Player Discussion Chris Kreider: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
I hope he's not too greedy.

can't blame him if he was. This is his last chance to get a big contract. no way he gets a big payout in 3-4 years. He tries to get as many years and dollars as he can right now.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Zucc, Hayes, Kreider, Stepan, Callahan, etc... its amazing how many "50 point" players we seem to produce, but we haven't been able to get over that hump yet. Hopefully, Kakko and Chytil change that story.

Not only that but the high value we feel these players have is pretty funny. Most teams top players are close to double what ours have been since Nash had 42 goals. I wasnt interested in a 7 year 42-50 mill deal for Zuc, I wasnt interested in it for Hayes, and I'm not interested in it for Kreider either. If he wants to stay he has to get paid like other 50 point players in the league, and I believe his current contract isn't that far off, but ofcourse I dont blame him If he wants more an can get it. I'm tired of the "intangibles " because those haven't added up to squat. Since Nash fell off, Richard's and St.Louis retired we haven't won anything.

Reactions: Elliman

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Phil DiGiuseppe just recalled sooooo have a feeling it’s not as short term as Quinn made it sound. He seems to do that

TheGortonConspiracy

Wow its a nice GM
May 2, 2017
NYC
Given how little we know about brain injuries, I'm surprised that they're able to confidently rule out a concussion so quickly after the hit...
I don’t believe anything the team says about injuries so

There’s almost no way they know for sure he doesn’t have a concussion

Exactly, and Quinn refused to speak in facts about Mika when he had an ‘upper body’ injury this year. Surprising how many people here still take Quinn for his word in regards to injuries.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
In Quinn's defense, the practice of imprecise, vague "upper body" and "lower body" injury designations is coming from above. It's also a league-wide practice.

The teams do it for a few reasons:

• There is no league policy requiring teams to release injury details publicly (unlike for example the NFL). The only policy is against giving false or misleading information to the media, so a broad binary designation protects the team against that allegation. The league can issue fines in this regard.
  • It avoids any possible issue pertaining to player privacy rights.
  • It avoids the media scrutinizing how the team is handling a player's injury.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Going completely off my gut, and a single televised interview, Quinn looked honest in assessing how bad the injury was/how long he thought Kreids would be out. But to the more specific question of "was it a concussion"...? Yeah, I thought he looked a little like his pants were smoking there...

Reactions: egelband

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
In Quinn's defense, the practice of imprecise, vague "upper body" and "lower body" injury designations is coming from above. It's also a league-wide practice.

The teams do it for a few reasons:

• There is no league policy requiring teams to release injury details publicly (unlike for example the NFL). The only policy is against giving false or misleading information to the media, so a broad binary designation protects the team against that allegation. The league can issue fines in this regard.
  • It avoids any possible issue pertaining to player privacy rights.
  • It avoids the media scrutinizing how the team is handling a player's injury.
Also plausible deniability in the event of a lawsuit.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
LeBrun: Six specific trade deadline moves that make a lot of...

New York Rangers trade Chris Kreider to the St. Louis Blues in exchange for a 2020 first-round pick and RW Jordan Kyrou. (Rangers retain 50 percent of Kreider’s $4.625 million cap hit.)

My take: Yes, it’s a high price to pay. Teams don’t spend first-round picks at the deadline like they’re candy anymore. But here’s what I do know so far: Eight teams have informed the Rangers they’ve got Kreider at the top of their wish list. And the Rangers are looking for at least the return they got on Kevin Hayes a year ago at the deadline. The Jets gave up a first-round pick and winger Brendan Lemieux for renting out pending UFA Hayes. Now, Hayes is a centre, Kreider is a winger. But Kreider currently is the top of the rental class.

The Blues have other young forward prospects coming up the pipeline. I’m sure they would hate giving up the promising Kyrou, 21, but Kreider is such a nice fit with his playing style on the Blues, who are eager to defend their Stanley Cup title. Maybe the Blues can try to condition the first-round pick to make sure they get out of the first round of the playoffs at least. But given the serious interest in Kreider, I’m not sure that’s going to be an option. It’s not clear yet if Vladimir Tarasenko will be back before the playoffs, and that has major cap implications, but the Rangers retaining gives the Blues more breathing room either way.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I would sit him out for awhile. There is no point in potentially compromising his trade value. This team has no shot at the playoffs.

sitting him and making people speculate he has a concussion isn't going to help his trade value much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad