Chris Kreider - Rookie/Beast

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
Fun stats on Chris Kreider. The NHL still considers Kreider a rookie since he didn't have enough games played coming into this season. So, as of today here are some stats that he's compiled:

Regular Season
89 games
19 goals
21 assists
40 points

Playoffs
32 games
8 goals
6 assists
14 points

He has played in four game 7's, all of which were wins (Washington 11-12, Ottawa 11-12, Washington 12-13, Pittsburgh 13-14).

Here's a question for all of the hockey encyclopedias out there (I have no idea what the answer is)... Has there ever been a player in NHL history that has played in 4 game 7's and 30 playoff games and still been considered a rookie?

Last edited:

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Great, great interview. Sounds like this team is very tightly knit, which is great to hear. And I love that Kreider is aware of his playing a little angry and sees the value in it. He's a monster when he plays that way.

I hope this guy is around for the long haul. He seems like he has a real good head on his shoulders, and he's going to be a real dangerous player for a number of years down the line.

Emptyvoid

Apr 11, 2009
I like Kreider's comments on how hard everyone tries, even those that are very smooth and make it look easy. Just because a player makes something look easy, doesn't mean they aren't working their ass off.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Great read thanks for sharing. I've had the pleasure of meeting Chris a few times when he was in college, and can confidently say he is one of the most focused and driven young men I have come across. Kind of comical to compare my maturity at the same age. Or now for that matter, but that's a story for another time.

Who knows what the future holds for him, but I will say as I always have that any setbacks won't be due to him not working hard enough. I remember vehemently arguing the same thing when the "Kreider is staying another year for girlz and beer pong!!" threads were popping up.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Here's a question for all of the hockey encyclopedias out there (I have no idea what the answer is)... Has there ever been a player in NHL history that has played in 4 game 7's and 30 playoff games and still been considered a rookie?

Ken Dryden came close, winning two game sevens in 1971. He was still a rookie in 1972, but did play any game sevens that year.

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
I vote for pursuing the NHL to count Kreider as a rookie next season also, due to his broken hand an missing important games :)

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I vote for pursuing the NHL to count Kreider as a rookie next season also, due to his broken hand an missing important games :)

Yeah, just to piss off everyone who thought he shouldn't be a rookie this year.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
He was the best player on the ice for either team today, no question IMO.

He's finally realized that he's bigger, faster and stronger than almost everyone. Look out NHL.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
As his comments in the article make clear he realizes he's going to have to channel his inner bad @$$. Which is very good for him to understand.

He's either bigger, stronger, faster or just more talented than most of his opponents. Now is the time for him to make a statement about who Chris Kreider really is as a hockey player.

Oh, and that wrister to the short side today was nasty. Pure filth.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Makes a huge difference for this team. Hard not to like this kid. I bet 5-10 teams might want another shot at him. I think we drafted him at #19.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
He's a guy that steps up when it matters. Getting him back was a HUGE part of us winning the Pens series. Even though we lost game 4, the team looked completely different once he took the ice.

4-1 since he returned.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Makes a huge difference for this team. Hard not to like this kid. I bet 5-10 teams might want another shot at him. I think we drafted him at #19.

We did, and the Canadiens took Louie Leblanc at 18. :)

Think about this pick when you rip into our scouting in the future, people...you know who you are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad