Player Discussion Chris Kreider: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
CK is going through mental things now. Once the contract thing is over with think he will be fine. Sadly, don’t think he can fetch a 1st rounder now.

I love CK but any team who pays him 7 and 7 are out of their minds. At least with Hayes he is a center and two way player.

Hes a few months removed of a 28 goal season and his overall package is pretty rare.

He hasn't been bad enough for long enough to not be that valuable.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
I've always been a Kreider guy...likely always will be.

Seems like a very thoughtful, cerebral guy. Great chemistry with 93. IMO, Kreider would seem like the type of guy that would leave term and $ on the table to remain in a spot where he's comfortable I'm somewhat surprised (maybe I shouldn't be) that remaining in New York isn't more important to him. He just seems like he would be that guy.

And I know, his departure is inevitable, but I've seen stranger things happen. He's not gone until he's gone. I trust JD immensely - he'll do right with both Kreider and Georgiev. Both very tricky situations.

As well documented (grin) I would punt Skjei, Buchnevich, and others to make room for 20. Not to say that will occur, but stuff happens. Can this team get hot in January? Could a torrid stretch change the equation? Perhaps another injury somewhere...I don't know, stuff happens...

Reactions: CasusBelli

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
I’ve always felt Kreider has been under appreciated Ranger IMO. He was the 19th overall pick and I felt fans held expectations on him like he was a top 3 pick or something. Most players taken at his spot don’t do anything but at least Kreider has been a top 6 player for many years and a good playoff performer. I think his performance in the 2012 playoffs made fans set unreal expectations on him that he was suppose to be a 40 goal scorer or something and anything less was a disappointment or something. I admit he is streaky but I think fans misinterpreted that as being “lazy” when in reality I think he overthinks too much sometimes. Obviously I know he is gonna be traded but it seems like many are not sad about it compared to Zucc or even JT Miller lol

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I would want him to stay on a 6 and 6 deal. He is on pace for his normal of 50 points again this season and around 25 goals, even after struggling this season, and being very snakebitten. Problem is 6 and 6 won’t get it done. I don’t blame him for wanting a big deal, this will be his last chance at a big contract.

Reactions: haveandare

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
I would want him to stay on a 6 and 6 deal. He is on pace for his normal of 50 points again this season and around 25 goals, even after struggling this season, and being very snakebitten. Problem is 6 and 6 won’t get it done. I don’t blame him for wanting a big deal, this will be his last chance at a big contract

. Yeah I understand both sides. I know a trade is probably for the best BUT we are definitely gonna miss him. What he brings is very hard to replace despite what some say

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
No problem with trading Kreider at the deadline then trying to resign him in the offseason if he isn't asking for too much money/term. I expect that to not be the case unfortunately.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
I would want him to stay on a 6 and 6 deal. He is on pace for his normal of 50 points again this season and around 25 goals, even after struggling this season, and being very snakebitten. Problem is 6 and 6 won’t get it done. I don’t blame him for wanting a big deal, this will be his last chance at a big contract.
Hell, I’d be happy to keep him and give him $7.5MM and a limited NTC...

...for up to 4 years.

(And then to talk about subsequent deals thereafter when we see how his body’s holding up.)

It’s locking into anything long term on day 1 that’s simply a nonstarter

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
No problem with trading Kreider at the deadline then trying to resign him in the offseason if he isn't asking for too much money/term. I expect that to not be the case unfortunately.

Yeah the only case I can recall of this happening is Antoine Vermette.

If they trade him he’s not coming back. Because if and when they do move him, they know what contract he’s looking for and don’t wanna commit to that

Reactions: haveandare

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I’ve always felt Kreider has been under appreciated Ranger IMO. He was the 19th overall pick and I felt fans held expectations on him like he was a top 3 pick or something. Most players taken at his spot don’t do anything but at least Kreider has been a top 6 player for many years and a good playoff performer. I think his performance in the 2012 playoffs made fans set unreal expectations on him that he was suppose to be a 40 goal scorer or something and anything less was a disappointment or something. I admit he is streaky but I think fans misinterpreted that as being “lazy” when in reality I think he overthinks too much sometimes. Obviously I know he is gonna be traded but it seems like many are not sad about it compared to Zucc or even JT Miller lol
The personality doesn't fit the body.

And I don't think he's soft or lazy at all. He's a thinker. Yeah, when you're built like a tank, sometimes you should think less, it is what it is.

But at the same time, as you alluded to, he's probably gotten more out of his skillset than what reasonably should have been expected. Part of that is owed to him having a plan out there. Nobody takes into account that he might be worse if he ran around like a chicken. (Howden, Brett)

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.

Zucc had a lot of personality, played with a lot of heart and played bigger than his size - that goes a long way with fans. As far as Miller goes, I don't think anyone was sad - they were just upset for the total return we got for Miller and McDonagh combined.

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Zucc had a lot of personality, played with a lot of heart and played bigger than his size - that goes a long way with fans. As far as Miller goes, I don't think anyone was sad - they were just upset for the total return we got for Miller and McDonagh combined

zthats fine but I still feel Kreider has been under appreciated despite his physical gifts. He has been apart of a lot of big moments in our recent history and scored big goals too

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
I've always been a Kreider guy...likely always will be.

Seems like a very thoughtful, cerebral guy. Great chemistry with 93. IMO, Kreider would seem like the type of guy that would leave term and $ on the table to remain in a spot where he's comfortable I'm somewhat surprised (maybe I shouldn't be) that remaining in New York isn't more important to him. He just seems like he would be that guy.

And I know, his departure is inevitable, but I've seen stranger things happen. He's not gone until he's gone. I trust JD immensely - he'll do right with both Kreider and Georgiev. Both very tricky situations.

As well documented (grin) I would punt Skjei, Buchnevich, and others to make room for 20. Not to say that will occur, but stuff happens. Can this team get hot in January? Could a torrid stretch change the equation? Perhaps another injury somewhere...I don't know, stuff happens...
Purge Buch, Skjei, Smith. Keep TDA, CK, AG.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
zthats fine but I still feel Kreider has been under appreciated despite his physical gifts. He has been apart of a lot of big moments in our recent history and scored big goals too
His personality is key. Serious when he needs to be; easygoing when he can be. He can put people in their place and easily make friends / reduce tensions. That’s leadership.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
The personality doesn't fit the body.

And I don't think he's soft or lazy at all. He's a thinker. Yeah, when you're built like a tank, sometimes you should think less, it is what it is.

But at the same time, as you alluded to, he's probably gotten more out of his skillset than what reasonably should have been expected. Part of that is owed to him having a plan out there. Nobody takes into account that he might be worse if he ran around like a chicken. (Howden, Brett)
This. Is. Spot. On.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
I definitely think if we were to resign Kreids, he would immediately be given the C
It would be between him and Mika — though, like you, I would favor CK in such a decision. He is a legionnaire on the ice and a general off the ice. At least that’s the impression he’s always given me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad