goal.

Brassard took a big shot approximately 2 seconds after he gave up the puck and you don't hear a single thing about it. Where is the apology for Brass?

Where is the apology from the Canadians to their fans for sucking so badly on the ice, they got walloped in Game 1?

Where is the apology from Canada for giving us Beiber?

Good points except I want to say for the last one maybe we should apologize for turning him into an American

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Very impressed by Kreider last night. He was obviously being targeted and not only kept his cool, but gave as much as he took, if not more.

That's what really got me. He was more than happy to engage any and all Habs physically, and keep a level head while doing so.

When the Habs have to get chippy, they aren't the type to keep their cool.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
No, Kovalev had more talent than pretty much any hockey player I have ever seen. Talent wise Kreider can skate faster that's it.

Kreider's strength is off the charts. The two maybe comparable but Kreider is probably the strongest player many of us have ever watched. Some of us have been watching a long time.

In every other area save speed and stick handling, Kreider's talent level is still being under rated. His passing and shooting are way better than he's had a chance to show so far. Watch the reaction video from the bench when Nash score's. Klein and Staal look at each other and say loud enough to hear " ..now THAT was a Kreid's pass."

The only place he's minimally talented in comparison to other areas is stick handling. Obviously Kovalev was superb in that area.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
That's what really got me. He was more than happy to engage any and all Habs physically, and keep a level head while doing so.

When the Habs have to get chippy, they aren't the type to keep their cool.

I loved what he said in the NYPost Q&A the other day. When asked how he would describe his style of play and he said something along the lines of "angry."

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I loved what he said in the NYPost Q&A the other day. When asked how he would describe his style of play and he said something along the lines of "angry."

I think the part of the interview that impressed me most--and practically the whole thing impressed me including his calling Tortorella awesome was when asked for three people he'd like to have dinner with--he said his grandmother, grandfather, uncle and his mentor at BC. A lot of people would be eating with the President, Derek Jeter, the Queen of England or some celebrity or another. The people in his life--that brought him up and helped him--the ones he won't be seeing again matter to him.

His asking to talk about his teammates was another highlight--he didn't miss a single one.

McDunna with Fries

Apr 9, 2012
Just a random thought here... I think what makes Kreider's comeback from injury so much more impressive is how quickly he was able to get his game back. The players we got back from injury all showed some pretty serious signs of rust, dating back to Staal's injury to Zucc's Olympic Games injury to McD's shoulder injury. Manchild!!!

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Just a random thought here... I think what makes Kreider's comeback from injury so much more impressive is how quickly he was able to get his game back. The players we got back from injury all showed some pretty serious signs of rust, dating back to Staal's injury to Zucc's Olympic Games injury to McD's shoulder injury. Manchild!!!

Kreider makes Nash a better player. He gives Stepan more options for his playmaking game. His speed backs off defenses--gives Nash more space. Kreider can burn other teams with his passing as well. He looks for and finds open guys.

There must have been hundreds of threads while he was at BC--trade him for this!--trade him for that!--he's going to bust!--or be a third liner at best. If he can't put up at a point a game pace in college--what makes anyone think he'll be able to do it as a pro let alone an NHL'er? The thing is he has the tools--he just needed the toolbox. He's got one now. His skating is elite. His size and strength easily put him in the power forward category. Other skills are very good to excellent. He's still got work to do as far as putting more of these skills together and more consistently and in getting better defensively. He could be a big star. As I said he has the tools but he's had to work hard to develop them. A guy like Vanek for instance is more natural--he's never had to work to bring out his skills nearly as much. Kreider's shown he has the mindset and the will to make himself a better player. His workout regime as we've seen is incredible--this kid wants to be the best he can be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad